Smartxide Dot - Canada

I had the smartxide dot because I had...

I had the smartxide dot because I had "smokers" lip lines and wrinkles under my eyes. The doctor said one session should do it because she would be using fairly aggressive settings. It was almost unbearably painful - I had no painkillers, only the cooling air hose which I had to direct onto the area as she worked. The downtime was much longer than I was told it would be as well - it took 10 days to be sort of presentable, foundation only showed up the peeling skin and I had to avoid work for almost 2 weeks. My neck and face broke out in huge sore pimples (I am 58) and even now, 4 months later I had another one break out on my chin last week - like something a 13 year old would get. I can't figure out why people say this process got rid of the lines above their lips, because I have had 2 very painful treatments on my mouth and chin area and I cannot say it looks any better. The skin on my neck is in fact looser than it was before I had this done (I only had one session on my neck), and the skin below my eyes appears to be looser as well. I am a fairly healthy person, take vitamins every day, took extra vitamin C while I was healing, did all the things I was supposed to do, yet it seems to have been a waste of time. So as far as it being a small amount of downtime compared to traditional CO2 laser, I completely disagree. I have had to hide out both times for at least 10 days - 2 of my sisters have had traditional CO2 laser and they had a similar amount of downtime, but they only had to do it once. Plus, they did not have these severe pimple outbreaks (that the doctor can't understand, by the way and suggested that maybe I had pimples before the laser. As I said, I am 58 and have not had pimples in 30+ years prior to this.

I had no problems specifically with the doctor, just the fact that this was hyped up to be so effective, yet it doesn't seem to be living up to the hype.