40+ and Hopeful; Inner/outer Thighs and Knees - Center Valley, PA

My procedure was 24 hours ago. I read numerous...

My procedure was 24 hours ago. I read numerous posts on this site to help me weigh my options and find women I could relate to. After connecting to the common theme of I work out 5-6x a week, eat well, and live a heathy lifestyle - I decided this was what I wanted to do. I am 42yrs old, 5'5" and 150lbs, generally a size 8-10. Not overweight!

I found the procedure to be not as painful as I expected. Bonus: The staff was wonderful .. Patient, kind, and supportive! There were times that I felt moments of pinching and pulling, but it was never unbearable or extruciating. The laser portion of the process was almost soothing. Weird but true. The doc explained what he was doing before he did it and checked with me every step of the way. Truly comforting.

For having the procedure yesterday I have been fairly active today but making sure to not overdue it. Some light housework, taking laps around the house, and just prepped dinner. Overall not bad.. By the way I have not felt the need to take pain meds today at all.

Of course results are not yet known. Still in compression garment, massaging the entry points, and following docs orders! Can't say I don't feel bruised and sore, but that is not a surprise.

Will post again after my 1 week check up! Very excited and hopeful that this will resolve my lifelong issue with my legs. Can't wait to feel great about wearing shorts, skirts, and dresses that are not below my knees!

I am one week & one day post procedure and feel...

I am one week & one day post procedure and feel really good. Had my 1 week follow up and doc says I am healing nicely. My legs are still bruised quite a bit, but starting to have a green hue which means healing has begun. By the way, my skin is tightening as welll, I read that was another issue for some.

Some advice I did not read before but wanted to share is ... wear your compression garment. Don't be foolish by spending all the money, going through the pain, and recovery to ruin it by not wearing the garment. I've found that it is more comforting with the compression than without. The other bit of advice is to massage the treated areas. No, it's not fun or pleasant. Yes it's a bit painful, but it's made a huge difference in my case. So many people complained of bumps and lumps..... I have NONE. Doc told me it's because I massaged the areas in an upward motion as instructed. Don't sit around, make a concerted effort to walk for 5 mins, then 10, etc.. I started easing back into my exercise routine Monday (so 4 days post procedure). I am not running or going crazy. But I've done yoga, walked on the treadmill at a decent pace and incline, and rowed. I am just listening to my inner voice tell me that's it or push a bit harder today :-)

I am adding pics the doc took pre-procedure. I think based on bruising I am going to wait 1 more week to post the after shots. I see a considerable difference and am so pleased thus far. It's encouraged me to be even more diligent about my diet and overall health! There is no denying my legs looks more slim and shapely. Best news is my doc says I'll see it even more so over the next few weeks.

It's been two weeks since my procedure. I am still...

It's been two weeks since my procedure. I am still bruised, but healing nicely. Keeping it real, have to say I started noticing some lumps and bumps here and there. Massaging those areas does continue to help and I notice less and less each day. Still wearing my garment 1/2 the time. So basically during the day and sleeping without it.

Back to exercising every morning. Still not running or doing anything that requires jarring impacts to my legs. But there are so many other things to do I still feel like I am burning calories and getting in a great workout.

On a side note, watch topical effects of using antibiotic ointment on your wounds. I thought I was doing good by applying it consistently. Not so much.. it's actually rough on your skin. Let me just say my skin is sensitive and I typically use "for sensitive skin" products. So I ended up with one spot that swelled a bit (looked like a bug bite) and as a precaution I started back on an oral antibiotic. This is purely to be sure the irritation does not end up causing an infection.

My clothes are fitting nicely and I am loving my silhouette. I didn't go into this wanting or expecting to look like I lost 10-15lbs. I just wanted my curves to reflect my efforts to live a healthy and active life.

Yes, pics .. I need to add pics. I tried to take some myself and didn't feel like they compared apples to apples. Not to mention that self taken pics are met with extreme scrutiny! So I will request my hubby to take some this weekend or sooner.

So glad some are finding my chronicle of experience helpful. I am consciously sticking to the facts and trying to provide the info that I didn't see or read elsewhere. To wrap this up - 2 weeks post smart lipo and I am not regretting my choice and as of now feel as though it was the right choice for me. As healing continues... I am still hopeful!

Here are a few pics from the weekend. I am still...

Here are a few pics from the weekend. I am still bruised and swollen. Tomorrow marks 3 weeks. I am still happy with the results. Wishing the healing process would come to an end, but otherwise I feel good about my shape. Tried on some skirts and found that they just look better without that saddle bag bulge! I will be back at doc next week for the 1 month checkup. I think as I more aggressively work out and heal the final results will be exactly what I hoped for!

Discoloration

So I am nearly 6 weeks post procedure. What I thought was bruising or perhaps it was in combination with discoloration, is still apparent. The reviews I read about still being in pain are true. My inner thighs are still sensitive and sometimes ache. The outer part as well, but less often than the inner. With clothes covering my areas I do like my appearance. However as bathing suit and shorts weather approaches, I am nervous. Nervous that it looks like my inner thighs are a shade different then the rest of my leg. So now I am on the fence about the success of this procedure. I have read the 2-3 months mark is usually indicative of the way it will look long term. Being a few weeks from that and vacation I really hope to see a change. Again, this is what my experience has been and I am keeping it 1000% real so anyone looking to research the pros and cons has facts. Hope this is helpful to someone. At this point I can't honestly say yay or nay - on the fence! If anyone has tips regarding the discoloration, please let me know. I am heading back to the doc today for a consult.
Youngs Medical Spa

Recommended by friend & facility close to home.

Dear blackntan, I like what I see, especially the knee and inner thigh areas (those are my problem areas as well, so I watch them like a hawk). Good job and nice smooth line of the leg as a result. Enjoy it.
Thanks very much. It's definitely not instant results/success. The more time has passed the better I feel. But bottom line is the more active I stay while maintaining a healthy lifestyle the better the results. It's not the solution. Feels good to look more shapely in summer clothes ;-)
HOW ARE YOU LIKING THE RESULTS? WORTH IT??
Gotta say, I am still unsure. I need to get my hubby to take some updated pics so I can compare. The initial excitement is gone and with it might be my clear recollection of before and after. I still have the discoloration. But I am not in pain anymore... that is totally back to normal. I also have lil' lumps at a few of the entry points. That I am not thrilled about.. but hope they go away with time. Will try to post updated pics this week. Thanks for checking back!
Skin discoloration can take a while to go away. I has lipo to my abdomen and it was darker for about 4 months
Hmm maybe massage might help. Hopefully it's not a burn. Maybe try a spray tan for your vaycay to cover up th marks.
can you update your pictures? I am having outer thighs done the end of summer...wanted to wait till after summer. I have not heard of discoloration...let me know what the doc says!
Just wondering how you are doing? and if you are pleased with the results!
I am good. I went for my one month check up and I am headed in the right direction. I still have some swelling and my bruises are faded. I tend to bruise easily and they linger forever by nature. So I wasn't surprised about how long it took me to heal. I am happy with the results... however I think as time goes on I am dulled to the change. I was pleasantly surprised to be able to wear some shorts I haven't been able to wear in a few years. But that is a combination of the procedure and my choices to eat healthy and exercise. FYI - the doc mentioned seeing the true results in the next 4 weeks. So I will continue on my way and see how things change.
Hi! I just got my inner and outer thighs done on Tuesday. How long was it before you saw results? Or how long did it take for your swelling to go down? I also found the procedure kind of soothing! I didnt experience any pain at all and at one point when I was laying on my stomach I almost fell asleep! I have not taken any pain meds and I went back to work the next day. The worst part is the day of surgery and drainage. But its been 4 days out and I feel fine except the worst part is pulling the garmet up and down to use the bathroom.
Sorry for the delay.. I really thought I responded to you. I saw my results about 2 weeks after. Honestly I still have some swelling. It's been a month, but there are a few spots that are still tender. The garment does stink the first few days. But stick with it... it makes a difference. I am still wearing mine every other day or so. I am the weird one that never really felt it was uncomfortable. It is not pleasant getting it on.. but once on I still find it comfortable. Hope you are healing well and seeing the results you hoped for.
You look great!! I'm so excited for mine, I can hardly wait! I'm getting inner & outer thighs, hips and stomach done in 10 days! Did you do anything special for the bruising? I heard Arnica gel helps it. I am VERY fair, bruise VERY easily and they stick around for a LONG time so it's a major concern for me. Thanks again for the update!
Thanks very much DebH! I also bruise very easily and typically turn all shades of the rainbow before it heals :) I did take the Arnica tablets you put under your tongue. Not sure it helped or not to be honest. Best advice I feel like I can give bc it made a difference for me is... wear the garment, massage the areas (even though painful), and stay active! A girlfriend had her upper and lower abs done last year and is still thrilled with the results. Best of luck for a safe procedure and speedy recovery!
Wow you look really nice just for 3 weeks. Makes me wanna flip flop to the inner and outter thights. Thanks for the update!
Thanks so much, I needed to hear that :-) Since I look and scrutinize everyday it's becoming harder and harder to see that there really is a difference. You quickly adjust to the new you and forget the you before the procedure. Which is good!
Hi, I have a VERY similar shape to you and I'm getting my Smartlipo on May 10th. When you can, please post updated pictures. I'm dying to see how you turned out! Thanks :)
Thanks for your post! looking forward to the pictures!
DO YOU HAVE AFTER PICTURES, I'M VERY ANXIOUS TO SEE THE RESULTS!
Can't wait to see your pics because I changed my inner thighs to do my arms because wasn't sure on the results or recovery. So please keep the updates coming.
Please post pictures
Can't wait for your 1 week review. I also want to get my inner thighs done. Thinking of doing it in the fall. Would love to see your before and after pics!!
Love your review ! I'm scheduled for Wednesday and getting nervous but u and my lipo buddy are making it sound easy !! And I'm feeling pretty hopeful now :)