I Gave Myself a 65th Birthday Present. A Facelift and Upper Bleph. It Feels Soooooo Good - Chicago, IL

I had a facelift when I was 50 with a lower bleph,...

I had a facelift when I was 50 with a lower bleph, a forehead lift, and chin implant. At 65 I was seeing changes in my face that really bothered me. It came on rather suddenly. One day, out of the blue, I said I am going to do something about that. It was right around my 65th birthday. I thought, perfect timing.

I saw my doctor and he explained what he would do to address the jowl and neck area. Also my upper eyelids were very hooded. I scheduled the surgery right away.

I went into the surgery center and was greeted by the most wonderful surgery staff. They were so upbeat, and extremely comforting. My doctor came in and marked my face and I walked into the operating room. I was put under general anesthesia and before I knew it I woke up in recovery. I went back to my hotel with drains and bandages all around me head. The next day I went back and everything was removed. I looked absolutely hideous. Luckily, since I had been through this before, I was not freaking out. I went back a few days later to have my stitches removed.

My doctor gave me his home phone number to call if there were any problems. I was extremely impressed by that. He is a compassionate and caring person.

The recovery process for me was very easy. I did not ice because I am too lazy. I just relaxed and by day 10 I got all my energy back and resumed my life. I used a cover up for the bruising under my eyes. I realize that some facelift procedures require more recovery. I had a MACS vertical facelift. Right now I am 4 weeks out from the surgery. All of the bruising is gone and so is the swelling. There is stills some numbness on the sides of my face.

I know the final results of my surgery will not be revealed until around 9 months to a year. But, so far, so good.

I just wanted to clarify than "most" of the...

I just wanted to clarify than "most" of the swelling is gone, but there is still some swelling left to resolve. One eyelid is still a little swollen and the outer areas of my jaw is too. I will try to post follow up photos.

please tell us the cost, or we may get all excited, thinking we can afford it and then we can't. TELL THE PRICE
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

That is funny it is my right side also... The doctor said the ear is the last thing to come back.... I guess I feel like someone can tell [ haha silly me] Guess patience is something I need to learn it is only 2 weeks.. Today I went food shopping,highchair shopping[for grandson] cut my front and back grass, weed wacked and swept the driveway and the curb... I am tired now...
Chicago Plastic Surgeon