Drainless Tummy Tuck, Muscle Repair, and Liposuction of the Inner Thighs and Flanks - Carmel, IN

I am a mother of 3 children (ages 11, 7, and 5). I...

I am a mother of 3 children (ages 11, 7, and 5). I am 37 years old and wanted to have my old body back. I am 5'3 and 132lbs and as much as I work out I could not get my stomach to look the way it did 15years ago. I have gone through a lot of mommy guilt regarding this procedure but my husband reassured me that I deserved this and he has been completely on board. My procedure lasted 4 hrs and I was in shock how much back pain I was having. My incisional pain has been minimal but the back pain has been excruciating. However Dr. Sando was amazing and prescribed a muscle relaxer for me and I feel so much better. I am only 1 day post-op but I am starting to feel so much better as long as I stay on top of my pain medicines. I love not having drains and not having a binder. I do have a lot of bruising but it is all good. I have some nerve pain in my thighs but that is getting better with each day. I can't wait to see the final outcome. I have my followup next week. I will post some pictures tomorrow. I really wish I took some before photos.

2days post op pics

Bruising

Lots of bruising from my inner thigh liposuction. I think the lovenox shots are making it way worse!!

7 days post op

Lots of swelling but the tegaderm was finally removed and he injected my scar with steriods to help prevent keloids from forming. I am prone to keloids.

PDO 10

Swelling is getting better! I still have a lot more swelling on the right side. I have started the using silicon strips and gel. So weird to have a belly button. Gettin easier to stand upright and the tightness feeling above my belly button has gotten much better. My pain had mostly been 3 inches above my belly button where most of the muscle repair had been completed. However 2 days ago I got my hair colored and did not even think about the fact they had to lay me back to wash my hair. Lets just say there was a lot of foul language coming out of my mouth when she tilted my chair flat... I had to apologize! Lol

POD 10 pic

POD 14

I can finally sleep on my back and sides!!! I have no pain when, sneezing, coughing, or laughing. Maybe just tightness! Still have the right femoral lateral nerve pain in my right thighs due to entrap nerve. It makes it impossible to rub my incision on the right side because it sends shooting pain down my rt thigh. This has gotten better but he may open my incision in the office to release the nerve that was sutured. I am the only second patient that has had this happen to them in his practice. Otherwise feeling great besides the itchy swollen inner thighs due to my lipo.

My 14 day post op pics

Swelling is so up and down. Constant tingling around my midsection. Sleeping is getting somewhat easier. I am still tired and will need a nap but I am running around doing errands but I just get tired more easily. I normally never nap. I started using silicon strips at 1 week post op because I keloid easily. There is still more swelling on the right side but I feel good about these pics. Last week I was depressed by all the swelling. However by back is black and blue still from the flank lipo.

Tried the Bikini on! I will be 3 weeks PO on Wednesday! Time seems to be flying by!

I feel almost completely upright! My back is "smoked" by the end of the night. The swelling is worse in the evenings. The nerve pain in the rt thigh is better but my rt thigh is still numb. I really do not want him to reopen the scar to release the nerve that has been sutured down... I will talk to him on Wednesday and I want to hold out for a few more months. I still am off the pain meds. I am not allowed to take motrin products due to cysts on my kidneys. I will take a valium at night to help with my back spasms. I have bulging discs in my back and recurrent sciatica and I do not want a flare up. I am still swollen and I hope the swelling on my right flank will go down more. I am still bruised on my back from the lipo. I have been using silicon strips for almost 2 weeks now along with a silicon gel that I put in my belly button for the scar. I scar feels nice and soft. I massage it daily. I am prone to keloids but I think the injection of prednisone in my scar at 1 week PO has really helped my scar to heal nice and evenly. My PS will determine if I need another treatment of prednisone injections along my scar on Wed. I will up date everyone then:)

re: 3 weeks PO

Everything is going great. I am still having nerve pain in the right thigh. However we are going to wait 3 weeks to see if my PS wants to release the nerve by opening up my incision. Otherwise I am standing almost completely straight, I can do light arm and leg weights, I can lift as much as I can tolerate, and I was cleared for "relations";) I had another kenalog treatment for my incision. I am sleeping on my sides and only on 1 pillow. I still have lots of swelling intermittently. I have pics of my scars before my second kenalog treatment and pics of me today. My left side is much more swollen than my right today. Oh and I finally am seeing the return of my butt;) LOL!!

Silicone strips and tape

This is the brand I use for silicone strips. This is the tape I use to secure my strips. I cut the silicone strips packet in half the tape each end of the strip. I wear it all day and when I shower I wait 5 to 10 mins to make sure I am dry before applying the strips and tape. I also do not apply any lotion to my body after the shower until I have secured my silicone strips with the tape.

5 weeks PO

Things have been going well. I still have some really bad days where I have a lot of swelling. I worked out today and I over did it. My lower abs felt like I was having contractions... Odd to feel that way and not be pregnant. I can't wait to get more feeling in my lower abdominal muscles. I do get a little more feeling with each passing week. My scar looks amazing and there is no ropey feeling. It is nice and flat and I hope it stays that way.
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Sando is very personable and easy to talk to. His office staff is amazing and overall I have had an amazing experience and I am only post op day 2. He was highly recommended from my fellow colleagues in the medical field. I wanted to have liposuction on my outer thighs and he was very honest about not having a good outcome because of my skin integrity. He has only had my best interests in mind throughout this entire journey. I