Worst Eye Job Ever - Chicago, IL

Do not be fooled by Dr. Cohen's advertising. He...

Do not be fooled by Dr. Cohen's advertising. He is an opthomologist, not a board certified cosmetic surgeon. My lids had drooped to the point they were impairing my field of vision, a situation where the surgery would have been covered by my medical insurance. Dr. Cohen claimed to be an expert in the procedure required to lift my lids. The results of the surgery performed on me would belie that fact. Not only did he not conceal the scar from the lift in the upper crease of my eye, placing it instead across the middle of the lid, but he dropped the inner and outer corners giving the eyes a peaked and cross eyed look. It's been a year and a not a day has passed that I look in the mirror and hate what I see. I am going to consult a board certified plastic surgeon, which Dr. Cohen is not, to repair the poor quality of work he has left upon my appearance, and unfortunately this time I will have to pay for it out of my own pocket. Horrible Horrible experience.
wow!!! My upper eyelids are messed up from Dr. Wafik Hanna from Hinsdale Illinois he is a Facial Plastic Surgeon and has been for 49 years, hell he should have been able to do my lids blindfolded with that much experience. He did not go over with me how he was going to do my upper lids and i didn't ask thinking that he knows what to do. Well was i wrong, he made 1 eye incision between the lashes and the crease and the other eye on the crease.After surgery they were swollen but had looked somewhat even i also took my owm pictures of my lids after surgery while they were shut because i thought my eyelids were sutured very strangely. Instead of a straight line suture there were little raised balls of skin in the suture line, as time went on i was scarred on both lids and they were uneven. I forgot to mention i also have 2 horizontal scars right above the outer corners of my eyes,I asked him post-op why those scars were there and would they go away and he told me to give it time. so time i gave it a whole year... my scars are terrible and lids uneven. Dr. Hanna told me he cut the 1 lid between the crease and the lashes because my eye brows were uneven., so now i have uneven eyebrows and eyelids with bad scars.I did some research and i need to see an ASOPRS Oculofacial plastic surgeon i think i found a great one in Beverly Hills i am going for a consultation. And also Dr. Hanna has books of before and afters but you never cut an eyelid between the lash and the crease because an eyebrow is not even, you make the lids even and fix the eyebrow.
I have terrible results from Dr. Hanna too. Wish I would have read reviews before. My scars are horrific!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Skokie Oculoplastic Surgeon

Horrible Horrible Horrible!!!! He is not a board certified cosmetic surgeon. Beware.