Near Six Weeks and Still Pain and Swelling - Carlsbad, CA

I've had lipo of whole torso and a mini tummy(...

I've had lipo of whole torso and a mini tummy( from back of buttocks) almost six weeks now. Just in process of healing.

I was very sick after two weeks. Rather than getting better, got worse. Witching hour was bedtime. Woke each night bursting with pain, inflammation, nausea. Stopped eating. Went to ER day 3 of week three. Intestines were swollen. Advised not to use compression. Or take anything. Was put on seven day liquid diet. Ten days no solids made me very week.

Tonight is day five of week six. Pain happens like waves. Of nausea, encompassing my whole torso and neck area( that was lipo the next day). I'm very tired of the pain and inflammation. I keep my fluids up., water that is. I keep busy but need rest, my swelling gets worse. Sometimes my compression is the source of my pain.

For this I wear varied degrees of compression. Tight in am, break in noon, lighter following. My doctor suggests a clincher pull up, by Flexi, this helps keep me elongated and protects my waist while sitting and wearing clothing that pinches my waist. Still, even this will add to my pain.

My first couple of weeks were more painful, and emotionally I was sensitized. I felt the whole procedure, not just the funny feeling of the canules pressing into me; I felt pain, lots of pain. When the cutting for Tummy happened I mentioned I could feel that! Near the end, I asked to be put out. I felt not just drugged up in the end, I was exhausted and traumatized by all the pain I experienced from the procedure.

Today I look good, but still have a lot of healing to do. My doctor worked hard on me, my fat was very fibrous. I also lost a lot of blood. My weight the morning of surgery was, 155. I'm five feet seven, and fifty years of age. Non smoker, non drinker. I weigh now, 145. Sometimes 150. I still have numbness, swelling and pain. My lifetime has been very physical, giving me a very athletic look. I believe this is why my fat was fibrosis and so much work for my doctor.

Would I do this knowing the physical pain and stress my body and mental, emotional challenge? No. I feel more information needs to be provided on pain, inflammation, recovery, emotions. I was so sensitized following this, I could not even watch programs containing violence. Maybe as my doctor mentioned, my case is rare, but as I hear from others, maybe not so rare. Still rare or not it's wise to be informative of diet, stressing importance of rest and side affects of recovering from meds too.
8600

How are you now, one year later?
Carlsbad Plastic Surgeon

I like dr. Seare. He has a very busy schedule and does more liposuction than the rest in so. Cal. His before after photos are better than the rest in the southern California region. His office is clean and attractive and his staff is great too.