Getting Ready Fot my Tt (Sle)

I'm having surgery for a tt in a few weeks,...

I'm having surgery for a tt in a few weeks, I'm very scared bc I have Lupus. I've been reading all the comments of some of the docs on here..some do not sound very optimistic. I do trust my doctor a 100%..I made sure all my docs were aware of it, the all gave me their ok. I have been in remission for almost 2yrs now.

Posted some pics yesterday but I don't c...

posted some pics yesterday but I don't c them??..here is another one : ) Btw, I'm 39yrs mother of one, had an emergency c-section 8yrs ago my doctor did a good job w/it, I'm hoping my PS can use the same scar for my TT, i like where he made the incision. I'm hoping I can wear this bikini after my TT : )

A couple more pics, can't wait to post the...

a couple more pics, can't wait to post the after pics!!!

Ok...today is THE DAY!!! Wish me luck, please keep...

Ok...today is THE DAY!!! Wish me luck, please keep me in your prayers. Will post updates as soon as I'm uable to ; )

Day #3 Doing well don't have any major pain,...

day #3 Doing well don't have any major pain, i'm draining a lot less than the 1st couple of days, i think i'm going to call my PS to c if he needs to take the drains out. Let me just say, I'm so happy and thank God everything has gone well for me. I'm hoping my recovery continues to go as smooth as my surgery. I had a great team of doctors and nuses during my procedure. I'll post pics as soon as i get my drains out, so you can see my super flat tummy. OOOhhh...one thing that did go wrong was a got sick yesterday, but that was my fault for not eating before I took my meds, I threw-up..it was not fun at all it hurt really...really..really BAD..sooo don't make the same mistake make you EAT BEfore u take your meds especially vicodin. Ok that's all for now, if you ladies have any ?'s please le me know..nd..if for some reason some of this does not make sense..sorry it's the vicodin taking for me...lol

Hello everyone, today is day #5 post-op. Well.....

Hello everyone, today is day #5 post-op. Well...I'm happy to repost that i got my drains out yesterday, when they wer taken them out it felt like a little pinch on each side. The nurse put neosporin on each side and put some pads over them, I did leak a little but not much after they were taken out. Today I was also able to take my 1sr shower....it felt soooo good : ) I feel much better now, the only thing that's kind of annoying is the garment...it makes me itch. I'm also able to stand up all the way, it does hurt when I do it...but I'm happy that I'm able to do it. Just FYI, I'm sooo happy everything is goig well with my recovery, God is definitely looking out for me, I'm also glad I split the procedures, I'm waiting to get better to get my ba... In my opinion, your mentality also has alot to do on how fast ur going to bounce from this procedure, so always think possitive thoughts...good luck to those who are thinking of doing a tt : )

After pics

after pics

7days post op

7days post op

will let you know after surgery

I have mild Connective Tissue Disease/Lupus like for 15 years now...no meds, controlled with rest, diet and exercise. I am looking to have a TT and BA in a month and wondering if there are any tips you can provide? Did your rheumatologist OK a BA for you? Thanks~!
I am so happy for you your new tummy is a beauty!!!
thank you, I'm happy of how it came out. Now just waiting to do my BA...can't wait!!
Hey lady, just wanted to know how ur doing after ur surgery. Hopefully ur drains r out, and ur up and about =) HAPPY HEALING!
hi, today is day 5 post-op I'm doing well no problems other then when I took my meds w/out food it made me sick...not fun!! Yes< my doc took my drains out yesterday...today I was able to shower...yiiipe!! I'm sooo lucky everything is going so smoothly, I know my guardian angel is looking out for me. I'm hoping everything continues to go the same : ) Thanks : )
Well its the big day! I hope all is well with you and your recovery I hope to hear of your post op experience soon! :-)
Heoo, everything went well, did not have any problems during surgery. So far I don't feel pain, I have been taken viccodin which helps. I have been able to walkhat bad around by myself, my huuby and my daugther r helping qith drains...which are no that bad. the ony discomfort is the bending when I walk. So far so good, so don't worry about it, you'll do fine : ) If I can do it..so can u
how are you recovering and what was the total cost ?
hi, the cost was 5700, I'm going today for my surgery..will post updates later (if i'm up for it)
I am super excited for you. I was as nervous because of the diabetes. Every blood test they took I held my breath. I am sure you will love your results and that bikini will look amazing !!!
thanks, all my test were ok. I'm getting ready right now to go get my surgery let u know later how it went : )
got it, thanks Bell4 : )
To update ur profile giro MY PROFiLE then edit it's above where ur profile name is at.. Hope this helps..
Thanks Speedracer : ) I have my pre-op on the 11th, will b having my surgery on the 17th. The closer it gets the more nervous I become...I've been exercising to get ready for the surgery, I'm praying I don't get any flare ups or any infections after, bc of my Lupus that is my main concern. Next week I will also b getting some blood work done, so I hope it shows that I'm still in remission, I know I am since I have not felt fatigue for awhile, I'm trying to remain calm 'cause if I stress too much I may cause a flare-up, don't want that : ) I am very petite so I'm sure the surgery wont take long, I also don't have a big tummy...what bothers me are the strech marks I got after I had my lil one and 'casue I was on high dosages of prednisone which casues ppl to gain weight, which I did. Anyway, will let you ladies know next week how it went : ) Thanks ladies, will keep you posted
I've been wanting to update my posting for a while too, used to be easy. On another note, I hope that your surgery goes well and your healing is quick. I couldn't imagine having Lupus and going through it, your a tough cookie! Congrats and good luck!!!
can someone please tell me how to update my posting?
Thanks ladies, will do. Just to let you all know, this is something I've been thinking about for awhile,so I did do my research. I have had several surgeries in the pass, c-section, 7 hands surgeries due to my lupus and a splenectomy, so as u can see, I have been under the knife several times. I know this surgery is going to be more complicated then my previous ones, but I have faith everything will turn out ok. I want my body back, I had my one and only child 8 yrs ago. I'm also thinking of getting a BA but not sure if I should get seline or silicone, I think I want silicone bc I hear they look/feel more natural. I did talk to my docs about it and they said it would be ok too as long as I don't do the procedures together. Do any of you know anyone w/ lupus that has had either one of this procedures??..how did they do after?? I would especially like to know about the implants.
Hoping for a great outcome for you! Keep us updated on how you're feeling and healing!
I hope everything goes well for you. Please let us know how you are doing after surgery!
Best of luck to you. I had a friend that have lupus and she did lipo 10 years ago. She did have a flair up but I don't think lipo was the cause, it happened years later. Keep us posted.