Bad Botox from Dr. Thaxton - Charleston, WV

Cosmetic procedure w/ Dr. Thaxton (Botox)....

Cosmetic procedure w/ Dr. Thaxton (Botox). Extremely brusque and sarcastic. Botox vial was not shown to me, opened in front of me or diluted in front of me.

Left with bruising. Contacted his office 1 week later to fix the obvious asymmetry and egregious mistakes (left looking like Spock)- was mortified for the entire week+ as the results were terrible. Was asked to pay for the correction- after inquiring why I'm responsible for paying for his correction- Office Manager informed me there would be no charge, however Dr. Thaxton would no longer see me as a patient.

Not surprising that less than 2 months later- the "botox" Dr. Thaxton injected had worn off.

Unprofessional, Disrespectful and Condescending. Find another injector.

By the way, I myself am a physician (however he and his office staff did not know this)

Maybe there was more to it. I have never been to him and not defending him. But for them to refuse ur service? Maybe they thought u were rude? Don't take offense to this. I don't mean it as hateful as it sounds. I'm just trying to figure out y a Dr would risk his reputation over this.
Hi, to go back to Jill's message- no it certainly was not the first time trying botox. - Usually get injections every 6-8 months - Familiar with how many units are needed to achieve the look I want - Know all too well that my injections need to be more "lateral" on my forehead than most Dr. Thaxton was trying to sell me more units than I've ever had injected in one sitting. In response to jwil34... No, I was not rude- quite the contrary was very patient when calling his office and leaving messages for him and didn't "lay blame" . Simply asked for a touch up to correct the heinous "Spock Brow" I'm glad Dr. Thaxton didn't know I myself was a physician, because he may have changed his bedside manner. When he met me, it was on the premise of just another 30 something who doesn't know squat about facial muscles, nerves or aesthetics. Contrast this with another experience at a plastic surgeons office in Charleston for the same procedure. He actually treated me with *less* than my typical units. Again, a little *too much* elevation of my left brow- and he graciously injected a tiny amount 1 week later before an important interview. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Actually recommended him to by mom.
I'm just a little confused. Why r u glad he didn't know ur a physician because in that case you probably would have received better service? Isn't that what u wanted? I mean, do u honestly feel that your time and money was worth just the sake of being able to write a bad review?
Charleston Plastic Surgeon