Rhinoplasty/septoplasty/turbinates and FESS with Dr Shahidi - Chatswood, AU

Can't believe I'm doing this!! Surgery is booked...

Can't believe I'm doing this!! Surgery is booked on the 5th of December with Dr Shahidi!

So I have always hated the projection of my nose, ,y nose isnt terrible but I am very petite and small and I always felt (even family) that my nose was terribly big for my face. I swear it even makes me seem more serious looking. What motivated me to finally doing this is an injury actually. I had trauma to my face where my septum got slightly bent out if place causing terrible sinunitis infections.

I saw an ENT in Norwest ENT first and saw DR Roth. I found his attitude terrible and very incompetent. He even tried telling me I didn't have a deviated septum. So I looked up Sme more surgeons and found Dr Shahidi, he showed me with a camera where the deviation was and how my nose was almost completely blocked. He was very professional and honest. His receptionist Raleigh, was also ver pleasant and welcoming, every time I speak to her she is like catching up with a friend. She is so sweet.

I wanted to go ahead with Dr Shahidi because he specialises in nose surgery and seemed to have a very good reputation. I have seen a few reviews online that say he is great. I don't think I could do this if I wasn't confident in my surgeon.

I'm soo freaking scared about going to have surgery. I have never had a broken bone, been seriously ill or needed surgery. So I'm freaking out a lot. I plan on eating very well ( I'm a health nut) so green smoothies before surgery to help my body cope with it all. I'm going to be a neck pillow, paw paw ointment and easy to eat foods like soup for post surgery. Arnica tablets or cream too.

Here is a modified image I redid for dr shahidi, I'm after a curvy refined nose that will fit with my small frame.

Nose that I love

Supplies

Ok so it's the day before surgery and I'm pretty nervous. I keep freaking that I haven't communicated what I want and that I won't like it. I'm also really worried about it being too short and the space between my nose and top lip will be too long? This would be my most major concern. The list of things I have purchased to help post surgery are arnica tablets, ice packs, neck pillow, biotene mouth wash and pain killers.

Wish me luck!

Day 4 been a tough ride

Hi everyone, just updating you all. Recovery has been really tough. I've been vomiting, hot and cold chills and the inflammation has been terrible. I'm finally feeling better today. Feeling human. I'll give a better update soon.

Feeling much better

Hi everyone feeling much better now, moving around eating and drinking. I have been having baths so I at least feel clean but cannot wait to wash my hair. Cast comes off in three days! Yay! What is annoying for me at the moment is my teeth, that are achy and itchy, and very very annoying. Also I'm not sleeping as elevated now as it was aggregating my neck injury and giving me cerebral headaches. I'm not bleeding anymore so feel that it should be ok to sleep abit more flat now.

Panadeine

Also I had a huge problem with heavy pain killers. I haven't been taking them because I was feeling so sedated to the point where I could not breathe, like my breathing was laboured. Did anyone else have this problem? I normally don't take heavy pain killers

Cast is off!! ????????

Cast came off today and had splints removed, didn't hurt at all was a relief actually. The cast did stick to my skin alittle which twinged at my bruises but it was completely fine. All in all I am soo happy with my nose! It's exactly how I wanted it! Unbelievable! Just made the past week so worth it. I was so worried that my nose would turn out too straight or something hideous. Dr Shahidi is truly talented! All I have to do now is wash the gel packing out, I am half way breathing through my nose and it feels so good!

More photos

2 weeks

It's been 2 weeks! And you know what, it feels like it's been ages since I had surgery. I feel so normal it's kind of strange! I can breathe normally now as the gel packing has slowly come out each day. Now I normally have some drainage happening during the night and feel everything sitting behind my nostril in the morning so I go clean it out with warm water and then presto I can breathe :) how I can breathe is hard to describe I can definitely breathe so much better, it's not to far off how I could breathe before but seems like more is getting in and feels like I've had a fresh mint or something as the air feels cool and fresh.

I'm not how my nose will end up looking, I think it's quite deceptive. Some days it look alittle bulbous some days it's pointy some days curved and some days I freak out going oh know it's too straight! I really hope it's just swelling because I like the curved look.

Taking photos is amazing! For the first time I don't mind taking selfies and can finally enjoy taking pictures with my family. Before I would always be paranoid about whether it was a good angle haha and now I seem to look good from any angle! Everyone says they can barely tell I've had a nose job which is good as it's looks very subtle and natural on my face. Soo happy I did this. I've been worried about my tip dropping as I heard it does this over time and I quite like the upturned look so I have been taping it up over night. Is this ok? I have my 2 week appointment on Friday so I'll update then.

2 week appointment

Ok so normally I wouldn't be seen until a month after my 1 week but because Christmas is coming Dr Shahidi wanted to see me before the break and make sure everything was progressing well.

When he saw me he was absolutely amazed at how well I looked for someone just having surgery and how quickly I am recovering. He told me that the skin will continue to shrink and the nose will become alittle more refined.

He also advised me to tape my nose up so the tip does not drop. I was doing this anyway every night so I'm glad about that. I need to do this every night for a month to 3 months.

1 month

I am so happy with my nose! I have had such positive comments from people about how natural and fitting it is to my face.

I am sneezing soo much and every time I do my nose starts running. Sense of smell is there but not strong. I have to really try to smell something eg cooking food. My nose is completely clear though. The swelling is minimal but it does swell on occasion and sometime it throbs at the tip. And I get really itchy where my stitches are healing. Also still slightly numb at the tip. Still hurts like hell when I bump it.

My nose is soo oily! It's terrible! There's so much my nose feels slimy. Im pretty sure it's from taping it and where the cast at night. I'm hoping in don't have to keep it up much longer. So sick of the 'tape my nose up before bed' routine.

*update*

Here's some more pics. My nose is still sore if it gets bumped but swelling has gone down a lot more and there is still swelling that I can feel. My nose isn't so numb either.

6 month post

Hi guys, so I'm just coming up to the 6 month mark. Dr Shahidi have me the all clear, no injections needed. My recovery has been a pretty smooth process. I still feel swelling in the morning along the bridge and tip but that's it. My nose no longer feels stiff and I have not had any infections or sinus issues at all since. It shows the FESS procedure I had
Done has really helped.

I also have so much more confidence in myself with the way I look. I just can't believe how out of balance my face was before and im so happy I went through with this!
Sydney Facial Plastic Surgeon

So far he has been polite and informative. I have confidence in his ability and skill to do a great job.

I absolutely ADORE your nose ! It suits your face perfectly :) so glad you're happy with it all ! I had my first consultation with DR Shahidi yesterday & i left feeling so confident with my choice :) I was just wondering how long the bruising lasted on your face ? I have fair skin like you & i'm worried it will stick around for a while. Also do you have any tips from how to look after yourself post surgery ? What did you put in your green smooties ?
I really enjoyed your review and pics. All I can say is Wow, your doctor gave you the nose of your dreams! It looks exactly like your "wish" pic. So cool. Very happy for you! You were pretty before, and now you look even more beautiful. Congrats!
Looks gorgeous! So natural and fits you perfectly. Congrats and hope it continues to heal well!!
Your nose looks amazing!! I just had surgery on a week and half ago by Dr Shahidi. I got my cast removed on Monday that just passed. I was so happy with it!! I was told i still have gel packs in my nose that will dissolve with the flushing. It's the thirs day of flushing and I havn't seen any gel residue or clumps of it flush out yet. I am flushing my nose heaps because I want to be able to breathe really soon and taste food. Is it a slow process? And were you able to breathe after a week of flushing? I asked the girls at dr shahidis office and they said just keep flushing my nose and it should take a week until i can breathe. Any information would be so good!!
Ah yes just think of jelly stuck up your nose. It's quite stubborn. Didn't come out straight away for me. But found warm water helped, I think I could breathe by the 2 week mark? Do you have a review up! Would love to see your nose!
Thanks for your reply! I guess will start using much warmer water when flushing. It is very stubborn! Was that 2 weeks post op you could breathe or 2 weeks from cast removal that you could breathe? I have been flushing my nose ALOT during the day hoping it will come out. I just want to breathe! I don't have a review up yet. I can send you photos of my nose. It has changed SO much. Dr Shahidi is amazing!
Yeah it was about 2 weeks post op but my recovery was pretty quick, dr Shahidi was quite amazed. I wasn't afraid to try and softly blow the gunk out too have flushing it
Your lucky you had a quick recovery! My gel pack came out of mt right nostril yesterday. It was disgusting! I blowed my nose and it just came out. It was amazing to breathe again. I was so happy. I just have to get the left pack out now. Hey in your review you said you started taping your tip of your nose up. Dr. Shahidi said he will show me how to do this when i see him in a month. How do you tape the tip up? I just thought i might start doing it now too.
He told me to do like an upside down 'V' on the bridge then put 3 short tapes over the bridge. You then have to put tape under your tip horizontally to tape up. If that makes sense
I had a quick recovery but I reacted bad to anesthesia. I was terrible right after surgery and couldn't move or function for 3 days.
Amazing result! You must be thrilled!
Awesome!
So beautiful
Yay! You look gorgeous! Congratulations x
Thanks Kinnie x
Your nose is beautiful. I hope my results are like yours.
Oh thank you x
You look amazing :)
Oh thank you!
Your nose suits you sooo much! Looks fantastic. The photo you posted of the potential nose you'd like (girl with the black hair in a pony tail) did you show dr shahidi the photo and did he say it was achievable ? Did it turn out as you wanted it to like the picture? Also who is that is the picture? I love that nose too and want to find more pics of her! Thank you for sharing your story :)
Hi Zed I actually didn't show him that picture but I had shown him previously picture that were pretty much the same. To be honest my nose isn't as curved and upturned as I had envisioned but it was what could be done with my bone structure and it does suit me perfectly. However in saying that my nose is still very swollen so it will still refine so it is pretty close to as what I did want. Shahidi was very genuine and knew that I wanted a cuter more refined nose and I didn't even have to say anything about achieving a natural look. He told me himself that he wouldn't give me a fake ski slope nose.
And sorry ic cant ant remember who the woman is she is some celebrity that was discussed on this site. No one I had heard of before though
her name is Jennifer Stano