Smartxide Dot - Canada

I had the smartxide dot because I had...

I had the smartxide dot because I had "smokers" lip lines and wrinkles under my eyes. The doctor said one session should do it because she would be using fairly aggressive settings. It was almost unbearably painful - I had no painkillers, only the cooling air hose which I had to direct onto the area as she worked. The downtime was much longer than I was told it would be as well - it took 10 days to be sort of presentable, foundation only showed up the peeling skin and I had to avoid work for almost 2 weeks. My neck and face broke out in huge sore pimples (I am 58) and even now, 4 months later I had another one break out on my chin last week - like something a 13 year old would get. I can't figure out why people say this process got rid of the lines above their lips, because I have had 2 very painful treatments on my mouth and chin area and I cannot say it looks any better. The skin on my neck is in fact looser than it was before I had this done (I only had one session on my neck), and the skin below my eyes appears to be looser as well. I am a fairly healthy person, take vitamins every day, took extra vitamin C while I was healing, did all the things I was supposed to do, yet it seems to have been a waste of time. So as far as it being a small amount of downtime compared to traditional CO2 laser, I completely disagree. I have had to hide out both times for at least 10 days - 2 of my sisters have had traditional CO2 laser and they had a similar amount of downtime, but they only had to do it once. Plus, they did not have these severe pimple outbreaks (that the doctor can't understand, by the way and suggested that maybe I had pimples before the laser. As I said, I am 58 and have not had pimples in 30+ years prior to this.

I had no problems specifically with the doctor, just the fact that this was hyped up to be so effective, yet it doesn't seem to be living up to the hype.

Wow same here, didn't do nothing for me plus had break out like never before. :( Never again
I had the DOT therapy on Thursday October, 11th 2012. I had the Lignocaine cream on my face for an hour and aslo found the procedure to be unbearable it wasn't the little sting that some of the comments had said...It was torture. I made the mistake of opening my eyes a little and cold not see after that due to the pain until be put anaesthetic eye drops in a few times.I think it was the smoke from the burnt skin that caused so much pain. My face on the second day looked like a baboons bum and a pufferfish. It is Sunday now and I can start to see my face and I am starting peel. My doctor charged me $1400. normally he charges $2000. Au
Good luck to you. I was hoping after all the pain & hideous after-appearance, to see wonderful improvement after healing. Unfortunately, it was not worth $20 to me, certainly not the $2,000 I paid in North Dallas.
Its not fair and should be marketed properly or i should have researched better. I one way i may be a little lucky that if im not happy my GP will see me every fortnight with a disappointed patient and he will need to do something to fix it. So there was no improvements at all?? that is so disappointing I'm like you nanSUE want to see that $2000 improvement
I too had DOT 6 months ago in Dallas - what a WASTE of $$$$ - I could not be MORE disappointed.
Nansue is your face still itchy? mine drives me crazy im always rubbing and scratching my face..Pros: I have found the darkness under my eyes have lightened my skin is smoother and a little brighter but looks uneven and still red. I wouldnt recommend this procedure either, there has to be something better out there that gets the results we all want with less torture.
Update? Would you now recommend this to anyone?
NEVER - not unless they just wanted to spend $2,000 to have their face set on fire, and then look like Elephant Man for over a week - with no real visible improvements in their appearance after all that...
My step daughter did this laser last year and she is 49. Severe looking pimples appeared on her already gorgeous skin and kept popping up. Turns out is was a MRSA infection. Get checked! It also was in her nose, where it thrived.

Wow, it really sounds like you had a pretty rough experience. I'm sorry to hear that. :( I'm assuming you hadn't planned on being out of work for 2 weeks. Did that turn out ok for you?