Disastrous! - Chapel Hill, NC

This doctor was not honest with me from the...

This doctor was not honest with me from the beginning to the end! He was supposed to do a simple outpatient surgery to my eye lids, and he said I would be going home in about an hour after the surgery.

He was about 6 hours late for the procedure. I woke up in a hospital room after the surgery and didn't get released to go home until the next day about 6:00 PM. I have suffered from excruciating pain every since.

He has not owned up for what he did to me to this date!

Raleigh-Durham Oculoplastic Surgeon

I would never recccommend this doctor to anyone!

have you checked to see if you have corneal neuropathy? if so, nerve meds may help. have been suffering for 4 yrs with eyeball pain that I am convinced started right after upper eyelid surgery. (Dr. said I was his worst recovered patient. Took 4 yrs to get this diagnosis. meds helping ALOT. good luck
what did your doctor do to you?my doctor did something strange to my eyes too i was once a very beautiful woman before him these people have some kind of god complex and feel that they can do whatever they want
Can you sue him?
thanks for sharing
Thanks much. Take care and God bless.
I know exactly what you are going through. Don't give up finding someone to fix it. I am not! In 2007 a PS did fat grafting to my eye lids- BIG MISTAKE! The more horrible thing about it was that I was not even aware that he was going to put fat into my eyelid until minutes before the surgery. I thought he was just going to do a skin pinch. I had an over whelming desire to bolt- I should have, but I trusted him . Six years later i am still dealing with this ! my left eye pulls down at the corner and it is rounded. The right eye has lumps and bumps within the lid. The dry eye that I have now leaves me in excruciating pain most days. I have to sleep with goggles on my eyes because they do not close. Every doctor gives me another opinion. I will not give up until I find a doctor who can make me normal looking again!
Hi Ziggy, I'm so sorry! Sounds like you might have had the same doctor that I had! No one should have to go through their life in pain and deformities caused by a careless doctor! I have to sleep with a wet hand towel or wash cloth over my eyes because they do not close properly either and because of the burning pain! (Needless to say where I've spent the most of my time for the past 10 years, every since this devastating event by this doctor!) I went to a doctor in The Mayo Clinic, one at Walter Reed, and in one Atlanta. That was after I went to UNC, Duke, and quite a few local doctors. Most told me they hadn't ever seen anything like this. That there was so much damage and they really didn't know how to repair the damage. Good luck and God Bless.
RayJ - try tranquil eyes goggles. They have little removable foam pads inside the eye cups that you wet in cool or warm water. They keep the lids down and moist. They have helped me. You can find them at Dry Eye Zone online. Good luck to you. I will keep you in my prayers.
Hi Ziggy, Thanks for the info. I will definetly try that! Sounds like it will help and I'm all for that! Thank you for your prayers. I will keep you in my prayers too. Take care and God bless.
are you planning to do a revision?
I haven't been able to find a Doctor that will do a revision. I've been to quite a few locally and out of state as well. Thanks for your interest.
Sorry to hear about your experience. What exactly went wrong?
I don't know what went wrong. What he told me was, "a stitch fell out." He's never been honest with me! Thanks for your interest.
Yikes! So sorry.
Thank you, pghstirgrl. I appreciate your concern. Take care. God bless.