Implants in and Good Service After the Sale. - Chicago, IL

I am a transgendered woman. Having been on...

I am a transgendered woman. Having been on hormones for a while I had a A/B cup before implants. They were ok. I didnt look "flat". However I wanted implants for psychological reasons (don't we all?) I wanted to feel more complete and attractive. So I went in to his office and I went LARGE. 600cc moderate (or mod + i don't remember) profile silicon under the muscle. I had one revision operation also with him. Finally they were removed for reasons of pain both physical and psychological. Which I blame on my choice of LARGE implants. He even offered to put new smaller implants in since I was so dissatisfied. They just felt so uncomfortable...probably because I went so big. Psychologically I had lots of self doubt, which pain didn't help. I needed the implants out. Why would I say that was worth it? I would say it's worth it because even now my breast are bigger than they were before. They could be more...perky.. but I can live with what I have now. Further they served their main purposes. To make me more attractive. Even after them the stretching they did has left me more busty than I was before. Would I go back to him? Yes. I have no regrets about this.

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

He is a caring, compassionate, and more than competent plastic surgeon. I would recommend him to my friends. Even as my own case was physically and psychologically complicated (as I am on the transgender spectrum). The picture you see next to my name is his work. if you are a born woman and he did that for me Immagine what he could do for you.

Let me put it this way. I was about a B cup before surgery. After getting them in I was a DD or DDD depending on the brand. Now I wear a 34D or 36C depending on the brand and comfort etc.

One other thing. I consulted with another surgeon a little while back. He said that the pain I was certain was mostly in my head was probably something called Hyperstesia. "increased sensitivity to stimulation, particularly to touch."

It's one of those things that everyone warns is possible with this procedure, no matter who does it, but almost never happens.

As it stands the way things worked out I am satisfied with the final results.
BTW your breast looked great did you go with silicone or saline... Silicone tended to be more comfortable and feels lighter. at-least in my experience's.... also feel more natural...
get this... they look 100cc's smaller than saline also.

Maybe going with a higher profile will give you the cleavage that you want at a lower CC.
What is you bra size now?
I'm glad that after all u have been thru, that in the end your happy :-) but I have to admit...your implants looked amazing, as well do your breast now..so I guess either way u won :-) good luck hun on everything and keep us posted!!!

Please let us know if you go ahead with another surgery. It's great to see you in the community here! Glad you're feeling better.

I will. Possibly autologus fat transfer although there it's a controversial procedure at best.

The size and discomfort I experienced with them was part of a number of issues I had at that time. My hormone prescription was probably too high (10 mg of estradiol and a ton of spironolactone anti androgen. I felt sick to my stomach much of the time.) All the pain served to magnify doubts I had about the whole thing. Those other medical issues were worked out the doubt went away too.
That seems pretty normal. NOW SHIRONOLACTONE makes allot of people feel "sick" if your on Shironolaction you are forced to drink allot of water.

Thanks for posting your story with us here on RealSelf! Would you consider going with a smaller implant some time in the future?