Fleur De Lis (Tummy Tuck) After Maintaining 100+ Lb Weight Loss - Cary, NC

I spent my entire childhood overweight and at age...

I spent my entire childhood overweight and at age 18, upon graduation, I made a decision not to go away to college overweight. In a matter of 3 months through extreme dieting and lots of walking, I dropped 120 lbs. Over the years I was able to mainain my weight loss through portion control and exercise (cardio and weight training). No matter how fit I got, I would always have remnants of the fat girl that I once was without surgery to remove the excess skin.

I had a couple consultations with doctors in the Wilmington, NC area but was just not impressed so stumbled on this site to do more research. I read amazing reviews of Dr. Stoeckel at Wake Plastic Surgery so scheduled a consult. His office was 2 hrs away from my home but well worth the added drive time. Woohoo - surgery was scheduled for December 24, 2013!

Dr. Stoeckel recommended a Fleur de Lis in order to get the best results - scars at my age were not an issue! I'll be sure to post pics and keep you up to date with my progress.
Congratulations to you!!!
Congrats on your journey!!!!
Good for you- congratulations to you! Only a couple weeks out and you sound like you are doing wonderfully. Thanks for sharing your experience. Looking forward to your pics.
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

At my consultation with Dr. Stoeckel, it was clear that he was everything that I had read about on RealSelf and more! After listening to me, viewing all of the excess skin, and taking pictures, he asked me to prioritize my list. He then made his recommendations in regards to priority, based on his experience. It was much appreciated. He then showed me pictures of similar procedures that he had done and answered any questions that I had. The office (and staff!) were warm and inviting. Janelle (Patient Coordinator) was quick to respond to all emails/calls that I had up until the surgery. Dr. S even called to check on me from his cell phone the night of surgery so that I would have his number in case of emergency. I'm only 2 weeks post op from this procedure but already look forward to preparing for the next procedure when the time is right!