55 Year Old Female, Physically Fit - Chicago, IL

I have a muscular frame and work out. It made no...

I have a muscular frame and work out. It made no difference how hard I trained, I could not get rid of the tire around my middle and back fat. So I bite the bullet and had liposuction performed by Dr. Mussat 7 weeks ago. Great results so far as I am still healing.
I did not need pain medication after I returned home from the procedure hours later. I also had minimal leakage day one and none the following day. I purchased several corsets as I find them very useful in keeping my abdomen and back steady and straight at work.

Since May, I have lost 10lbs with three more to go to reach my goal weight. Removing the tire and back fat has helped in defining my fit figure.
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Mussat is incredible! She is professional with a friendly disposition. She is honest and I trust her to tell me the truth. She spends the time needed to make me comfortable. I have recommended several friends.

I am hoping for that result. I am the same age as you, muscular and an advanced Pilates student but could not get rid of the bulge. I am one week out, very bruised and still on pain meds. Thankfully I do not have to work right now but I do have to travel later this week. Hoping for rapid recovery!
I wish the same for you too!
Congrats! Do you have any before&after pics to share? Thanks. Happy Labor Day!
Hi, Happy Labor Day to you! No photos but Dr. Mussat will post my before and after in December. Last Saturday, she said that I looked really good and should be ready for photos in December. I know that photos help to give people a reference but I did not think to take photos as I had not planned to share my story or join this community that support others who want to improve their self image.
Thank You,no worries. I also understand for privacy reasons. I am happy everything is healing and you're Dr said you're looking good.
Sounds like u r doing well. Looking forward to ur pictures.
Thank you, I'll let you know when Dr. Mussat posts my photos.
I would love to see your pictures. Do you have any? I am almost 6 weeks post - flatter in the AM and swollen with ridges above my belly button which I massage daily. I am 54 - I am 5'6, also, work out and was 148 pre-op. Now 140 and powerwalking 3 miles almost every day and healthy diet.
Hi, Unfortunately I did not take photos of myself as I did not think that I would be a member of the Realself community. I have a vivid memory of my middle and back fat! Dr. Mussat will post my before and after in December on her website. As far as weighing more in the evening vs. the morning, I find this to be true for me too. For me, I attribute this to having consumed too much salt and not drinking enough water. As far as the swelling, I too have pockets of lumps. One is nice and big on the left side. It is slowly decreasing and I trust Dr. Mussat when she tells me that the healing process takes about 6 mths. I do have moments of despair when I look at myself and see more pockets of unevenness then I had before my procedure. I called them lumps. Like you I massage daily. I am excited to see the end results - smoothness. Keep doing what you are doing. Keep in mind that liposuction is very invasive.
I like those videos on u-tube that show someone getting liposuction while awake and bouncing out of the clinic afterwards!!! You are right about it being invasive - they make it sound like it's no big deal. Wednesday will be 6 weeks post-op - in the AM I look great, but in the PM I have that shelf looking thing that I vigorously massage. Wishing you well and hoping you get the results you desire!!!