37 Year Old, 2 Kids, Well Overdue "Mommy Makeover"(Tummy Tuck with MR &Breast Lift). - Chadds Ford, PA

I am a mother of two, ages 12 and 16. I have been...

I am a mother of two, ages 12 and 16. I have been planning this procedure for over 5 years. Its time that I do something for myself and not everyone else. I am scheduled for a tummy tuck and breast lift on January 30th. I am sooo nervous and excited at the same time, can't wait until it is all over! I hope my recovery goes well.

20 more days

Pre-op appointment

I had my pre-op appointment yesterday. I'm not nervous anymore, just a little anxious. Despite feeling a little rushed through my appointment, Dr Saunders is welcoming, sorry I can't say the same about his front desk staff. Any-who it's about to go down. I will keep you guys posted! 12 more days!

One more day!

Surgery is tomorrow , I will see you guys on the other side!

I made it to the flat side.

First I must say, I have never been treated so good. I love Dr Saunders and all of his nursing staff. He has the best bed side manner I have ever experienced. The surgery went well and I can't wait to see the final results. I will post pictures tomorrow when I remove the binder and ace wrap to shower.

3 day post-op

More photos

8 day pos- op. My recovery had some ups and downs but I still think it was worth it.

3 weeks post-op

The last 2 1/5 weeks I was very weak. I wasn't in any pain but it wore me out to even lift my arms. This week things are getting better, I'm regaining my strength little by little. I am finally able to sleep 75% comfortably in my bed. Last night was my first full night of sleep without tossing and turning all night. Unfortunately I developed a seroma which has been aspirated once a week for the last 2 weeks. I go back for a f/u on Monday, I hope it's dissolving.

4 weeks Post-Op

I went back for another f/u appointment last week from the looks of my slightly swollen abdomen and the wave like motions I saw when pressing on it, my surgeon told me that the seroma resolved and that if there was any more fluid, my body would absorb it. Well it is now four weeks and I am even more swollen. I'm a little worried, I hope its just the normal expected swelling after a TT and not a larger seroma!

Pic of the recliner

6 weeks post-op

9th month update

So I am not so happy with my final results. Yes my tummy does look much better, but I am left with a kangaroo pouch and a roll on my right side. My surgeon, Dr Christopher Saunders, is suggesting a revision, which he will give me a discount but I still would have to come out of pocket with $2000, this is not fair. I am happy with the Brest lift though. What is a girl to do?
West Chester Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Saunders makes you feel relaxed and gives you realistic expectations.