Am I Too Old? - Camarillo, CA

I did not want to enter my 60's with a...

I did not want to enter my 60's with a growning abdomen and waist. Let's face it, it happens. I have thought about it for 2 years and decided that if I was going to do this I needed to jump in with both feet.

The pain for the first week was the worst. Keep up on your meds and it will be tolerable. After that it is a no brainer. I was off work for 3 weeks. Not good, but necessary. Every week now I look down at the absolute flat stomach and love it. I am afraid I will see the old belly. So I am flashing my husband all day. I can't believe I did this. It has been 14 weeks now and couldn't be happier.

Simi Valley Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Improta is a professional. Kind, considerate, all the patience for questions from me and my husband.

Kit, I would tell you to go for it. Get the consultation and see what they have to say. Do you intend to lose more weight? If so, I would wait till you lose because there could be more skin. If you are close to your ideal weight, within 20 lbs. go for it. Talk to your doctor about realistic results. At our age, we don't have the elasticity the younger women do. The results can't be like a 40 year old. But I am telling you, it is so worth it. It keeps you motivated to watch your diet, to exercise and stay young. So go see that professional.
Its nice to know how other 60's year olds are handling it. I am 66 and consider getting a TT. Tried calling for a consultation but chickened out.
I have lost over 80 lbs the last couple of years plus another 50 earlier so have a lot of extra skin hanging down that I am tired of.
Yes, I have. I first have to get them from my Surgeon. Then figure out how to get them on here. This part is all new to me. Be patient. I can do this too.
You sure can! I look forward to seeing your pics.
He couldn't be happier. He says he would love to have it done too. He can't believe his eyes whenever I flash him through the day. I have never looked this flat my whole life. I have always had just a slight pouch but it has gotten more pronounced with age. I am 5 ft. 5 inches and weigh 122 lbs. The weight wasn't my problem, it was gravity. So here I am with a new body and a big smile on my face. I haven't bought any new pants yet. I seem to be shrinking weekly. Yes, Yes, Yes.
I'm sure you look stunning. Have you considered posting before and after pics? I'm having my TT on 10-07-11 and looking at the before and after pics helps keep me motivated to have the surgery.
No I did not. My husband was my nurse. He was great. Lots to do the first week, with drains catheter, pain pouch and medications. I felt very comfortable at home knowing I could contact my surgeon if I needed help in any way. But he explained every step that would occur daily, so I had no surprises. I love my new look and am stronger everyday.
Your husband sounds wonderful! What does he think of your new body?
Good for you! I'm sure you look and feel great. Did you have to stay in the hospital overnight?

LOL you are so funny!  Keep flashing that man and keep his heart pumping.  I bet he loves it:)

Thank you for posting your review.  This is very helpful for all women going through or planning on going through this process!

This is very inspiring for all women entering their 60's!  See ladies you can do this no matter what your age.

Keep posting and let us all know how you are doing.