Bad Botox from Dr. Thaxton - Charleston, WV

Cosmetic procedure w/ Dr. Thaxton (Botox)....

Cosmetic procedure w/ Dr. Thaxton (Botox). Extremely brusque and sarcastic. Botox vial was not shown to me, opened in front of me or diluted in front of me.

Left with bruising. Contacted his office 1 week later to fix the obvious asymmetry and egregious mistakes (left looking like Spock)- was mortified for the entire week+ as the results were terrible. Was asked to pay for the correction- after inquiring why I'm responsible for paying for his correction- Office Manager informed me there would be no charge, however Dr. Thaxton would no longer see me as a patient.

Not surprising that less than 2 months later- the "botox" Dr. Thaxton injected had worn off.

Unprofessional, Disrespectful and Condescending. Find another injector.

By the way, I myself am a physician (however he and his office staff did not know this)
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

I'm sorry you didn't have the experience, or the results, you wanted.  Was this your first time trying Botox?

Jill, sorry for the late reply. No- that was not the first time trying Botox. Great results with Dr. Placik prior to this- but no longer live in Chicago. Guess these misfortunes come with the territory of living in small towns, where the docs don't get as much experience/volume as they would in big cities. Sigh ;( Went to yet another PS in Charleston, better bedside manner and better results (NOT great though), however again had a unilateral "spock" but he was so wonderful about fixing it, and for free (as it should be!).
Yeah based on all the reviews I see it seems to always boil down to the skill of the injector.  I live in a small town too and can relate!  I hope you find an injector you like.