Banded March 2007 - Chicago, IL

Well I actually joined this site because I will be...

Well I actually joined this site because I will be having a tummy tuck next week, but am very happy to share my lapband experience as well.

I was banded over 4 years ago and it is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I really don't know what I would without my band. I lost 60 lbs within the first 6 months. I had immediate restriction after the first fill, I could eat very little and that's the way I liked it because I was loosing the weight.

The second year is when I started having problems. I continued to lose weight, but I struggled with acid reflux at night and heartburn so I decided to have some of the fluid taken out of my band. After that, I was able to eat more and in turn I started to gain back some of the weight I lost. I went back and forth with having fills and unfills for about a year.

Fast forward to this year. My band is filled with very little (1.25cc in a 4cc band) to avoid the stomach problems I was having. The last 25lbs was a struggle, but I started hitting the gym religiously until I reached my goal. I finally reached 100lb weight loss after 4 years.

I still love my band! It keeps my eating in check. The band helped me lose the first 75lbs then the rest was up to me!

I hope you feel as great as you look. So you have 1.25cc in a 4 cc band is that good or bad?
Thank you Prettee2B! I feel great! 1.25cc is good. Currently, I have about 2cc which is also good.
OMGGGG!! Tam!! What a major differance!!!
Dr. Bonomo - Mercy Hospital

Dr. Bonomo is no longer at Mercy Hospital, but I wish he was. He and his nurse Florence were the absolute best! Florence also had lapband surgery so her personal knowledge was very valuable. I know they are still practicing somewhere!