Smartxide Dot - Canada

I had the smartxide dot because I had...

I had the smartxide dot because I had "smokers" lip lines and wrinkles under my eyes. The doctor said one session should do it because she would be using fairly aggressive settings. It was almost unbearably painful - I had no painkillers, only the cooling air hose which I had to direct onto the area as she worked. The downtime was much longer than I was told it would be as well - it took 10 days to be sort of presentable, foundation only showed up the peeling skin and I had to avoid work for almost 2 weeks. My neck and face broke out in huge sore pimples (I am 58) and even now, 4 months later I had another one break out on my chin last week - like something a 13 year old would get. I can't figure out why people say this process got rid of the lines above their lips, because I have had 2 very painful treatments on my mouth and chin area and I cannot say it looks any better. The skin on my neck is in fact looser than it was before I had this done (I only had one session on my neck), and the skin below my eyes appears to be looser as well. I am a fairly healthy person, take vitamins every day, took extra vitamin C while I was healing, did all the things I was supposed to do, yet it seems to have been a waste of time. So as far as it being a small amount of downtime compared to traditional CO2 laser, I completely disagree. I have had to hide out both times for at least 10 days - 2 of my sisters have had traditional CO2 laser and they had a similar amount of downtime, but they only had to do it once. Plus, they did not have these severe pimple outbreaks (that the doctor can't understand, by the way and suggested that maybe I had pimples before the laser. As I said, I am 58 and have not had pimples in 30+ years prior to this.

Wow same here, didn't do nothing for me plus had break out like never before. :( Never again
I had the DOT therapy on Thursday October, 11th 2012. I had the Lignocaine cream on my face for an hour and aslo found the procedure to be unbearable it wasn't the little sting that some of the comments had said...It was torture. I made the mistake of opening my eyes a little and cold not see after that due to the pain until be put anaesthetic eye drops in a few times.I think it was the smoke from the burnt skin that caused so much pain. My face on the second day looked like a baboons bum and a pufferfish. It is Sunday now and I can start to see my face and I am starting peel. My doctor charged me $1400. normally he charges $2000. Au
Good luck to you. I was hoping after all the pain & hideous after-appearance, to see wonderful improvement after healing. Unfortunately, it was not worth $20 to me, certainly not the $2,000 I paid in North Dallas.

I had no problems specifically with the doctor, just the fact that this was hyped up to be so effective, yet it doesn't seem to be living up to the hype.