Recovery is a Biatch! - Chicago, IL

5'5", 125lbs. Had MTT w/muscle repair via...

5'5", 125lbs. Had MTT w/muscle repair via c-section scar, hernia repair. 2 big pregnancies so my muscles were shot. Always worked out and ate healthy. Never had to lose weight.
So swollen 8 days post op, I look 5 months preg. Can't see it has been worth it so far, assume that'll change. So painful.
We have the same look happening.. I'm 22 days post op,it looks great in the morning.. But then.. Swollen at night... You will start seeing it go away slowly.. You look great so far! Iposted a question about swelling and the doctor answered that it will take months or longer... It will all be worth it:0)

Welcome to the community.  Give this some time for healing.  The swelling never helps anything but it will go down.

Hun 8days post op..its nothing.u will still be swollen.actually very swollen im post op week 4.mini tt n lipo of the waist line i get swelling in the evening.so patience is the key and cg as well..happy healing!

Worried about scar

I'm pleased with the flatness of my tummy but now I'm worried my scar is turning into a keloid. It's only been 15 days but my scar is thick, hard and raised. Is this normal at 15 days post op?
Ladies pictures please???
Your scar looks amazing....great healing going on there! Mine is also really low and from hip to hip...the scar is the reason why I did not do this years ago, now I could not care less. With good healing it will fade eventually but at least I can hide it.
Thanks! That's reassuring. I was getting worried.

New pictures

3 weeks today
How is your scar looking now ?
Pretty good. Normal healing I think. With the exception of spitting stitches. My body is rejecting the nylon stitches and pushes them out every so often. Dr Schierle fixes them when they do. The reason he used nylon is I am allergic to vicryl. I'll post updated pics
Looks great to me what did you have done to your belly button? And do you have any before pictures?

Scar update pic

U look great!
You look great. Do you have any pictures of before your surgery
You look great! Did you have full muscle repair or just lower?
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Love, Love, Love. He's so smart, experienced, patient, fair priced, responsive, down to earth. I can't say enough good things about him. Super easy going office staff (very flexible scheduling/rescheduling).