Disastrous! - Chapel Hill, NC

This doctor was not honest with me from the...

This doctor was not honest with me from the beginning to the end! He was supposed to do a simple outpatient surgery to my eye lids, and he said I would be going home in about an hour after the surgery.

He was about 6 hours late for the procedure. I woke up in a hospital room after the surgery and didn't get released to go home until the next day about 6:00 PM. I have suffered from excruciating pain every since.

He has not owned up for what he did to me to this date!

It's now been since March 6, 2003 when Frank Christensen operated on my cheeks and my eye lids with his arrogance and disregard for my concern and my best interest! I still haven't been able to find a doctor to help me. I've been to see about 20 doctors, including Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill, (several times) Duke, (several times) Silver Spring, MD, The Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL., (twice)Atlanta, GA. (twice.) I've been told the same thing over and over again. That there's been too much nerve damage already and they haven't felt that they had the expertise to do anything that would help, as they had not ever seen anything like this. That anything they did, would likely cause even more nerve damage. I've suffered for 11 years with burning pain, itching eye lids and watery eyes! Because of this I've had to quit driving, needing to depend on others to drive me everywhere I've needed to go, like to the very many doctors, for example, and everywhere else! It's absolutely beyond my comprehension how this man has been able to keep practicing medicine and performing surgery on his patients with their faith and trusting that his choices would have their best interest as his main priority! Thank you for reading, for your concern and prayers. God Bless.
RayJ....have you gone to see dr guy massry in los angelos?he may be able to help you.i went to him for a consultation and he is a very good person who is well respected by his patients and his colleagues.i feel he is trustworthy....just a thought
So sorry for what you've gone through. For what its worth, I went to see this same doctor a few years ago, and waited in the lobby for 2 hours until I was finally seen.... I ended up getting a second opinion after I finally got to see the doctor, and I'm glad I did.
Raleigh-Durham Oculoplastic Surgeon

I would never recccommend this doctor to anyone!