Cosmelan on Upper Lip Area - Charlotte, NC

A few years ago I thought my upper lip was dirty...

A few years ago I thought my upper lip was dirty so I went to scrub it off and realized this wasnt dirt. I couldnt figure what it was so went online and learned it could be from an IUD I had. I had it removed asap, Dr. insisted it wasn't from that. That didn't help, I tried creames, retin A, lemons and it just stayed. It was bearable in fall/winter but soon as the sun comes out its BAD. I learned about cosemelan online and had to try it. Took a long time to be able to save for it. Anyways here is how it worked for me. I am 39 with german and portuguese.

5/6/14 - did cosmelan 1 for 9 hours. Not sure if this happens to all but the stuff kept falling off my around lip area ( upper lip where I needed it and chin). I reapplied it throught out day. Washed it off and my face looked normal, felt a bit tight.

5/7/14- I used cosmelan 2 in the morning and night. It had some burning at night and no changes yet.

6/11/14- My chin was very raw and burns with cosmelon. I didnt use any today on the chin and used neosporin instead. My upper lip was also burning with night application. I think I see it getting lighter. :)

6/12/14- Today I only put cosmelan 2 on upper lip twice fo the day and at night I did the whole face minus chin which hurts so bad. . Used neosporin on chin.

6/13/14- Great now my upper lip is hurting horrible torture. :0

6/28/14- I guess didn't take good notes. After my face healed from peeling, ( I only ever peeled around lip and chin, I read its normal, but why didnt my whole face peel? I wonder if I didn't use enough because I did peel around areas I applied alot from it disappearing. Right now I try to get it on 2x a day. I work so Its hard to do during middle of day. I will try to get it on soon as I leave and just reapply more before bed. I began peeling again around my outter lips. and again above lip. Overall I am so excited and happy with my results. I just stare in the mirror and cant believe its gone. I still think I see a shadow but way better than ever before.

Still looks good

My melasma always fades in winter. I rarely put any cosmelan on. Usually forget! I'll start up in spring for sure. For now I'm satisfied and can go out without any make up on.
Dr. Jane Doe

No Dr, I did this at home, by myself.