Zeltiq... Waiting to See Results and Feeling the Effects! - Chicago, IL

If you read my other post then you know I am...

If you read my other post then you know I am getting married in September, that is why I am trying to look my best. I decided on Zeltiq (cool sculpting) due to it being cheaper than lipo (by $2100 less to be exact) and the no downtime benefit of it.

I went into my doc's office last Thursday night after work to get my abdomen and muffin tops done. I arrived and waited about 15 minutes to be seeing. When the doctor greeted me she told me the procedure would last about 3 hours since I was getting three areas worked on, and told me I could talk on the phone or listen to my ipod while waiting. She then took pics and weighted me in and began the procedure.

She told me to lay on the bed and put a gel sheet on my stomach as we would begin with the larger piece. The gel sheet was very very cold but she said it was to protect the outer layer of the skin. Then she told me to get ready as she was going to use the large piece to suction off my belly so I prepared for it... HOLLY CRAP~! This is no joke, no little suction, i'm talking about some serious painful suction... It started as very bad menstrual cramps to the point were I teared and felt like I was going to pass out. The suction lasted a couple of minutes (but felt like ages) then she proceeded with the cooling... 10 minutes are going by and I am crying in pain and having a panic attack because of the pain, I told the doc I did not think I could get tru with it and to remove it asap! She told me she had it done too but it would get numb soon and I would not feel it anymore and to listen to my ipod to forget about it. I asked her to give me something for the pain (which she told me she could not) and to pass me my klonopin for anxiety before I died on the table. I took one with water and tried my best to stop myself from passing out with my ipod to the max volume. 30 minutes went by and finally I am numb, 45 go by and the pain is there but not as bad so I got sleepy and took a nap for the final 10.

She came in to remove the suction cup so I was happy it was over but dam! I was wrong, when she removed the piece, my skin was all raised about 4 inches away from my body, frozen and felt like a bag of frozen peas! Oh good God, why did I do this fully awake?? I should have spent the extra $ and be put out for lipo, too late now, oh well. She massaged my skin really hard to put it back in and ouuuuuch that hurt too.

She told me to go home because I had been thru so much with the abdomen and to come back the next day for my muffin tops. I thought about it for a second and told her "if I leave I probably wont come back so hook me up again and I'll literally suck it up".

She placed the gel on my right side first and used the smaller piece but this time the pain was very little compared to my abdomen so I did fall asleep for half the procedure, then did the left side without any issues.

Now its been 4 days and the treated areas are very numb and tingly at times but definitely bruised. My skin is sensitive to the touch but have been wearing spandex to keep them from touching my jeans/clothes. Also just today I started feeling some pinching in the areas but nothing major, I just cannot wait to see results.

Check out the pics right after the procedure. I will post more in the upcoming weeks.

So far I'm keeping my fingers crossed for worthy results because the pain was worse than anything else I've experienced before.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

It's been 6 days since I had the procedure done...

It's been 6 days since I had the procedure done and I'm in a lot of pain! ;( I knew I would experience sensitivity and tingling but what I am feeling so far is very intense pinching and needles. I got a few hours of sleep last night because of the pain. I took some tylenol but is not helping. Hope the pain goes away soon and does not get worse.

Im sorry to say- To those of us that have gone through the procedure, or furthermore were considering it- I find posts like this the least helpful. Is there not a moderator to edit content, or at least set up a base requirement for education? This procedure, is, in fact, not a breeze. However, when I read a post which has so many grammatical/language errors it makes the entire procedure seem distasteful (think low income individuals making a review on a 5 star molecular gastronomy establishment). This site needs moderation. I hope this post is not deleted because of unsavory content- because websites with user content is extremely important- but so is consistency. (just completed my Zeltiq procedure a matter of hours ago on the new device for the arms- genetically predisposed to larger arms per my nationality. Please note- whatever happens on the belly in regards to discomfort, is far worse on the arms)
Can you let us know how long the pain lasted after the procedure?
HI THERE,

Sounds like u had a difficult time w/the pain and all but I'm glad u stuck it out. Would u do a 2nd session if the results aren't to your liking? I went in to do the same areas as you (lower abdomen, and sides) so 3 sections in all. It's been 4.5 weeks so far and I don't notice anything astonishing so I was just wondering what your results have been. I'm contemplating going in for 2nd sessions on all areas and also my back. I'm not sure if I can deal w/the annoying sharp pains after the procedure.

P.S. I only paid $1950 total for all 3 areas. It's 750 for the first area then 600 for each additional. The place I went to was wonderful and they have such a great office! It's in Highland Park. Also they put me in this cute private room with a flat screen TV and tons of magazines and in a super high tech massage chair!! It def helped with disctracting me from the pain during the procedure.

The doctor was not upfront about the pain and after effects of the procedure. Also I had to reschedule my appointment because the doctor was going on vacation.