Traumatic Experience in 2008. Closed Rhinoplasty in 2009 to Fix. Still HATING my Nose Today! :( :( :( - Canada

Here is my story...When I was growing up I never...

Here is my story...When I was growing up I never paid attention to my nose or felt self-conscious about it in any way. But, in 2008 in a really bad incident I got hit in the nose and it seemed to have shifted my nose and the bone then stuck out like a bump on the left side of my nose. I was able to get closed rhinoplasty (non-cosmetic) done through insurance coverage in 2009 and I had hoped that things would go back to normal...sadly I was wrong. My nose got straightened and the bump was slightly shaved down (and the right side for some reason too), but I am still left with a significant bump on the left side of my nose and now my cartilage (primarily near the tip) appears asymmetrical. I was initially obsessed with fixing my post-injury nose and now I am obsessed with fixing my post-injury AND post-surgery nose.

Nobody seems to understand but this has truly been traumatic for me. I hate looking at my nose in the mirror and every time I do, it upsets me knowing that my nose now is not the original nose I was born with. I was not happy with the first surgeon I went to and do not want to go back to him because he didn’t seem to care about my results (maybe because my insurance paid for it and it wasn’t cosmetic). I am willing to travel wherever I need to in order to fix this.

The main things that I dislike and want changed are that the tip seems too bulbous and the cartilage appears uneven—the right side above the tip is more rounded than the left which dips in and it looks weird especially when I smile. I also really dislike the bump on the right side of my nose which is only slightly apparent from a full side profile, but which makes my nose look HUGE from my right side profile at an angle.

I would like to know if it is possible for rhinoplasty to help me or if it might only make things worse? Also, I am not sure if this would be considered primary or revision rhinoplasty due to my procedure back in 2009?

I would also like to add that I feel a space...

I would also like to add that I feel a space between the bones on my bridge and am worried that it could be an open roof deformity :(

I need to find a surgeon ASAP. Any recommendations, particularly in Canada, would be appreciated!

I was referred to this Surgeon by my Doctor. He was very cold and rushed through every appointment. After the surgery he did not seem interested in any of my concerns.

Hi there,

I'm sorry your results were so not what you wanted. Since you've had rhinoplasty once, this would be considered a revision. We're starting to add Canadian doctors to the site. If you go to the top of the screen and click on Doctor Finder that should help you locate one close to your area.

Are you on the West coast?I have seen Dr Naficy's (in Seattle) noses and they are excellent.
No I actually live more Central, but I am honestly willing to travel where ever I need to (within North America) to get this resolved! Thanks for the suggestion and I will look into him!
My doctor recommended I go to a ent/plasic surgeon. There are plastic surgeons who used to be e.n.t. Drs. I have truelly felt the sadness and emotional pain. We have to try to remember we are not are noses. We are more than just a nose.
I wish you the best. Keep hope. And pray.
I would google rhinoseptoplasty / plastic surgeons. Get a couple of opinions. If possible look in Kentucky or other local states. Look at Dr.s before and after work.
I kind of have been in similar situation. I really hate this. Keep the hope, see a plastic surgeon. Make sure you breathing is not compromised. Follow peace.
Yah its a horrible situation to be in. I'm looking for another surgeon right now but there seems to be good and bad things about every surgeon which makes it hard to choose.
I'll be getting my nose job with Dr. Grigoryants in December. Check out his website... it might be worth the trip down for you. (He's in Glendale, California - near L.A.). I'm pretty sure he does long distance consults. Good luck, no matter what!