March 7 TT and Lipo - California

I have 2 kids under 4. I had 2 c-sections. After...

i have 2 kids under 4. I had 2 c-sections. After my last pregnancy i ballooned to about 240. I lost about 70 lbs in 18 months. i have a lot of extra skin and i was originally going to do just lipo when my neighbor got a tummy tuck. I had never even considered it before. it looked amazing. I went for a consult about 10 months ago and couldn't get it out of my head. im going to finally do it! I'm a little nervous especially because it cost so much. i could pay a lot of bills with that money. But i always come back to wanting it so im going to go for it!

So things are starting to get real! im realizing i...

so things are starting to get real! im realizing i only have 5 more work days before the surgery. my house is a mess. im worried my sis in law wont make it up in time to watch the kids (no reason - just thinking worst case scenarios!) my husband gets back the day after the surgery and i havent seen him in months. so im freaking out a little. i feel like ive read all the posts twice- but i need to make a list of what i should do when and what to buy. —yeah, im a little bit of a control freak:) but i find lists calming. In fact writing this review and posting pics were on my list! so here i am! but…. i was driving today, and i looked down and saw this roll of skin bulging in and through my seat belt- and my anxiety melted away-for the moment- because i know this would really improve my self image and the way my body looks and fits in clothes. and if you can't be happy in your own skin- where can you be- i just want to be happier in less of it. Yes, i could live a perfectly normal happy life without this procedure- but why?! People dont perform surgery with whiskey while chewing on a leather strap any more- No- we must take advantage of medical advances!… anyway, i think this update is more to help me keep it together. i finally took a few before photos. after looking at them im more happy than ever to be having this done!!! Im just hoping to hear some positive encouragement from all the march 1-4 ladies after your surgeries. we are all doing this together! and im so glad! im not sure if i could feel this confident without all the connections information and support!

Day of surgery i woke up with no pain from...

day of surgery i woke up with no pain from anesthesia. i was feeling pretty good. i got home, had no nausea.i walked around a bit. about 6 hrs after i woke from anesthesia i started to feel some pain when moving. but it was really only when i was getting i and out of bed. my biggest problem was i could not fall asleep. it is currently 7pm the day after surgery and i have only slept 2 hrs since i woke from anesthesia yesterday. my pills are keeping me up- but i just got a prescription sleep aid that im going to take in a few minutes. I have been able to slowly get in and out of bed by myself. that is painfull. Coughing is the worst. right now- even though i have a compression garment from my toes to just under my boobs, i can feel i am swollen. the binder is much tighter and a little uncomfortable. before i went in for surgery i was 174lbs. he removed 7.5 lbs of skin and fat but my swelling and water retention has me at 177. so i figure i have about 11lbs of water weight and swelling that should be coming off. also i measured my waist (smallest part, middle part of hourglass) before i was 35.5 relaxed and 33 if i tightened my muscles. i measured today over the binder and swelling- and im at a 29 inch waist!!! last time i had a 29 inch waist i was 15 yrs old! i measured my butt and thighs before too, but there is too much gauss for a reading now. also my thighs don't touch when i walk! hallelujah! i think i was 10-11 years old last time that was true. i havent eaten much today. some ensure, eggplant, banana grapes and a whey protein shake. and i was full all day. i had to up my pain meds- i have a really high tolerance due to extended previous use with my back surgeries- so im taking 20 mg of percocet every 4 hours. post op day 1 is about over. it has been better than expected.

Today is PO day 4. yesterday i felt fairly good....

today is PO day 4. yesterday i felt fairly good. today i felt even better. i have been able to eat, and get in and out of bed. had my baby lay gently on my lap. But then i decided to take a shower- the shower went well- but i took off my binder for the first time. and i saw my incision for the first time. I think i hit the OMG why did i do this phase. i feel like frankenstein. is my body every going to look right. ugh. would i have rather had my squishy smooth fat than this hideous scar? The only hope i am clinging too is all the comments from people that felt the same way then were happy when they healed. either way, i can't undo it. so it will have to be ok. i just need to get by this phase.

PO day 6. first post op apt with PS. got my drain...

PO day 6. first post op apt with PS. got my drain out. man, i feel like a completely new person just in 2 days since sunday. i drove and went shopping by myself. i think i am now over the OMG why did i do this phase. so happy that phase only lasted 2 days. but i swear its like clockwork- how most people go through the 5 stages of grieving- seems like most people have the same stages post op at some point. my scar looks so much better in just 2 days too. hoping to upload a new photo later tonight. I can start using Mederma, and going out for walks, also i can pick my baby up a limited amount. so im feeling pretty happy. I'm still working on standing up straight and im exahusted after being up for 4 hours straight. everyday is better! My PS said i am healing excellently, which i am thankful for.

Added pic

added pic

You look great definite hour glass shape, your thighs are still swollen!!!!! You look fabulous and will only get better with time, I would be very pleased!!!!
Your body looks fabulous! I am loving the hour glass figure. You must be super excited with your new body. Congrats on getting the drains out. I am on post op day 11 and I still have 2 drains. I am so annoyed by them and my PS is pretty strict about when he removes them. Has to be less than 10cc in each drain and the color has to be yellow. Argg.. this is torture for me. It's great that you have been able to be active again. Just be careful and try not to over do it.
You look fantastic, such a pretty hourglass shape!
you look great! Even with all the bruising! I'm going to be pretty bruised up myself! Rest, rest and more rest! And get those compression garments back on!
You look great! What a transformation. You should be very pleased. Happy continued healing.
Congrats you look so good already!!
Glad to hear you are getting along so well! Can't wait to see more pics!
Don't put too much thought into your scar right now. It is a moment of total shock when you first see it but it will dramatically change over the next 3 weeks. You look great. Right now just focus on relaxing and letting your body heal. You will feel like a new person in no time at all.

Oh girl it's ok!  The first look is always a bit hard and shocking but that's part of it.

That scar will fade and you will love the results later.  You look soooo good!   You have an amazing transformation and I just know if a couple of weeks you will feel differently.  Take it from someone who was a complete spaz the first week:)

Oh hun the ups and downs come it is a terribly huge scar but I can assure you they will fade and we are going to be way happier with our flubber hacked off than the tiny scar that will remain! You look great the bruising looks so bad, everyday you will feel differently!!!
Your scar is big like everyone else's but its LOW!!!! Mine goes higher up one side, than I'd prefer.
I know what you mean Mandelion. These ups and downs really suck. I haven't seen my scar yet, but just yesterday I was obessessing over the location of my scar. I wish it would have been a bit lower. My husband had to console me. I guess this is all normal stuff... it stinks we have to go through it. One thing that is on your side is that you are very fair skinned. They say scars on fair skinned people tend to blend in a bit more. Give it time. Happy Healing!
Looking good! What a transformation. I don't like my incision either..mine is as long as yours. It will look better with time..that's what we have to keep thinking. You traded ur belly for no belly so the scar will be tolerable & a badge of bravery! ;)
thanks ladies! i shed 3 lbs of water weight overnight. but i can't eat anything and even smelling food makes me sick. i cant wait to feel better. but i know its coming! i was able to doze off for a few min, and i had some horrible dreams. i havent seen my incision yet, and i had a dream i was cut all the way around the middle and all the way under my boobs and i had franken thighs. scary. i have now switched to motrin, just incase it was the meds!
You Look Awesome. I can totally see the difference. My surgery will be April 27th
WOW you can see the big difference even through your garment, you look super!!!
Hope all goes well! Can't wait to hear how quickly you heal!
Mande, you are going to look fabulous! So excited that you're almost there! I think your choice for the tt and all the lipo will be excellent! I'm doing the same and adding a breast reduction/lift! Keep us updated!
We are getting close now!!! You are going to look great!!! I am so excited I could bust, I go 3/2
Eeek I know 13 days!!! Im in denial at this point that it is actually happening. Almost like the feeling driving to my scheduled c-section. I am having lipo on everything! Well actually butt, full circumference thigh, hips and not sure what flanks means but where he pointed he said he would through in the middle/lower part of of my waist that wraps toward my back! I know I will be in some pain for a few days. But I've had 3 major spine/ stomach surgeries in the last 10 months- and I know the pain is very temporary. Plus I had lipo on some areas about 5 yrs ago and I only had maybe 3 days out of commission. I am actually a little more nervous for the tt portion than I was spinal surgery- I think because it's optional. I'll make sure to post my recovery as soon as they give me my phone in recovery -- well on second thought maybe when the meds clear off so I'm not incoherent! We will all do great!! Can't wait to see how happy everyone is in 1-2 months!
Hey Madelion---where are you getting the lipo? Your time is getting close---so excited for you :)

Yes you should go for it!   As women we always put everything and everyone else first.  Time for you so keep moving forward and go for it!  You deserve it and will love the results.