Still Flat Ass After BBL, $8500 Down the Drain? - Chicago, IL

For YEARS I dreamed of having a nice bubble butt....

For YEARS I dreamed of having a nice bubble butt. I saved some and some im in debt for it. I decided to get it for my 30th birthday. I was excited, nervous, scared... what we all go through before surgery. I did my homework, looked up reviews in lots of websites, visited a few doctors. My ideal would have been dr. Salama in Miami. But i couldn't make the time and accomodations for my daughter to be taken care of. and me going alone.... anyway, so i decided to choose this dr. even though he was charging a little more than the rest. I read nothing but good about him. I mean for God's sake he comes out in the news every now and then talking about some new procedure. He's been quoted in popular celebrity magazines. So I thought, this is my guy!! lots of good pres.. right.

When i went into his office in the booklets he has a pic of a bbl. yes only 1. i asked if they had more and they told me no one likes to give concent for their pic to be displayed but assured me he had done a lot of brazilian butt lifts.
I scheduled my procedure went throught the whole thing... they said i wouldn't feel a thing and that most patients resume their regular lives a day later.

So the big day came. i went in they gave me 3 valiums waited 20 min, and took me to the little room. The nurses preped me, the Dr. came in he just started going at it. injecting me and stuff. with minimal talk to me. then he just went to work sticking me with that huge neddle thing sucking all the fat out. I was in pain!! I accidentally almost grabbed my side and he got mad and barked at me i could mess him up! after all "you're in surgery, having liposuction while awake" the whole thing was painful! after he did my abdomen and hips, the nurses got the needles ready with the fat for the transfer, he told me to turn around , injected my butt with the anesthesia and righ away started filling in with the fat. That was super painful. to the poing where i started to cry. I think i have a high tolerance for pain, but this was just the worst pain ever.

after he finished with all the needles. he took of his surgery scrubs and walked out. just like that. the nurses put maxi pads on me with some band and then put on the compression garment. took me to the room to get dressed and told me my ride was here. and that was that.

the next day i got a phone call to see how i was doing.... and schedule my next app to remove the stiches.

now is 2 days later and i am not satified with my results. my butt is still flat!!! the side view looks the same!! 8500.00 to me is not cheap. so im really dissapointed. has this happend to anyone else? Im adding some pics so everyone can see what im talking aboout. the first few are from before. then the others are 2 days after surgery. anyone with similiar situation advice on what you did with this issue.

thanks.

P.s I know that results of your ''perfect'' butt...

P.s
I know that results of your ''perfect'' butt are not guaranteed, but since the procedure is for a butt augmentation, at least give me a bump!! That's all I wanted! A round butt with some shape!

Hun check out Dra Duran, Dra Robles and Dra Yili on RealSelf, that's where girls go to get the nice big butts and small waists. I'm sorry that doctor screwed you for your money. That's insane.
I know this may be late, but he should be reported to the American College of Surgeons. Also check his accreditation and file complaints with those entities also. Last, but most important make a FORMAL complaint with the state health professions licensing agency and your state attorney generals office. After all is done, I would find an attorney. Also, now that I look more closely at your photos, he should have had the conversation with you that they look you desired would require implantation. You could have never obtained the rounded glutes with the fat injection alone. Good luck
What Dr did your BBL??
You should suit for false advertising
I am so sorry this happened to you! If he is a good PS he would fix this with no extra charge!
im with hardbum561 on that
What doctor did your BBL?
your doctor needs to schedule a re due if possible i know some dictors will have you wait then fix any problems
cherryblossom, his results shows why his patients resume their normal lives after 1 day post op. I'm really praying a caring attorney will consult with you for free to recoup a portion of your expense.
Butt he obviously didn't perform the procedure that you went in to have done....so unfair. You should still consult a lawyer just to get an idea in which direction you should go from here. I can not believe him!
I'm trying to do everything I can get this worked out. I went in to get the stitches removed and I couldnt talk to him. He was in surgery. As much as I expressed how unhappy I was with everything, the nurses or employees couldn't do anything!!! They. Wrote all my complaints down and said that by my 8 week check up the fat should work it's way to where it's supposed to be and that maybe he can go back and fix it! I don't want this guy doing anything else on me!!! -- unfortunately I did sign a few forms before the procedure, one wich states I would not go after him on ''malpractice'' ... How could I have been so dumb! I wanted this so bad! I got myself in a really messed up situation!
I had some close friends over for the holiday for a BBQ, they were surprised to hear I got something 'done' my butt looks as flat as it ever was!
All I keep thinking is .... I'm screwed and in BIG debt! :(
Just from reading your review, I gather that this guy is all wrong!
You should not have been awake.
He didn't process the fat.
Him and his staff obviously didn't take pride in the care, and service rendered to you too say the least.
This is unexceptable, and completely unfair to you. Please, please, please. Do what it takes to to seek compensation for his 'big joke', and your time, aggravation, pain and suffering, and whatever you can think of. I hate that you had to experience this, and don't want anyone else to go through it...HE NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN!
Good luck with everything sweetheart.
How awful! So sorry to hear how unhappy you are! My heart goes out to you. Please keep us updated!! 8500 is not a small amount of change and I hope he can reimburse you somehow or do another surgery for you for a low cost. I am having surgery tomorrow and praying that I will have no complications.
Good luck with your surgery!! Hope everything goes well and the results are great!
Sorry to hear that. Did your doctor ever mention to you, that you were going to be wide awake during your pre-op? I would really find out the website for the medical board of surgeons and file a complaint. I honestly think he's over price to begin with. I would definitely ask for some type of compensation for the agony you were put through. Look for an attorney if not small claims.
It was during the pre-op app. that they dropped that bomb on me! Being awake. But if I wanted to be put under there would be another big fee and change dates. I already had everything scheduled at work to be on vacation that week and for my daughter to be with relatives that day. So it would of been very hard to change all that. Plus the nurses assured me I wouldn't feel a thing! That they had gotten lipo the same way and that they didn't feel a thing.... Now I know they were just being salesmen....

Oh and by the way, if I had chosen to switch dates and paid extra, they would charge me a fee because I would of been re-scheduling in such short notice.... So it all pointed to me keeping it as it was.
It seems that you were lied to about his experience with the bbl. I'm so sorry. I really wish he would refund something to you, but by the way you explained your experience, it seems unlikely. If you want to and have the strength, filing a complaint with the BBB might keep some other person from falling victim to this same treatment, but I really hope he'll try and rectify this with you.
Oh yes I have the strength for that! I'm definitely filing a report with them! I really do believe he and his employees lied about his experience! I hope no one else has an appointment for a bbl with him.
Ok ,sounds good and good luck with everything again!
Good luck and remain stern
I'm going to go see him tomorrow. Been thinking all day what I'm going to say... I'll keep you all posted!
This is crazy cherryblossom, I have even gotten my bbl but if I am awake no thank you. thats not a minor surgery thats a big surgery. I am shocked that ur experience went that way. And always feel free to walk away because a Dr. should always be confident in there work like dr. jimerson with the money u spent u could got it with him and the results you were looking for. I am sorry to hear u had to go through this and spend the amount of money ur right he shouldve atleast gaven you something for the money u paid. Lays now we know if a doctor refuse to show pics then to me thats a red flag dont show me one show me many.
Have not* correction
That is absolutelyyyyyy crazy! This is NOT a "doctor." You should absolutely report him ASAP! This is my 2nd time as well trying to achieve my "booty". I am scheduled with Dr. Pazmino for august in Miami. I too, wanted Dr. Salama, but he is seriously booked until next year. My first doctor was extremely experienced with lipo, BUT NOT the fat transfer part. I was basically jerked out of my money, but that was 4500.00, which is around the price of just the lipo procedure. I was his 2nd *maybe even first* patient. I however, was put under completely. I felt NO pain whatsoever and I felt awesome literally the next day. It is unfortunate you had to experience something like that. You can inbox me if anything. Good Luck and don't take this situation lightly girl!