43 Year Old with 3 Grown Kids - Time for a Mommy Makeover - Dominican Republic

Hello RS Sisters I am brand new to this website...

Hello RS Sisters
I am brand new to this website and I already am addicted to it, love it, the sisterhood, the help, the different opinions, are so helpful and informative... ahhh just love it.
I am having a tummy tuck with liposculture of the back, butt lift, thighs and arms (thinking, but undecided about getting my breast reduced and lifted) After so much research and playing back and forth with my doctor selection, my list was narrowed to 3 candidates: Dr. Yily Delos Santos, Disnalda Matos y Roberto Guerrero Daniel, after reading so many negative comments here about MRSA at Dr. Yily's clinic and the way she abandon her patients post op, she has been scratch off my list. I am more inclined to Dr. Disnalda Matos, she sounds very professional, answers my calls and all of my questions, the only thing she doesn't have a website, but I know a few people that had work done by her and they're very satisfied and look amazing. I think that if you care about your life the way I do, she is the right doctor for you.
I am so anxious thus, I can't wait, almost 3 months to go and Disnalda had asked to lose some weight for best results and I am trying to be in my best shape.

Hello and welcome to the sisterhood.  Can't wait to hear back with more details from you.  And also your before and after pictures:)

some pics... ughhh

Here are some pics before weight loss/pre op

Good luck to you!!
Hello Welcome to you, and good luck with everything. I must say I am happy for you I am 43 and a mother of 3 adults now and I did the same thing, I had my Mommy Makeover March 20th of this year.
Thank you wvbikerchic, so are you feeling? How did it go?

some more pics

Sorry just noticed that your having surgery in July
Hope y our feeling well! Please post pics, I would love to see your results!!
U have a great foundation already....God bless

CONFUSION, CONFUSION

After so much research, I find myself very confused about my doctor, although I love Dr. Matos, I just got a quote from Dr. Robles and although price is just about the same, I kinda like Dr. Robles' work better. they are both very responsive and eager to answer your questions, both seem to be very knowledgeable about their job... I DON'T KNOW... SMH Help me decide sisters!

Did Robles state that she will do ALL that you want DONE (as you mentioned in your review)? cause I think Robles do either/or TT, BBL, and Lipo or TT, BL (w/implants if desired) and Lipo...make sure you ask and get it in a quote!
Actually, Dr. Matos' quote says TT, LIPO ON ARMPITS, ARMS, FLANKS, WAIST, BACK, INNER THIGHS AND BBL... But Dr. Robles' (even tho I asked her for the same things) it only says: TT, LIPO On WAIST, ARMPITS, BACK AND BBL. Doesn't include the other things. I wonder, is it that she won't do so many procedures? Or did she just left those things out to charge me extra once I am there? What do you think?
I WOULD like to know the answer to that too...she will do tt, bl w/implants, and lipo or tt, bbl and lipo...so if your boobs and butt needs help doesnt look like both will be addressed by Robles...

Confusion, confusion... as the day gets closer.

, it gets more confusing, I have appointments with 2 doctors Dra. Fatima Almonte and Dra. Disnalda Matos. my intentions were to get to DR, interview with both and make a decision, well, not so easy, now one of them is requiring a deposit and I don't want to lose money in case that I decide not to go with her, so... "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" smh... they both seem to be great doctors. somebody help me!!!! On the other hand, I have most of my supplies already, plane ticket and RH all set

its your decision on which doctor to go with...have you seen any of Matos work cause I never heard of her (but I will try to find reviews on here)...and, all doctors require a deposit (even here in the states) but I think you are trying to have a consultation, right? Well, I don't think that's going to happen in DR cause in order for them to put you on their calendar they (I don't know about all of them) require a deposit that will go towards your surgery...GOOD LUCK!
Matos only have three reviews and one of them is yours...can you post pics of her work cause you are asking RS to help you with your decision and Matos does not have any reviews :(

UGHHHHHHH... Frustation kicks in...

So, I want to officially switched to Dra. Fatima Almonte and one of the best thing I've heard about her is how fast she responds to your messages, with my luck, things just don't work that way. Sent a message to her back in April 8 and never got an answer, just recently got the number for assistant, contacted her but is also very difficult to get in touch with her, she says she is going to send me my formal registration forms and information for me to send in my deposit and hold my date... and nothing. FRUSTATING!

Good luck on your surgery!! Please keep us posted! I see Almonte on July 15!
Congrats on your upcoming surgery.
Thank you ImmajusDoit, you're right, I'll go with the person with better reviews, so many people can't be wrong. Dr. Almonte sounds great. Although, I've seen Dr. Matos' work and it seems good, she may not be fast enough as she doesn't do it as much and time under is crucial for me, the faster the better.

Fajas be gone!

So, this is really how I look... with 2 fajas under. Lol, I am just trying to look like this, or better, without the need of being uncomfortable, meaning "no fajas" and I know Dra. Almonte is going to make that possible... I just can't wait, so excited!

i Know what you mean about being confused about which ps to go with. I have been going back and forth between Robles and Cabral. I love Cabral's work.I just don't want to be having surgery on a walk in basis. robles is good too.I just don't think she will perform everything I want ..and she will say my hemo is too low. I am justgoing with Robles.if I like how my consult goes.I can always reconsider.or stay with her
Urggghhh, it is so hard and in your case even worse because your picks are very high traffic doctors, which makes them hard to get. Although I think you are making the right choice with Robles, given Cabral's reviews (not safe) hope I don't get any heat for saying that, it is just my opinion, I did my research on him and NAHHH thank you, too many deaths for my comfort.
Thank you Amontebabe14, best of luck to you as well, I may see you down there.

1 month away

exactly a month away and it is still so unreal that I am going through with this sx, I guess it will hit me when I get the famous 'blue pill'. So I have almost (note I said, almost) everything I need for my recovery in DR, so much to do, have to organize my house, make sure my bills are paid, all set with my time off from work, but jeezzz, I feel like time is not moving fast enough, I want to be on the flat side already. I am so anxious.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Recovery House

has anyone stayed at RELAX Recovery House by Zoraya? please I need reviews, I would also like to hear about Daisy RH.

Hi, am going to Disnalda Matos nxt wk. Will deff let u know how my experience with her. Having TT, BBL. Jx praying. Did put a deposit on ($500) on Disla, but she did my friend wrong. Then decided to go with Yily. With all this talks about her work, please... so choose Matos instead. Guess they r not God. All we have to do is to pray.

3 weeks away

WOW... can't believe is that close, I think I have everything I need, supplies wise. it gets more difficult everyday to think that I am going through with this, it gets so confusing. I had always been healthy, other than my high blood pressure, which is controlled, but lately, things are happening to my body, like I have a nodule on my thyroid which doctors have said wasn't a problem, that I could live with it without any bother, and I did for a long time, but now it's been hurting, it is swollen and bothers me a whole lot, went to the doctor thinking if I need to do this and postponed my ps I would just have to do so, but still the doctor doesn't think I need it taken out, so I am going through with my ps, hoping and praying that there are no complications. PS is a big decision, it's like getting married, you get cold feet, then you're back on... smh!

are you having surgery with Almonte? I am confused by @luk'ngud post on June 16 regarding Matos...are you going with Almonte or Matos? Thanks!
Matos
sorry @luk'ngud the post is for Ansious doll...I am confused about who she's having surgery with cause of your comment below...thanks

SX BUDDY

I'm going July 9 with Dra. Almonte and although I didn't think so at the beginning, I'm thinking of getting SX buddy... any takers?

Hey honey, if you don't find a buddy contact me!
are you going alone? I am HAPPY FOR YOU!
Yes, BF wasn't able to get his vacation. Do you know of anybody going on that date? : (

ALMOST THERE

Although I should be nothing but excited, I'm not, I'm very anxious, nervous, scarred and on top of that all, I'm very sad, very emotional, broken hearted by things going on in my personal life and I know this is definitely not the right mindset for an event like this. You need to go in the OR with positivism, full of energy and optimism and I just can't find any of that right now. I'll keep on with my plans going that once I'm on a plane, once I get there and the purpose of my trip hits me, I'll be ok.

Wishing you a safe journey and recovery.
omg im in the same boat i love dr.robles work but ive heard good things about dr.matos i don't know what to do
Which recovery house did you choose? Are you still on for surgery?

THE DAY IS HERE

Well, today is my birthday and it's also the day I flight to DR. Men, no even a drink on my birthday, but I have better things coming my way. I am very nervous and anxious, not knowing what to expect at the RH and from my doctor, dying to meet her and Leslie. I'll keep you posted RS Sisters.

Happy Birthday!
Awe! Yay!!! So happy and excited for you! I celebrated 33 last week so this is our gift to ourselves!! Enjoy it! Praying for you!!
Oh and Happy Birthday!!!

@ CECIP

So here I'm, Dr Almonte's driver picked me up and drove me straight to the clinic, I'm waiting for her and hopefully it's only for testing because I'm so not ready for surgery today. This is a very nice clinic and I was surprised that there were so many people here at 5am.

Looking forward to seeing your results!
I just found your review and your experience thus far has been identical to my own. From the emotional standpoint. ..Happy birthday! !! I arrive tomorrow, hopefully we will cross paths. My sx is scheduled for Friday the 11th. Im staying at upscale. How about you?
I'm staying at tropical, hope everything went well with you. Happy recovery!

on the flat side

Sorry it took me so long, but I would like to tell you a bit about my experience here in DR. The clinic, the recovery house, the staff and the doctor, are great, absolutely nothing to complaint about. My incision is beautiful and very low. Dra. Says she took 7.8 liters of fat off of me, I was instantly 20 lbs lighter and I'm in love with my results. The one thing nobody could've prevented me, was THE PAIN, OMG this is so painful, my back is killing me. It is a very strange pain that comes with a terrible burning sensation. It's HORRIBLE almost to the point of regretting my decision. It's been great to be able to share this experience with you all. One more thing, I don't know how girls can manage without the mechanical beds, I don't think I could've made without it, it's been a great help.

Wow. You looked great. I hope you start feeling better soon!
Oh girl. I'm so sorry you are in so much pain! I guess in 3 days I will be right there with you. Ugh. But your waist has been snatched darling! Incision is beautiful! Happy Healing!
I'll be staying at tropical. Looking forward to your review of the place. Happy healing!

5 weeks post op

Hello ladies, had a couple setbacks after sx, first at 11 days po I had a cough attack and 4-5 inches of my incision opened, Dr Almonte decides to cut some more open so that she could restitch it uniformly and it was done, scar is beautiful. Then when it was time

Your curves is everything!!!!

6 weeks

I swear that if it wasn't because I'm the one on the picture, I wouldn't believe it. Couldn't be happier. Loving my results.

Thank you Ansious for the info and again, you look amazing.
Ansious Doll, wow.....you look great. I'm going to Dr. Almonte as well and I love your body. Amazing, can you plz tell me if you had your breast done? and did your drains come out before you left D.R.
Hello Lovingonlymenow no I didn't get my breast done, which now I regret; after you see everything else looking so good, you want the rest to match. thinking about going back at some point and take of that. My drains came were pulled out by Almonte but only because I was in DR for a month, my drains were in for 21 days and still going. that varies from one doll to another, she will tell you right away some girls are done by day 5. Good luck to you with everything, you are in very good hands.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

Dra. Fátima Almonte is great. She was able to achieve the results I expected. The team that works with her is wonderful, they will take care of your every need. The only down side in my experience was the long waiting periods at the office. This doctor is very knowledgeable, professional, caring, amicable and definitely, safe. Love her!