My Recovery and Journey :) - Carmel, IN

I had a BA, anchor BL, and areola reduction on...

I had a BA, anchor BL, and areola reduction on 5/30/12. I have never been really happy with my breasts as I have always had a little sag due to having a natural C cup, but in retrospect, they looked great before kids lol! I did breastfeed both children, my 1st for 6 months and my 2nd for only a few weeks. The kids for sure did the girls in! I have wanted my boobs done for a LONG time and I knew I'd need a lift, but was terrified of the scarring and put it off because of that - I had to come to terms with the scarring if I wanted what I have always called "stripper titties" lol! I also educated myself and realized that if you do what they say to do, you will have minimal scarring. All I can say is that the pain was intense after and I definitely had "buyer's remorse!" For the first week post-op I couldn't believe I willingly did this to myself, but that passed and I'd do it all over because I look great now!!!! I love my boobs so much!

It has been a rough recovery for sure. I have had no real complications. I "spit" a ton of stitches and have a fair amount of scar tissue forming under my left areola incision because I didn't know how hard to massage. Now I know, MASSAGE TILL IT HURTS! My hope is that it'll all break up as I have also increased massaging to 4 x's daily vs 2-3. I would die if I had to have a revision surgery. And that is where my mixed feeling come in with my ps.... I do not feel like he explained very well how hard to massage, the depth, and what will happen if I don't do it properly. Maybe it's just a man/woman thing or because I am a RN and he thinks I should just know, idk, but I am suffering a minor consequence now from his lack of explanation and I am a cardiac RN - not a plastics nurse! I am going to post lots of pics before and throughout my recovery up to today. I did have alot done and would love to answer any questions because there are many stages to this healing process., physically, psycologically, and emotionally. It sucks being on tight restrictions for so long. I thought I would love it because I'd get a break from the kids and housework.... Not so much!

I got depressed. It took a week before I could even sit up on my own lol! I don't want to scare anyone, but I want to be real about it. As I said, as awful as it was, I'd do it again in a heart beat! I was measured at VS and I am a 34DD!!!! My mouth hit the floor because my mind hasn't caught up with my boobs yet:) It's definitely an adjustment and I look in the mirror sometimes in awe that these are really mine! I feel so much better about my body. I have a wonderful doting husband and we have always had a great sex life, but it has gotten better and we haven't even been able to really play much yet! Hope that isn't TMI or inappropriate, but I was shocked at how much sexier I felt almost immediately. I haven't got to the point that I can wear like a backless shirt out without worrying about a bra, but can't wait for that. I do wear like a spanx tank top around the house some without a bra and love the way they look. I wish I would have done this years ago!

Interesting piece of info... I went to see my PS...

Interesting piece of info... I went to see my PS because my scars were starting to widen. He told Me to stop massaging:) that it was mostly for redness and scar tissue. Once the skin has healed, you can actually cause that newer, fragile skin to breakdown from too much massaging, thus causing my scar to widen. I am elated! I feel as though I've graduated lol. I'm still doing silicone sheets to minimize this and a raised area I have under my breast. However, that's easy compared to massaging 5-10 min twice daily :) I'm right at the 8 month mark and time has flown by! I can't believe it.
Stanley Harper

I am torn on my ratings. My ps did an amazing job with my surgery, however, I feel that I am rushed out by him and didn't get great after care instructions.

Wow, LOVE your new pics!!!! I am so excited now.
:) I am so excited for you!!!
So you should be massaging it with force until it hurts? I would be scare to even touch them lol
I actually was told to stop massaging now its mainly for redness and scar tissue and mine is all gone :) It's soooo hard to do at first. Hurts very bad, but you have to push through and it gets better. I thought I was going to die at first lol. I just kept thinking how much I didn't want to have scars and that got me through
I think you look amazing! We have very similar pre-ops, how many CC's did you end up with?
Awe :) Thank you! I really do love them, but am regretting not going a little bigger. Since I got a full lift, I was limited with CC's. I got 240 cc implants filled to 265 in the left and 250 in the right... Yes, I am in under 300 cc club lol! I was already a full C, but lost size with all the extra skin that was removed. I wish I could've gone to 300 (left) and 285 (right), but then again I may have been too big, idk. My PS was definitely conservative and I look very classy with clothes on. He did a good job :)
Well I want exactly what you have! I have a feeling I will be in the under 300 club too because I am getting a full lift and right now a 32C..
That makes me feel sooooo good! I have good befores and after side by side pics that I just got taken at my ps office Thursday, so I can email those to you if you'd like? Feel free to use my pics on here too. The only downside to getting a lift at the same time is you compromise a little size, but I'm overall very pleased.
Karen1978, I added that photo for you :) if you need a better copy I'll email it to you :) when is your surgery?
Its March 7th!
Did you do saline or silicone?
I did saline high profile nattelle's. If mine ruptures I want to know immediately and mine feel soooo natural. My PS said there was NOT that big of a difference in the 2 and if I was nervous about silicone, go for saline.
*Natrelle's
Hi RN...you look great. your breasts have a pretty shape. I hope the scars continue to fade nicely. I use Mederma on mine daily and which helps fade a lot. Before the BA I could not fill out a B cup at VS, now I am wearing a D...woooo hooooo Lol It's thrilling to fill out pretty lingerie. Congrats on the new you & best wishes for many years of boobie bliss:-)
Thank you for the compliments! They are much appreciated:) Best of luck to you as well!
RNMommy, thanks for keepin' it real. This is surgery. It's serious. And for those of us who are all about taking care of others -- at work and at home -- where taking care of others is WHO we are... depression and alienation are gonna be part of the trip. Thanks for keepin' that real too. And, finally, I have been looking and find very little written that is frank and candid about S E X and our own enjoyment of our own bodies. Thanks! I dig that a lot. If I ever end up getting wheeled into an ER, I hope I'm looking up at your DDs.
Awe:) You rock! Thanks for the encouragement!
Hi RN mommy I too had my surgery 5/ 30/12 .I had breast lift with implants.My recovery was really smooth sailing.no problems at all.The part that bothered me most was not being able to workout.I healed better than my Ps thought and was cleared of restrictions at 5 weeks.Back at the gym and taking it real slooooow.a little tightness but gets better everyday.I had 360 cc in one breast 340 in the other I am a 38 c I have salines under the muscle moderate plus.I massage at least 2 times a day sometimes more so my muscle can soften up for upper body weights.Hope all is well with you.Everyday will get better and better.
That's cool we share the same surgery date! How's it going for you now?