Smart Lipo on Hip Rolls, Stomach, Buttocks, Circum Thighs and Knees - Charlotte, NC

I just had my surgery Feb 15, 2013. I am 2 weeks...

I just had my surgery Feb 15, 2013. I am 2 weeks out. I feel good but really sore! Dr. Kortesis and his staff was awesome. They removed 15 pds of fat! I have always been concerned about my weight. I was up and down on my weight through diet and exercise. Reading Realself help to insure me that I wanted to do this. I can see results already after 1 week. There have been a few things challenging like my drive. I live over 3.5 hrs aways and getting back and forth to appointments has been challenging and tiresome. Longer recovery time than I expected. I was thinking that I would be up and running in just a few days. But I do realize I had major surgery (6.5 hours in surgery) and the recovery will just take longer. I am super excited about my future end results. I was also overwhelmed by the cost but the results that I am getting and will get will be worth every penny:) Very glad I did it! I look forward in sharing my future results.

Its been 2 months today. My skin and soreness is...

its been 2 months today. My skin and soreness is feeling a lot better. Not really sore anymore. If i go for long periods of time (3-4 hours) without my garment on, my back and stomach start to ache. I haven't seen any change since a couple weeks after my surgery. I have lost down one size. Although my doctor says that I will be loosing more inches and weight over the next few months, I feel that I have reached my plateau. Hopefully I will loose more:) Still very happy I did this, I just hope I do loose more.

3 month update

so May 15 was my 3 month anniversay since my lipo. I don't feel as excited as I did earlier. I feel that I was smaller the first several weeks out of my surgery than what I am now. My co worker even said something to me about looking different. Before surgery i was a size 14, after surgery I had almost dropped down to a size 10. Now my 14's are a little loose and I can wear SOME 12's. I know my doctor said that my fluid would change from time to time but.... I went from feeling WOW to Okay, I am a little smaller. They took 15 pds but I have only lost 2 pds. Maybe over the next 3 months will be a good change for me.

7 months post surgery

So I am 7 months out and my opinion on my surgery has changed a bit. First of all, I was extremely disappointed when I went for my 3 month follow up and Dr. K was not there to meet with me. I had to some questions and concerns but I had to meet with another doctor who I had never met before. Dr. K was out at a dentist appt. I wish I would have gotten a call so I could have resceduled. Now, present time....I never lost my 15pds that was taken off of me, I actually weigh the same. When I first took my garment off I went from a size 14 to almost a 10. Now I am back at the 14. Size 12 will fit but a little tight. I have exercised and diet on and off but haven't seen any results. Did alot of jogging and walking for about 2 months and really no results. I know I look better than I did before but by no means do I think my results are worth 15k!!! I know I do not look as good as I did when I first came out of surgery. My stomach and legs are not as small and tight and I know that it's not because I am pigging out eating. I am eating better, not great, but better. I would say I am disappointed of my outcome for the money that I paid.
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

internet and realself

You look amazing! It's just simple psychology, now you are looking at tiny imperfections which you would not have noticed prior to the surgery. Trust me you look hot!
thank you so much!!
Look at your after pic and you before pics, there is an amazing difference! You never lose the weight that they took out, it weighs differently in the form it is removed than how you carry it on your body. With all my procedures (5) I have probably had around 40#s removed from fat and skin and it does not and will not show on the scale. It takes a year to know where you really are but it is so much easier to gain weight in the areas that were not treated, or at least that is my experience. I really have to watch my diet/exercise or I feel bloated. Did you take measurements? Because your before and after pictures are proof that you look amazing!!!
I wish I had taken measurements!! My husband wasn't too happy I got the surgery so I didn't do much on pre opp. I just feel so bloated all the time and my clothes are starting to feel snugger:( How are things with you? You loving your latest look:)
Yes! I do love me latest surgeries! Thanks for asking!
The same has happened to me. I went from a 10 down to a 6 but when I finally was able to stop wearing the garment , I've jumped back to a 10. I never lost any weight I even gained a few lbs. I dont like my results at all.
so how have things been going? I updated my 7 month post. Not too happy, back in a 14 now. They are loose but not what I expected!! Stomach and legs are starting to get bigger now:(
I have absolutely horrible results. I am wearing a size 12 which is bigger than what I was before liposuction. My body still hurts so bad from what I've done. They say that the fat doesn't come back, but that's not true. I look terrible. I would never ever recommend this to anyone. I flushed $7 K down the drain only to have looked slimmer for about 2 months.
I am so sorry to hear that happen to you. I do think that I look better than before most defintely. I need to post my doctor's pre and post opp pics. But I am still discourage:(
Love your new after pics! You look great girl! AWESOME! Just look at the difference in the stomach and the hips! You will continue to have a more contoured body for months on end.....
thank you!!! I am very happy!
This is titled SMART LIPO on review heading?? Just want to be sure. Thanks
I did have smart lipo but they did do some regular lipo with it to get maximum results.
WOW that's great!! My SL procedure only removed 600cc of fat from 3 areas, inner thighs, inner knees AND lower abdomen, like not even a full cup milk LOL!! Then again I AM only 145 lbs with a few stubborn areas of fat that is the purpose of SL. The swelling actually made me GAIN weight until it resolved. You must of had traditional lipo as SL does not promote weight loss, nor is it used a weight loss alternative/solution. Is this is a SL review or traditional lipo? I am thinking for the $$ paid you were truly operated on with a general anesthesia and maybe some skin removal? Or I and many others had the wrong Dr's . Consider yourself truly fortunate to have such an amazing Atypical result from a Smart Lipo procedure. What was your pre-procedure weight that the Dr allowed you to lose so much weight through procedural means? I would love to be 130lbs after a procedure!! I would book the flight for that SMART LIPO Dr!! Congratulations on the best SL review I have ever seen since I have been watching, starting 2008!! My Dr would of turned me away had I been over 145 lbs to first lose the weight via traditional exercise and diet as he only wants patients that are an ideal body weight that has been MAINTAINED for a period of time. Good for you soooo jealous!! Feeling absolutely cheated by my SL procedure that just "contoured" a few small areas:(
It was a combo of smart lipo and reg lipo. My doctor was extremely aggressive. I didn't have any skin removal. I was put to sleep and I was in surgery for 6.5 hours! He explained to me to achieve the ultimate fat removal the smart lipo needed to be done with reg lipo. Now, I when I scheduled the consultation it was for smart lipo and they did do smart lipo. My doctor is awesome. I had reg lipo 12 years ago and I actually gained weight from it! My pre procedure weight was 176. I haven't weighed yet b/c I am still extremely swollen but I am down almost 2 pant sizes:)
Okay, so I am in my 4th week. Going this week to get my endomologie session. Little nervous b/c I am still REALLY sore and some areas like my bottom back is extremley sore. I am still excited about the way I look and I feel younger. I am just inpatient about feeling good. Some days I feel smaller but this weekend I didn't feel as small as I did a week ago. I think it might be b/c I am more active now and I might be swelling a little more.
Thanks for putting up the before & afer photos... I go in for mine tomorrow... So you know the anticipation and the personal conflict I'm going thru right now!!! But I keep thinking about the results... and how much happier I'll be in a couple of months! =) Congrats and happy healing!
I am so happy for you! I feel so confident right now! This weekend I wore some leggins and my husband said "you are going to wear those outside of the house?" (I never felt comfortable in wearing them in public) and I said " heck ya, I am skinny now LOL!!" Keep your head up. I am going ito the 4th week and I am still really sore! But so worth it!
Let me know how it goes with your surgery!! Were are you getting it done at?
I got my surgery done at Sono Bello in Woburn, MA. The outpatient care has been excellent! Right now I'm sore, but about 12 hours after surgery I was up and walking around. I didn't have any real pain, i'm just really sore. =)
Congrats!! I know you will be happy with the result. Hang in there and keep me posted!
How did things turn out? Are you happy with the results? I had mine two,weeks ago and am having mixed emotions...some days are better than others. Please share your experience
You look amazing!
thanks you!
Just wondering how you are doing a few months later? Do you notice it is hard to keep weight off or keep the results? Ive heard some people complain that the weight goes elsewhere? Thanks