Happy with my Invisalign!

I'm 52 years old and began my invisalign...

I'm 52 years old and began my invisalign treatment in May '11. I'm on tray 17 and I'm very happy with my progress so far. I tend to clench my teeth at the front, which actually has been helpful in moving along at about 10-11 days a tray. My orthodontist checked at my last visit, saying I'm not having any splaying of my back molars, so all is well. I began at the second tray with my 5 attachments, so I've had the "snap-on" experience from the start. Mostly hate it when I occasionally catch my lip while taking them in or out. Otherwize, it's been fine. The pressure and tenderness go away within a couple of days per tray. I see it as a pretty inoucuous way to overcome my lifelong desire for straight teeth! Another 15 trays to go and I'm set for the rest of my life! I'll load some pictures soon.

How great that you have had such good results so far! I have to ask out of curiosity, did your dentist advise you to move to new trays after 10-11 days or did you decide that yourself?

Can't wait to see pictures! :)

Well, no. At first he advised 14 days, but when I told him that the trays were becoming looser at about 10 or 11, he said to go ahead and try changing them, but just not to rush it. If they are still tight, I stay with them until I know I am ready to move on. I hope I can get the photos from my Orthodontist as I didn't take any of my own.

I'm glad to hear he gave you the ok to move ahead sooner though, if you know you are ready. I've heard of some people doing it on their own and then as treatment moves on they don't end up getting the results they wanted and are very disappointed, so well done on checking with your doctor!

I'm guessing your orthodontist office would be happy to share your pictures with you. :)

Done after 5 additional months!

So it has been a while... I may seem weird, but I didn't mind the process at all. I never thought of the pressure or tenderness of the teeth moving as "pain". I followed the instruction of brushing my teeth after eating EVERY time, and man, did I have great results with my oral health because of it. Routine cleanings were a snap and my gum and bone health improved to A+ ratings. So, what happened? I had trouble with my lower eye teeth not turning, which is the only real problem I had with Invisalign. This caused my Orthodontist to reorder the last half of the program to double the amount of trays/time. This was fine with me, and I would change my trays only when they were "loosening" as the teeth conformed. Then, when we had gone as far as we could with it, he recommended the metal for my lower eye teeth, to get them perfectly aligned. This was part of the cost, and I was up for it. That partial in metal was for tour more months. Now, I am so very happy with my smile!! Doing all this saved at least two teeth, that had a tartar secret up under my gumline, that could have cost me losing them. I am not whistling on my "s" anymore, and I feel I gained a lot of self esteem about my appearance.
Thanks for sharing. I'm actually having trouble with my eye teeth as well, especially the right bottom one. My dentist keeps having to file it to make room for it to move up straight into the tray. My teeth are coming along well and I have only two problem teeth. They put these big buttons on those two teeth and I have to wear rubber bands on them to help try to move them. They said I can get fast braces if this doesn't work. I'm assuming that might be what you got when you said metal. I'm getting discouraged and ready to have them off but I have worn them for two years already and I don't want to give up! It's just taking so long.....
Minneapolis Orthodontist

I have had a great experience with my Orthodontist from the very first visit. I am happy to recommend him to anyone interested in this kind of straightening treatment!