Phenomenal Rhinoplasty Results and Wonderful Overall Experience, Zero Regrets - Charlotte, NC

I couldn’t be happier. I received exactly the...

I couldn’t be happier. I received exactly the natural-looking modification we jointly felt achievable. (Profile picture attached). With zero bruising - and most swelling down by the 3 week point - it just doesn’t get much better than that if you’ve done your homework on the complexities of nasal surgery.

I will say that I followed the pre-op and post-op instructions to the “T” which I believe heavily contributed to my smooth recovery time.

Feel free to post questions below for me.

You got great results! Thank you so much for sharing your photos and experience on RealSelf. Do you have recovery tips for others about to embark on a similar journey?

I sure do! -First and foremost read all the literature you can online and primarily your surgeons' documentation. I was blessed to have been given a packet that covered everything from A-Z @ Dr. Kulbersh's office. For example it didn't just say to avoid certain meds or supplements before/after surgery, it went into detail as to why (such as an herb that would thicken mucous) -Learn to love sleeping upright -Start to crave fresh pineapple -Your new best friend is Arnica -Set alarm clocks to change ice out the first couple of days, don't' go by the 'when you remember' method -Ask for an extra few days of post-surgery antibiotics just to be safe -Don't assume you'll need the narcotic pain meds. I didn't take any, so my tip is to just keep them handy and don't take proactively to start with as you'll then assume you need to keep taking them (which some folks might). I also have some tips at covering the redness around the scar area after about a weeks if you've had open surgery. Colorscience makes a great skin smoother that has a tint to it (for women and for men). The men's is called Metro Minerals but I'm sure anything similar would help cover and heal. At about the 10 day point I also went to Sephora and asked for their tips on the smallest brush and the best powder match on my skin tone (and just lightly applied after the mineral smoother) and ta-da, no signs of surgery or what would look like an itchy/irritated area.

Great tips, thank you!

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

I’ll never forget the excitement on his face the day of surgery - he absolutely loves what he does! I’m forever grateful our paths crossed. I was referred specifically for his advanced filler injection techniques using a cannula to minimize bruising and swelling. Dr. Kulbersh simply has the right combination of youth and experience. He is passionate, yet reserved. Opinionated, yet a refined listener. Realistic, yet results-oriented.