Six Months on from BR in UK - Cheshire, UK

It's a while since I last posted and now six...

It's a while since I last posted and now six months since I had my br. I went from 36g down to 36b which is what I wanted. Am in my sixties and my op has had a drastic effect on my life. Since my op I have started exercising properly by walking every day, yoga and light hand weight exercises. I eat lot more healthy too and since just before my op have lost nearly a stone and a half. I am now back to the weight I was when I was in my 20s and before I had my children. I fell as fit and as well as I did when I was in my 40s and intend to keep on with my new healthy lifestyle. I take a lot more pride now in my appearance and my confidence is sky high!

I have healed well and my scars are minimal and my shape is good. However, in spite of having an excellent surgeon, I did suffer one of the rare complications associated with this type of surgery. I lost my nipple and areola on my left breast following a bleed (I was taken straight back into theatre) and after had a small transfusion. I now have affair amount of hard tissue in the breast which is not painful but I am aware it is there, if you know what I mean. I go back to see my ps in April but am not having any more surgery and am happy to live with things as they are. Will probably ask my ps to do a surgical tattoo so my left breast matches the right.

The aftercare I received from my ps and his team has been second to none. No expense was spared with special dressings etc and I have no regrets in my choice of surgeon or hospital. I went into this journey knowing the risks involved and have maintained a positive outlook throughout. May be if I was a lot younger it may have bothered me more, but heyho! these things happen and one has to make the best of things.
Dr R Johnson

Had my first consult a couple of months before my op. Risks explained and photos shown. Measurements were taken and an explanation of how the op would be performed given. I was told to go away and think about it and if I wanted I could go back and see him again. Over the next few months I saw my ps regularly. He was always courteous, friendly but never familiar and I like to think we have become friends. A lovely man.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us.  Sorry to hear about the complications, but glad you are now doing well and loving the results.

If you end up doing the surgical tattoo I would love to hear about that experience.
Hi I am 63. I am 3 months 1week post. I was DDD and am a c. It is worth it. Did u have FNG? I chose my ps because she prefers the coil method. I am praying that want happen but like u if it did. It's ok. I must say it took me 3 months to get out of pain in left breast. Still not sure she didn't snip a nerve. But 6 days now I feel so much better. Seems like I cried on this site a lot. They are so caring. My scars are still dark pink using bio oil. Did u use mederma? I am glad you are doing good.
Hi there. No I didn't have FNG. My ps used the 'anchor' cut and apart from the nac complication I healed well. My scars are quite feint now. I used a combination of bio oil and palmers scar lotion. I shouldn't worry too much that you are still feeling a little sore. I still have the odd twinge at 6 months post op. I had 750 gr taken from each breast which is quite a big reduction and being 65 when I had my op I suppose the risks must increase with the size of reduction and the age factor. I made a lot of trips to see my ps in the early months for treatment and I don't think he will have made a lot of profit out of me lol. It is so important to choose the right surgeon and hospital for the procedure, because the after care is so important if things don't go quite to plan.