Getting Rid of my Little Secret - California - Feeling great...just waiting for my scar to fade

I'm a 5'5" 110 lb mother of two teens...

I'm a 5'5" 110 lb mother of two teens. I have always been slim and my weight hasn't changed much since I was in high school, except for when I was pregnant. I got huge!! I gained 50 lbs with each pregnancy and both babies were over 9 lbs. Guess my skin wasn't so stretchy.

My belly looks yucky. See for yourself. Eww, right? I'm having this surgery for ME. Sure, I may look fine with clothes on, I just tuck my loose skin in my jeans, wear a long shirt, and nobody knows, but I do.. I'm tired of feeling embarrassed in a two piece swimsuit and I want something back that I haven't seen in almost 20 years - my belly button.

Tomorrow is the big day! I'm not feeling so scared right now. I hope all goes well :)

I made it!!! I'm finally feeling good enough to...

I made it!!! I'm finally feeling good enough to use my computer and write an update. The surgery went fine. I didn't need a vertical incision. My skin had to stretch a long way so I won't be standing up straight anytime soon. It was a very long day and the evening seemed to go on forever. I was SOOO thirsty and hungry when I got home. Luckily I didn't feel nauseated so I really downed a lot of liquids and ate anything my husband brought me. The bad thing is I had to pee like every hour and I was completely uncomfortable trying to sleep sitting up. I only got about three hours of sleep the first night. The next day I got up and walked through the house. Wow, was that a challenge! I was extremely hunched over and hanging on to my husband with every slow step. I spend most of the day on pain pills, watching tv, and resting. I got a good nights sleep and today I feel much better. The only pain I feel is in my back. All that hunching over is killing me. I am able to walk about the house unassisted today. My stomach has been gurgling and gassy. Don't know why. Oh, my big accomplishment for today was getting my hair washed :) It so needed it!!

One month post op today. I feel great and I'm so...

One month post op today. I feel great and I'm so happy I had it done!! I've been using a spanx type garment instead of my binder for about a week now. I love it!! Maybe it's just a coincidence, but a majority of my swelling went away once I switched. I also like that I can get into my jeans again. Ahhh the feeling of wearing normal non-stretch pants...it's wonderful! The binder was too bulky to fit inside my jeans. I only wear the spanx during the day. It feels nice to have a little support. At night I feel comfortable sleeping without anything.

I'm standing up straighter now, but I still have a ways to go. I can't arch my back so my butt is flat and I my upper body is still leaning forward. I can see that I'm progressing so I'm not too worried about it, but I must admit it's my biggest complaint. I was very flexible and active before my TT. I miss it. I could do cartwheels before and I plan on doing them again...hopefully by the summer...and while wearing a bikini, of course :D

One hellovah scar but WOW u look awesome! Hows the BB?? Are you happy w/ur results thus far???
So sweet, mom2! Thanks!!
Oh my...you look great!!
Hi Shoes! Really, really great results-you look fantastic!! :)
Thanks Bell :)
Wow! You look so amazing already, I can't imaine what a couple more months is going to do for you!
Thanks finally! Every week I feel so much better than the last. You will get there, too. The first few weeks were the worst - the lack of sleep, the pain, and the terrible backache from not standing up straight. So glad that's behind me.
You look great! Would you mind to tell me who is your doctor? I would like to have a tummy tuck but a few doctors I've met doesn't a good review. Thanks
Thanks Kimo :)
Wow shoez you look fantastic!!!!!
Thanks mm! It sure is great to lose my play dough belly. I'm so tight now...I can't pinch anything, lol.
You look hot, Shoesz!!

Don't worry, Janes - I am right there with you!
Thanks Maumee :)
Wow you look awesome shoez!!! Where the heck is YOUR swelling!?! No fair! Lol
You should see mine, I look 3 mos preg :(
Haha! Oh, it's there. It's not that noticeable during the day, but I see it in the evening, especially if I eat out - ughh! I saw you posted that your swelling went down. That's great!! I know we are all so anxious to feel like our old selves again. It's slow but we need to remember how far we've come.
Amen to that!!!
How are you doing, Shoesz?
Hi Maumee, I just wrote an update :) I can't believe it's been one whole month!
You look wonderful!!!
You look great! I've had such a hard time finding anyone with a body like mine that has had a tummy tuck (thin, good shape, but bad loose skin), but your stomach looked EXACTLY like mine does now. Giving me hope!
Thanks Bek! Do you have a TT scheduled? I took me over a year to finally get up the courage to have it done. I'm very pleased with my results :) My scar is low and most of my stretch marks are gone for good!
You look great
Shoesz - you look SOOOO GOOD!!!
shoes
You look fantastic! Good for you. I know how it feels to have everyone else say you look great but you know "it" is under there....but no more. Congratulations!
Thanks mm!