Banded March 2007 - Chicago, IL

Well I actually joined this site because I will be...

Well I actually joined this site because I will be having a tummy tuck next week, but am very happy to share my lapband experience as well.

I was banded over 4 years ago and it is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I really don't know what I would without my band. I lost 60 lbs within the first 6 months. I had immediate restriction after the first fill, I could eat very little and that's the way I liked it because I was loosing the weight.

The second year is when I started having problems. I continued to lose weight, but I struggled with acid reflux at night and heartburn so I decided to have some of the fluid taken out of my band. After that, I was able to eat more and in turn I started to gain back some of the weight I lost. I went back and forth with having fills and unfills for about a year.

Fast forward to this year. My band is filled with very little (1.25cc in a 4cc band) to avoid the stomach problems I was having. The last 25lbs was a struggle, but I started hitting the gym religiously until I reached my goal. I finally reached 100lb weight loss after 4 years.

I still love my band! It keeps my eating in check. The band helped me lose the first 75lbs then the rest was up to me!

Dr. Bonomo - Mercy Hospital

Dr. Bonomo is no longer at Mercy Hospital, but I wish he was. He and his nurse Florence were the absolute best! Florence also had lapband surgery so her personal knowledge was very valuable. I know they are still practicing somewhere!

I hope you feel as great as you look. So you have 1.25cc in a 4 cc band is that good or bad?
Thank you Prettee2B! I feel great! 1.25cc is good. Currently, I have about 2cc which is also good.
OMGGGG!! Tam!! What a major differance!!!
Thank you all so much! It has certainly been life-changing and I couldn't be happier!
Thank you for sharing your experience. You look very beautiful.
WOW!!! I would have never thought this was you. YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!! I'm so happy for you. Congrats!! My sister is thinking about get Lap Band. SHe is currently 5'5 270 pounds. I'm going to show her your results. You look so Amazing girl!!!!
very beautiful
I a m so excited for you continued transformation. Good luck with surgery.
Wow and look at you now! Its not an easy choice to have lap band or a bypass and now your on your way to a TT....awesome!

Hi there,

Thanks for your review. You look great and you've done an awesome job of losing and maintaining your weight. Good luck with the tummy tuck as well.

Kirsty