Female African American Rhinoplasty with Dr Monte Harris - Chevy Chase, MD

I am from the midwest area and I am traveling to...

I am from the midwest area and I am traveling to Chevy Chase, MD to have a primary rhinoplasty surgery with Dr. Monte Harris. I am excited about this procedure and want to receive advice from previous rhinoplasty patients. I also want to share my experience. I am 25 years old and I have my fathers nose. I am a true daddies girl. LOL.

The surgeons fee was $6500 plus $3000 for...

The surgeons fee was $6500 plus $3000 for operating room and anesthesia.

I am running a fever today. My eyes are swollen...

I am running a fever today. My eyes are swollen and my throat is dry

I went for my post op appointment and everything looks good. I have received several phone calls from the dr and nurse checking up on me.

The outcome is amazing. If your not satisfied with...

The outcome is amazing. If your not satisfied with your God given features and want to maximize your confidence go to Dr Harris. Im glad I took the time to find a doctor who understood my anatomy. He did not leave access scaring, and recommended I get a tailored skin regime to enhance my rhinoplasty. At his office I purchased several different highly concentrated products to help me with my dark spots caused by acne scarring to compliment my "remodeled" nose. I have breast implants and I will say the pain level was more intense in that surgery then my rhinoplasty.

Also after watching several youtube videos I had this heighten sense of anxiety;I worked myself up thinking I would be "down" for a whole month. NOT TRUE at all! Yes I swollen eyes for the first 3 days, and the pain level from 1-10 was a 5 , but I imagined this really scary experience and I will say it was more liberating than anything else.

Nose job

Dr Harris is the best....
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am choosing this provider because he is a skilled expert in African American rhinoplasty.

Email me strongwilled314@yahoo.com
would love to see pictures
pictures please~
I am from the Midwest also and I have between looking into Dr. Harris for years. I love his subtle results and think he is the best and most qualified surgeon for my needs. I think your nose looks amazing!
Hey - any updates?
I think it may be too soon to see your full results and so you shouldn't be discouraged. you still have a year to go...
Well today I saw my grandmother and she thinks my nose job was a waste of money. She said my profile was noticeable but for 10k was not worth the "small" changes. I'm going to post a link. I want your feedback.
Thanks for replying and will definitely post feedback once u post the links.Checking out Harris site he is very conservative and minimal with the changes he makes i can see.
One thing I've learned about the rhinoplasty process is keep calm toward your results. Dr Harris did an amazing job for ME. Surgery is very much dealing with the psyche vs physical attributes. Dr Harris did subtle changes but had he done major changes, for a primary rhinoplasty , it would have been tooooo frantic for the myself and the people who are used to seeing "me". He knows his ISh , I may do a second rhinoplasty in the future. Best to do in stages. It is YOUR face. You don't want to rush it, it will give u the Lil Kim/ Micheal Jackson complex. Your are mentally strong for that and Dr Harris knows how to control his passion. Another dr may give you a smaller nose and or what YOU ask for, but you can't reverse a nose job. Be careful of YES doctors. Just take my advice and only let Dr Harris touch your face. You will thank me later... I promise.
Hey ForeverYoung. Dr Harris, changed the entire shape of my nose excluding the nostrils. The bridge is changed dramatically, in a good way. My nose didnt have different levels to it. He did add a small implant in the bridge because I had a visible bone there. The tip is still really swollen. That should be better in about 3 months. And completely healed in one year.
So basically he only brought in your tip a bit...how about the bridge did he bring that in some as well?Also did he have to insert any type of implants or anything?From the shot you have shown it looks very natural which is definitely a major plus.As of now he is my top guy that im considering.
I'm not sure how you do the before/afters...i guess one way would be to post separate links for us to see the different shots...but again your nose looks very well done and the fact that you are not complaining of any discomfort is equally amazing.

Thatd great you sound happy with your results. You can try using an app to do before after pics. Do you have an apple computer or ipad or iphone?

Im trying to figure out how to do before/after pics, anybody know how to make that possible? He fixed my profile, I had a large nose for my face.My tip is smaller, and the overall size of it. He didnt do anything to my nostrils, but Im happy he did not, because I look like my self only better. But Im sure if you wanted your nostrils "brought" in a bit he would do that.
NO BLACK EYES EITHER, AMAZING!
Looks beautiful!!What issues did you have with your nose beforehand?What exactly did the Dr. correct?
Looks good bbnj
I changed my profile pic to my after results
Hearing your feedback puts me at ease a little and makes me really want to consider Harris for my surgery.Can't wait to see your before/after shots.Also how fragile will your nose be from this point on?
My results are wonderful. I still look like myself only better. My family was afraid I was going to come back with the "NeNe". My father, who is 79, and never gives detailed compliments told me it looks really good. A few more weeks and the healing should be minimized.

Thanks

Yes I am very happy with the results. I am still swollen and will post pics ASAP
Thanks sweetie.Hope the results are everything you had hoped for.
Hi - BBNJ, I am also excited for you. Hope everything went well and you achieved the results you went in for...

Hi - BBNJ, I am excited for you as well! Hope it all went well. :)