Extremely Happy with the Entire Experience! - Chicago, IL

I was recommended to Dr. Placik for breast implant...

I was recommended to Dr. Placik for breast implant exchange and capsulotomy. I had previously had augmentation about 7 years ago (by a different surgeon) and I was no longer satisfied with the results. During consultation Dr. Placik went over every detail; my previous surgery, what I was looking for in my implant exchange, and explained the procedure so that the outcome would be exactly what I was looking for. Now 7 weeks post surgery, I can honestly say that I am 100% satisfied with the entire experience!

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Placik and his staff made my entire experience amazing! Effortless. Enjoyable. Comfortable. And I could not be happier with my results! He is the kindest, most knowledgeable, and most surgically gifted plastic surgeon! (His staff is great too!) And best of all, I absolutely LOVE my new breasts!! I would recommend Dr. Placik to anyone!

I had an explant and new implant (larger) implanted. I originally had breast augmentation by a different physician about 7 years ago. I no longer liked the look of the breasts; I lost weight and my natural breast tissue "disappeared". The right implant had dropped a little too.
The recovery was what I expected. Since I had previously had implants, I had less chest pain (pec pain) after this procedure compared to the first. I took pain medication on a scheduled basis for only a few days and the pain was well controlled. Take stool softeners!! The worst part of the recovery for me was nausea. Thankfully, Dr. Placik gave me Zofran with refills, which did help the nausea. I slept upright for about a week and wore a bra 24/7 for 7 weeks.
I am a very active person and was able to go back to light exercise (no arm movements) after about 10 days. By 5 weeks I was lifting weights and running and felt completely recovered!
If I was to give any tips it would be to take off at least one full week of work and any activity-so be sure to have someone stay with you for several days to help you and run errands for you. And whatever size you are thinking of getting, I highly recommend you go a little bigger, otherwise you may end up having a second surgery like me. The breasts will decrease significantly as the swelling resolves and they drop into their natural place.
Overall, I could not be happier with my decision to have the second surgery. My breasts are exactly what I wanted now and I love the look!!

Thanks for your doctor testimonial. In order to add your posting to the breast aug community, we need to know a little more about YOU. What was your recovery like? What are pros and cons of the procedure? Any other tips you can offer others thinking about getting breast aug?

Looking forward to reading more of your story.