Amazing Experience So Far! - Chicago, IL

I am 43 years old and finally decided that this...

I am 43 years old and finally decided that this was the right time for me to go ahead with the breast lift I have wanted for years, but had not wanted the trauma or down time. Finally after years of ill-fitting bras and difficulty working out (running, boxing, Pilates) I went in for a consultation and was told my right breast was larger than my left, by more than the usual amount most women have. So I needed to have a slight reduction on the right as well as a lift for both. I was prepared for the worst- pain, scars, blood, downtime; and it was an absolute breeze. I had it done yesterday, I was not out of it, I was totally fine, and venture to say I could have gone to work that day. No pain, no grogginess, I was fine! The procedure went beautifully, the doc was wonderful, as was the staff at the surgical center. Today I thought "I'll feel it today" and I really did not. I felt it more, but not even to the point of uncomfortable. I iced, took my pain meds although I was not in pain, went in for the post op appt and was so pleased with the results already! Just a day later!

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

The whole process was flawless, professional, everything was explained in detail, and all questions answered quickly.

Wow, that's encouraging, thanks!
Hi, I would love to see pictures as well. I lost so far 40 lb, and hope to lose 10 more, and then I think I will need a lift without implants. I've met doctor Geldner once, very nice gentleman, did botox for me, I was pleased with work, but I think I don't need it as much.
Please post pictures. Thank you.
Everything is wonderful! Healing was no problem at all, and scars are significantly reduced already, no redness left at all. I will post pictures very soon. 3 weeks after the surgery back to running and boxing, and Pilates I could do after only a few days. I can even go without a bra! Not since 3rd grade have I been able to say that! Let me know what questions you have about anything at all, ok?
How are things now? Guess you've been over a month. I am a month away from mine.

I was glad to see your post, as most people posting here are having implants with their lift, I am not.

Hope you are well healed and happy.
I had a lift on both and slight reduction on the right, no implants. They look amazing already, Still very little pain, bruising came and went. One week ago today was my surgery, and the downtime was so brief I can't believe it. Stitches come out Monday, will post pictures then.

I do wish I had gotten 2 of the surgical bras, the original one got a few bloodstains I could not get out, and I did not account for the effect the anesthesia on my bowels. When they say it blocks you up, they were not kidding, I am still dealing with the effects. By far my stomach has been far more uncomfortable than my surgery area. Take precautions! I would have been on a soup and smoothie diet for the first week had I known, that would have helped.
did you have implants too or just the lift?

Wow, hooray for easy procedures! Thanks for posting your story here on RealSelf. Please keep us posted as you continue to heal.