Recovery is a Biatch! - Chicago, IL

5'5", 125lbs. Had MTT w/muscle repair via...

5'5", 125lbs. Had MTT w/muscle repair via c-section scar, hernia repair. 2 big pregnancies so my muscles were shot. Always worked out and ate healthy. Never had to lose weight.
So swollen 8 days post op, I look 5 months preg. Can't see it has been worth it so far, assume that'll change. So painful.

Worried about scar

I'm pleased with the flatness of my tummy but now I'm worried my scar is turning into a keloid. It's only been 15 days but my scar is thick, hard and raised. Is this normal at 15 days post op?

New pictures

3 weeks today

Scar update pic

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Love, Love, Love. He's so smart, experienced, patient, fair priced, responsive, down to earth. I can't say enough good things about him. Super easy going office staff (very flexible scheduling/rescheduling).

U look great!
You look great. Do you have any pictures of before your surgery
You look great! Did you have full muscle repair or just lower?
Is the recovery that bad? You look good the scar doesn't like as long as other people I have seen.
Recovery was rough but I've long forgotten about that now. My scar wasn't as long as most because I just had a mini TT. I just had one stubborn fat tire and loose stomach muscles to be taken care of. I think the more they remove, the bigger the scar.
wow your results look amazing!! Did you move your belly button with the mini tummy tuck as well?
Thanks! No. Just had the umbilical hernia corrected.
How is your scar looking now ?
Pretty good. Normal healing I think. With the exception of spitting stitches. My body is rejecting the nylon stitches and pushes them out every so often. Dr Schierle fixes them when they do. The reason he used nylon is I am allergic to vicryl. I'll post updated pics
Wow looking great , you must be so happy with the results , you aren't spitting stitches now are you ? Just in recovery ? Thanks for the reply :)
I am still spitting stitches. About three different areas at the moment. They appear like tiny hard pimples on the scar and a tiny bit of nylon sticks out. My PS fixes them easily but they're a pain in the butt.
Yes how annoying , surely there can't be more to come out after 9 months lol Your results look great :)
Looks great to me what did you have done to your belly button? And do you have any before pictures?
Babe the scar gets dark at some stage then fades... Don't you worry!! You look great
I think we almost had surgery on the same day with Dr. Schierle! You look awesome! I wouldn't worry too much about the scar right now, you're still pretty "fresh" from your surgery and it will take some time to heal. We're lucky he's GREAT with minimal scarring and has tons of experience/knowledge on healing and scarring :-)
That's so funny! I had my postop appointment a few days after surgery and he was boasting how he had just set a new personal record of 400cc+ thru the armpit. Small world! I was supposed to get breast augmentation at the same time as my tummy tuck but my husband freaked out so I had to cancel that part of the surgery. Your boobs look amazing! It's so nice to talk to someone who has an understanding of how great Dr Schierle is.
Drain is out!! No the waiting game is on! Waiting for the bruising and swelling to go. I am excited! Having a pedi, mani etc.
Congrats! Do you have any pictures?
You look amazing....it seems like your swelling is gone? Is that the way you look from morning till night? I am two weeks po today and in swell hell...my drain is till in place, hopefully my ps will ok the removal tomorrow.
The swelling has slowed down big time in the last week. I'm a little more swollen at the end of the day. I never had a drain. My PS doesn't use them! Awesome right?! I didn't realize that until 5 minutes before surgery. He said he could remove any fluid build up with a syringe but he hasn't had to since I haven't had any fluid buildup. Let me know if he removes your drain! Good luck!
Ladies pictures please???
Your scar looks amazing....great healing going on there! Mine is also really low and from hip to hip...the scar is the reason why I did not do this years ago, now I could not care less. With good healing it will fade eventually but at least I can hide it.
Thanks! That's reassuring. I was getting worried.
You will look amazing...we just have to hang in there...wow what a roller coaster this is! This certainly is major surgery...it is not good trying to minimize the recovery needed for this. The first week is crucial to be prepared for....Today is day 8 for me and I feel somewhat human. This was the first day I woke up without swelling to my feet, legs and hands. So...I feel great. The tummy better show up without too much swelling in another 5 weeks....
Your scar is so good..mine is from hip to hip i dunno why they call even a mini tt because i heard minis have scars no less than 3 to 4 inch.