Fifty-something & a Fan of Voluma - Charlotte, NC

I heard about the new dermal filler product that's...

I heard about the new dermal filler product that's part of the Juvederm family of HA fillers just as last year's dose of Juvederm was wearing off. I am fit and healthy, but you can't fight gravity and I don't feel ready for a face lift (for many, many reasons). Stillwater Plastic Surgery - that's Dr. Capizzi - is my go to for anti-aging treatments and ideas. I had two syringes of Voluma injected this past Monday. So far, I love it! And, I think I'm going to love it for about two years, because that's how long the plumping is supposed to last. Tammy Ryan did the injections. She's Dr. Capizzi's nurse - fabulous. I felt very little pain - of course, she started me off with this lidocane (sp??) salve to numb the injection areas. That was helpful, but really, I would have "endured" fifteen minutes or so of a few pricks to get rid of my jowls! Tammy studied my face carefully. She is very thoughtful - I like that. The injections follow the line of my cheekbone. So more volume and plumpness in my cheekbones "lifts" the lax skin under my cheeks (AKA jowls). So, it's just a few days later right now. No bruising and just a little bit of tenderness. I love it that Stillwater followed up with me the day after the treatment to see how I was doing. A nice touch. Voluma is not inexpensive, but for me it's totally worth it, especially considering how long it lasts.

Thank you for sharing your story. If you don't tell your husband, we won't! That said, Voluma is really a great value because it works. All the best to you!

After Voluma

I actually think I look better than this picture (whew, you're probably thinking). Definitely added volume in my cheeks. Smoother contour. I'm happy.

Thank you for such an excellent review! It's my absolute pleasure and privilege to help women AND men feel better about their appearance. I am always happy to help!! T.Ryan RN
This is a great review. The price is great also and I wish I could have taken this with me yesterday as I left my Plastic S. with no Voluma. I was so excited, now disappointed as they insisted it comes packaged and that they prefer to give four syringes, I was like no. I only want two, he said he would do that for 1700 but it would not have an effect on the area of lower jawline. I am in my fifties and have a tear that has caused some wrinkles near the cheek. He said I have high cheek bones and he didn't want me to waste me money. Also I was quite disappointed with the assistant who said she would not give the numbing cream like with juvederm b/c Voluma doesn't hurt. An evening appt. with them is out of the question for me . And to think that I would pay 3500 for Voluma package is just wrong, what do you suggest?
I wasn't going to tell my husband yesterday that I was having Voluma but he could see the disappointment of my face last night when I told him of my experience in Spartanburg yesterday. I really enjoyed this review and if I lived closer to Char. I would visit your office. Thanks again for posting.
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Capizzi and team rock! RN Tammy Ryan did my Voluma injections and Dr. Capizzi stepped in the room a number of times to check progress. Tammy started by numbing the injection site with lidocane, a nice extra touch. As I mentioned, I can really manage a short period of a little bit of discomfort to get rid of sagging. I also love it that Tammy studied my face and thought - I'll call it STRATEGICALLY - about where to put the filler. It wasn't like she was gung-ho with the needle. She had a plan. Two days after the procedure, I have a little bit of soreness and NO BRUISING. Yeah! It's a good thing because my hubby does't know about this little budget diversion and now he never has to. As a final touch, Tammy sent me on my way with an herbal cream to reduce pain and bruising and the practice followed up with a phone call the next day to see how I was doing. The answer: GREAT. Thanks, Tammy and Dr. C. You're the best.