27 Year Old, 5'4" Female, 120 Lbs - Charlotte, NC

I am a 27 year old mother of one. My daughter was...

I am a 27 year old mother of one. My daughter was born in August of 2010. I have fluctuated in weight throughout my life, but never more than about a 15 lb variance. During my pregnancy, I got up to 180 lbs. I have lost all this fairly quickly and and now almost the same size I was in high school.

I am currently around 120 lbs (really about 117 lbs to 120 lbs seems to be the norm these days). Even at this weight, and with a BMI of 20.4, I still have a good deal of fat around the mid-section. This, I'm sure, is a hereditary trait I inherited from mother.

I am having liposculpture done in conjunction with a breast augmentation on March 22, 2011. I also want to specify that the cost of $2,800.00 is low in comparison with the standard cost of the procedure, but my plastic surgeon is discounting the fees since I had already been scheduled for a breast augmentation on the same day. This should NOT be the price that people should expect to pay from a qualified board certified plastic surgeon. Had I not been getting a multi-procedure discount, the fee for the liposculpture alone would have been between $5,000.00 and $6,000.00. And just an fyi, but the cost of the combined procedures is $8,600.00.

I am going on March 10, 2011, for my pre-operative consultation appointment. My original consultation in January 2011 only focused on the breast augmentation, so when I go back on Wednesday we will discuss the liposculpture procedure and game plan.

I am focused on the upper and lower abdomen, flanks and bra line. While there is not a great deal of fat here, there is in comparison to the rest of my body. I expect that this procedure will decrease my waist line and give me a more hourglass figure, with a flatter tummy.

I am posting photos of before with measurements and I will update these at various times after the procedure.

Measurements 03/06/2011 Smallest Part of Waist...

Measurements 03/06/2011
Smallest Part of Waist 28.5 Inches
Accross The Belly Button 31.5 Inches
Under Bra 30 Inches

Surgery was yesterday. It was like any normal...

Surgery was yesterday. It was like any normal surgery, one minute you are awake and talking to the nurses and doctor, and the next you wake in the recovery room. I don't remember much about the recovery room, getting home, etc.

When I finally came to, I noticed that it is the breast implants that are bothering me more than the lipsuction. The breast implants kind of just hurt, but the lipo areas only hurt if touched, and then it just feels like a bad bruise.

I had my first follow up appointment today, and the doctor said I looked great. There is some swelling, but he said that I already look much more flat in the tummy area and have a nice curve coming along from his work on my flanks and waist.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

I was just wondering how your results look now that they should be completely healed and the final shape? Do you have any pics? I have the same body type and I am looking to get some work done this year.

Thanks for pre-posting.  I know everyone will be watching for your updates.  Best of luck on the day of surgery and recovery.