At-home 50% Chemical Peel Did Not Turn Back my Skin Tone

I have done a self chemical peel of a TCA of 50%...

I have done a self chemical peel of a TCA of 50% about 5 days ago some parts is peeling but is very slow also iam dark skin Latin person so am worry about the thing I have read about using chemical peel.the part of skin that has been peel did not turn in to my skin tone is still look like a bright pink fleshy tone am worry about having discolored and uneven skin when I heal.am dark skin but not to dark more light brown dark olive. Color what can I do to stop this any help please

Is there anybody that is in to this mess plz help. Hi i just did a at home chemical peel about 5 days ago, with a TCA of 50% that i diluted with water. Well it been a week now and it taking long to heal ,not only that but the skin that has been peel did not turn to my skin color is more of a pink fleshy tone am worry since i am a dark skin Latino not to dark more like a dark olive color or light brown

It take time and money not only that is hurt like hell it just not worth doing it there better and faster that give the same thing

please tell me what hapened to your skin after that ? I am a dark person and wants to perform a peel. Pls help me with your valuable suggestions. navjithjithu@gmail.com
50% is WAY too strong to use on your face for peeling. I would have suggested starting with 20% and seeing how that went. 50% is what you might use for permenant tattooed lipliner BUT NEVER for facial peeling...way too strong!
Well, everyone is exaggerating. Believe me, if u didnt peel of the skin, it will surely turn back to ur normal skin colour. When a black persoon got a wound it's always pink, it doesnt turn brown so fast. Just be patient. In two - three weeks time, you should have back your normal colour or darker (if u peeled your skin).
Sure you need to look after yourself but I think in time you'l improve. What ever you used the peel for would have worked though bet you got baby smooth skin now. Just wear makeup when it's healed & it wont be so bad. Just scary now. Im white but had pigmentation for years due to much sun. I bought a peel to & thought I'll get the strongest as Ive been using 70% glycolic & nothing happens no peeling not even 1 fine layer I'm like, nothing but the strongest will burn this skin. Any way I might start lower but than that now but I do want it to burn or there is no peeling and no effect. It's the healing afterwards that counts.
IT WAS WRONG FOR THEM TO SELL YOU THIS PEEL. ITS SHOULD ONLY BE DONE WITH HANDS TO A PROFESSIONAL ! IT'S (NOT) WORTH SAVING MONEY. I THINK YOU MADE IT WORSE RIGHT? A MISTAKE! BUT WE LIVE AND LEARN. I MADE A MISTAKE LIKE THAT ONCE TO SAVE MONEY. I TRIED TO TORCH OFF A WRINKLE UNDER MY EYE. WELL THANK GOD IT WORKED IT WAS SCABBED UP AFTER. I DID IT TO SAVE MONEY. I DON'T THINK I WILL EVER TRY IT AGAIN BUT IT DID WORK. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!!! I JUST GOT LUCKY.
i hope it gos ok for you think back if you badly grazed yr skin how did it heal and colour. just look after it now you cant tell yet it will peel few times so your skin healed so use (Aveeno cream with Colloidal Oatmeal ] to carm itching and helps with redness you will see each day redness going,to wash in use just water and try (VASELINE Cocoa Radiant oil } ,use for bed to. and you can use Zinc and caster Oil just plastor it on and drink lots of water but its funny your body will know what you need to heal its self and please try not to worry just heal your self then you will see better let me know how you get on xx big huge get lots off sleep }
You are recommending a lot of very heavy greasy products that smother the skin. Chemically treated skin, if done correctly, should result in a burn to the level of a 1st degree sunburn, which is redness, not blistering which is a 2nd degree burn, or charring which is at a 3rd degree level of burn. So after you use TCA, treat it as a burn and use sunburn treatments for the first couple days or so. Do not use abrasive & exfoliating products...use Emu Oil or Hyaluronic cream or other high quality moisturizer after burn is healed. If you have Asian, Black or other dark skin, you must treat less aggressively or you could discolor or scar your skin...start with 20-25% TCA, test it in an conspicuousness area near the area of skin you wish to treat and wait a couple days for your response. 50% is WAY TOO HIGH/STRENGTH of concentration, especially when peeling your face!!

please answer me what happened with your face I have a similar problem, thanks, my e-mail *************@t-online.hu

I burned my skin like that while doing a TCA peel 30%. It healed in a month and Im a medium complexion African American
I am also medium-dark African American complexion and have done a 25% TCA peel at home 4 days ago and have had the same pink results, If I had seen this page I wouldn't have done such a high peel as I was scared the colour would not come back. I went to the hospital yesterday and they have reassured me the colour will come back because the tca did not penetrate too deep into my layers but I was lucky! They did tell me that they are not sure if my colour will be the same. Fingers crossed
Would you like some Brenese Facial cream to get rid of the scars? It will definetly heall your skin back normal.
TCA peels are readily available online in concentrations up to 50%. There are warnings however that you must build up to higher concentrations. I was thinking of trying the 15% TCA. I have never tried a peel before so is this safe? I noticed there are also other options such as glycolic peels. I am 34 and suffer from adult acne which I suspect is hormonal considering i get it mainly on my chin. I also suffer from melasma which I believe was caused by birth control pills. It was getting worse all the time. I have not taken any form of birth control for nearly a year and although it has faded it is still quite prominent. Thats why I'm looking into chemical peels. I realise the pigmentation could be exasperated if treated incorrectly so any advice would be greatly appreciated as I cannot afford to have it professionally treated.
i used TCA peels 25% first time it work good little burn on forehead but i did it and saturday 2 nd and thursday 7th to day and im all healed ) best use a brush fan one be by sink when you do it , the part you start with watch for the frosting once it start wash that bit off if it stays on it will brun you on that bit and parts of your face will reacted diffrent so best use your eye and watch it , that next day you will peel by like a snake think like kitchen roll your best using Zinc and Caster OIL put on think, wet face often pat dry it will make you feel better next day or so your feel you want to rip it off to let your skin breath its all part of it But dont pull at it your not fair off now ,you will peel few more time in a day each layer getting thiner. now use Aveeno Cream with Colloidal Oatmeal it will help reduct your redness and help with the itching that good sign of healing and try using Vaseline Cocoa Radiant oil good to wash face with and use at night, drink lots of water and sleep when you need to its your body trying to fix it self and you will be ok and yes you well feel sorry for your self and put some cold wet cloths on your face with out oil or cream and put your head down it will feel nice remember put cream or oil on and rinse face few time good look x
thinking about your acne i had it bad on my back after i had my baby i was 23 then i seen my doctor he give me something in a small bottle you roll it on ,doctor said try not to get it on other skin for it will burn it by you could ask your doctor about it they will listen to you and will do the best to help you just say how you feel and what you want and he will say what you can try
queesamor14,

You should never have done this to begin with. Even doctors have to be extra careful doing chemical peals on pigmented skin.
Please let me know if you are interested to try a cream to try to get rid of the scars and the redness.

I will send a sample for you to see if it helps.
what kind of cream is it. I burnt my legs with 50% tca. It's been 3 weeks going 4. Some still red, raw skin. Hurts really bad. I've been using butt's paste, aquaphor, neosporin, aloe vera. I am worried about ended up with scars.
Seeing this happen to someone makes me physically ill. Whoever sold this should be sued in court and if possible, imprisoned. It is AMAZING how far people will go to make money.

TCA at any concentration should NOT be available to the general public (not even 10% TCA). It can damage your skin and ruin your life and skin forever.

DO NOT
Do not do chemical peels at home. At any concentration. Things can and do go wrong. You need the expertise of a trained physician. Doing so and you are playing with fire.

I agree with you that whoever sold her the product is to blame. However, one is also as much to blame when he/she has heard of the dangers of a high concentration peel without doctors supervision or approval, especially tca that is not even recommended on darker skin types. She should have researched it, (a simple google would have sufficed). Even better, right before purchasing it, she should have posted her pic and asked if a home 50% tca peel would be good for her. I am sure she would have got responses telling her not to even think about it and suggesting other things to try. Plus, I am very sure the instructions recommended a spot test, she could have at least done this and just had a small area to worry about. So, in my opinion both parties are to blame, more so the consumer in this instance because educating yourself in this day and age is crucial given so many people just want your money.

i think she feel very low right now without you all going on what should of happened right now she needs to heal and surport from you all to stop her getting to low so try getting her back up and then looking at thing she can do and doctor who can help her were she want need tp pay she can talk to her doctor say how she feels so on and he will help but she cant hold back she will need to say ,so please try and think how they are feeling (HOW WOULD YOU FEEL )
Thats silly. Of course you can do chemical peels at home. But what peel you do is what matters,. What is the ph of the peel youre using. If you have 30% glycolic and its buffered to have a ph of 3.0 its nothing. However messing around with tca is a big gamble. You cannot control it. Once you put it on it does its business until it neutralizes itself.,some areas will go deepere the others. You dont know what youre doing and you end up burned. Even a doctors dont normally do 50% tca. People are nuts.
I am a Medical Esthetician and I work for a Plastic Surgeon, I do many chemical peels and specialize in treating dark skin. Unfortunately, you have just done severe damage to your skin that you may not be able to correct. You need to see a dermatologist immediately. The sooner you get professional care the better, this isn't optional at this point. You will probably have some hyperpigmentation (dark areas), that can be corrected. I am concerned that you may have peeled deep enough to cause hypopigmentation (loss of pigment), that can't be corrected. For Now: Do not pick at skin, treat it as if you are trying to keep skin on. If you remove skin prematurely you will do more damage. It should take at least 14 days to peel off, NOT SOONER!!!!! Use a topical hydrocortisone and a gently moisturizer 4 times a day. Cleanse with Cetaphil AM/PM , you can use Aquaphore to spot treat areas of cracking. Get Domboro at the drug store, it is powder in a packet, mix each pack with 1 cup cool water, use gauze pads to dip in solution and gently press on skin for few minutes, do this 2x a day and then apply hydrocortizone. You will not be able to use sunblock for a while, so stay out of sun. You can get everything I mentioned above at the drug store. Do not let water run directly in your face when you shower, the skin should not get soggy or to dry, keep it moist. You may need an occlusive like Aquaphore on areas that have peeled, but can't say without seeing you, so go to a derm ASAP. The Problem: You should have never done a peel on yourself, where did you get a 50% TCA? The strongest that should ever be used is about 35%, and that is what a plastic surgeon would use. A 50% TCA is NEVER recommended. You don't dilute TCA with water, infact you don't dilute it at all. An Obagi Blue Peel is done with a 30% TCA mixed with a blue base that acts as a "buffer", meaning it slows it down so that the person performing the peel can look for signs of "end points" and stop before it peels to deeply. Dark skin is at more risk for complications from TCA peels, I recommend that patients precondition skin for at least 2 months with Hydroquinone 4% and Tretinoin 1% (Retin-A) before having a TCA peel. After Peel. When skin has finished peeling 14 days or more, you should use a 4% Hydroquinone, Tretinoin, and a very protective Sunblock. All available from a physician. You need to be very compliant and do everything your doctor recommends, even if you hate it. If you don't your skin will be damaged. Look for a doctor that does TCA peels, if they do Obagi blue peels they should be able to help you, just be sure it's someone reputable, you are not in a position to bargain shop at this point. Bring the TCA product used with you to the doctor, it will help them treat you. Hope this helps. TCA shouldn't be available to any one other than medical professionals. I am sorry this happened to you, I wish I had better news. Good luck.

this was a very helpful comment.  thank you

Hi I hope your still about after 2years I done a act peel 3 weeks ago and I am left with brown patches on my skin I am white and 60years old will this go in time? Many Thanks Dot

I have done peels too and I am told that brown patches can be caused by being in the sun while your still healing or if you peel the skin off when it is shedding. Your suppose to keep Vaseline on your skin while its peeling and do not help the peeling by picking at it. If the skin comes off before it is ready it can lead to brown spots. You may be able to get rid of them with another peel. If you feel unsure, go to a Medical Esthetician first.