Full TT Dec 12th and Thrilled!!! - California

I have wanted a tummy tuck for 6 years. I have...

I have wanted a tummy tuck for 6 years. I have four kids and my third weighed 11 lbs 11 oz at birth plus I had high fluid. My stomach won't recover from that. I so wish I didn't need one. I like going to the gym and don't mind doing the work to get in shape but as we all know, you can't lose skin.

I am terrified of being put under and I'm not looking forward to the recovery. I've had three c-sections so maybe that gives me a peek of what this will be like.

I am so nervous! I can't focus on much.

My pre op is tomorrow

Updated on 5 Dec 2011:
I want to thank everyone so much for sharing your stories! They make me feel so much better and I spend a lot of time on this site. I am looking forward to being a few days post op!

Updated on 6 Dec 2011:
I had my pre op appts today. I love my surgeon! I was terrified but her nurses are wonderful! They made me feel so much better. Also, the admitting lady at the hospital said she's heard nothing but good things about my surgeon. That was nice to hear. I'm thrilled I went with her.Updated on 7 Dec 2011:I forgot to add that my kids are 11, 9, 7, and amost 2. It's going to be hard telling my almost two year old that I can't hold or snuggle him but thankfully my mom will be here for two weeks since my husband can't take off work. My oldest three are a big help.
Time is going fast! I have trouble going back to sleep at night when I wake up because I get nervous thinking about surgery!Updated on 11 Dec 2011:Oh my goodness, tomorrow is the day! I am so nervous! I am also excited and wouldn't back out no matter how scared I am. I am thankful that I get to have this done. My surgery isn't until noon. I have to be there at 10am. We live 1.5 hours away so we will be staying in a hotel for one night.

I'll keep you posted!Updated on 12 Dec 2011:Today was the day. I had to be at the hospital at 10am, changed, blood draw, and got marked up. I was in surgery from about noon till 2. I woke up in pain and coming out of such a deep sleep was hard.
I've had quite a bit of pain so I'm keeping up on my pain medicine and muscle relaxers. I keep telling myself that it's all worth it.Updated on 13 Dec 2011:I am one day post op. Still needing the pain medicine. The muscle relaxer has helped me rest. I can get up on my own but it's slow going. I know this will totally be worth it but I'm ready to be over the first few days.
I've been very happy with everyone at my plastic surgeons office. She has a wonderful staff. They are so great and always wanting to answer questions.Updated on 14 Dec 2011:I have a couple before pictures but can't figure out how to upload. I'm on my iPhone now, maybe that's why I can't add them?Updated on 15 Dec 2011:Surgery was Monday and today is Thursday. Last night I didn't take my pain pills every four hours. I slept pretty good. I mostly feel very sore. It looks like my pain pump is close to empty. I think it'll need to come out either tonight or tomorrow. I don't know if it helped, it probably helped with my insision. I am very sore, still hunched over pretty good when I walk. I hate that I can't shower until my drains are out so today my mom is going to help me clean up. I go to the surgeon on Tuesday to hopefully get one drain out. They never take both out the same day. I'm still thankful I got to have this surgery and my mom and husband are taking wonderful care of me.Updated on 16 Dec 2011:Still doing okay. I think last night was one of my roughest but not because of the tummy tuck, it's the lipo that is very, very sore. I'm getting tired of not being able to sleep on my side. My garment feels very tight. I am going to order a different one that does not have a flap in the front.
I'm draining a lot less so I think healing is going well.Updated on 17 Dec 2011:I keep reminding myself that recovery takes quite a while. I think since my c-sections were no big deal, I almost expected this to be similar. Wrong! I am still pretty sore, still feel like I've been hit by a bus at times and that doesn't include my back pain. If I had advice for someone going into this, it would be to get a walker. That would help take pressure off your back a ton. I think I'll really feel good when the drains are out and I can shower and feel close to normal. I have an appt on Tuesday and I'm looking forward to it. I am hardly draining anything at all anymore. I know I'll be so happy I got this done. I can't wait to see the results! If anyone can tell me how to add photos, I'll upload my befores.Updated on 19 Dec 2011:This time last week I was on the way to the hospital and was scared out of my mind. I'm so glad that's all over. I'm doing okay. I am still hardly draining anything. I have an appt tomorrow. Yesterday the drainage tubes were leaking a little bit so I had to have my mom take my binder off and get cleaned up. I hated the feeling of my binder off so I guess I won't complain about wearing it anymore. I can tell that I'll love my results though! This is all so worth it! I still have to take my pain medicine here and there which surprised me. I thought I'd be off of it by now. My PS doesn't want me taking any blood thinner medicines so if I don't take my norco, the only other thing I can take is Tylenol which doesn't do much. All is going well otherwise, still looking forward to getting these drains out but there not too much of a bother.Updated on 22 Dec 2011:I got both drains out on the 20th. It hurt but was quick. My first real shower was yesterday, it was so great! No more sponge baths!
I put on a shirt that I would not have worn before surgery because of my skin but now it looks great! I am SO thankful I got to have this surgery and wish I knew how to post pictures. I would do it all over again, no regrets.

It's been six weeks now. Time has flown by. I've...

It's been six weeks now. Time has flown by. I've felt great since week two so the hardest part was taking it easy.

I'm still so thankful I had this done and I am thrilled with the results. My scar is very thin, it won't look bad at all when it lightens up more. My surgeon used my c-section scar so it's pretty low.

I am almost five months from my surgery. I am so...

I am almost five months from my surgery. I am so thankful that I had it done. I'm thankful each and every day. I went from a 12 to a 10 and even the waist on my 10's get loose. It's a great problem to have.lol

I had a small scar revision done two weeks ago. I didn't even care about it but my wonderful plastic surgeon wanted to fix it. I hardly noticed it needed it. All went perfect.

A big plug for my plastic surgeon. If your in the Reno NV area, I had a wonderful, wonderful expierence. Everyone in her office was wonderful. I'm so glad I ended up going to her.
Reno Plastic Surgeon

So far I'm thrilled with Dr. McCormack. They make you feel so at ease. She called to check up on me even though I saw her early the next day. I can fully recommend Dr. McCormack. I just had my six week check and I don't have one complaint. I did my research including asking people at the hospital about her and no one had anything negative to say about her. If I were to get something else done, I'd go back to her, no question.

Thanks Crystal for your story. I'm having a TT by Dr. McCormack on 6/19. I've heard wonderful things about her and am impressed thus far with Dr. and staff.
I had a great holiday and new year. I hope you did too! I feel like I have my life back since I've had this surgery so life is good! I did get itchy but it wasn't too bad.
I had a check up at week three and now I don't go back until I'm six weeks.
How are you doing recovering? What are your restrictions? I feel really good so I've overdone it at times. I have an almost two year old so that's been a little rough.
Hope you had a great Holiday and New year!!! did you make it through the horrid itchy stage yet??? lol omg that was awful... i go for my follow up appointmet on thurs the 12th for my 1 month post op...healing is going well,....hope you are doing well too
I need to update. I got both drains out at eight days post op. They were going to leave one in but since I live 1.5 hours away, they took them both. I was hardly draining anything though. It was so freeing and I can finally see more of what my results are. I'm so sorry you still have to deal with them.
Hey Crystal, hope you are ready for the holidays :) do you still have drains in? I think I am stuck til after holiday....booo
I'm so glad to hear your still on your pain medicine here and there, thank you for sharing. I was getting frustrated thinking that I should be off of them by now. I'm draining 10-20 a day but my PS doesn't ever take them both out at once so I anticipate them leaving one in.
We are neck and neck. Lol. I am draining 30 ml every 24 hrs so I anticipate that my ps will leave one drain in. I have an appt tomorrow too. I am still on pain meds too. Off and on. Hang in there. :)
Hang in there. Seems like we are about the same. Hope that is a good sign. Can't wait for the ends of drains. My post op is tues
OH YEA MY EYES ARE STEADY ON THAT PRIZE LOL NEVER LOOSE SIGHT OF THE VISION!
My c-sections were not bad either. I think even though this is worse, my c-sections prepared me for this. It's all worth it and as long as I keep up on my medicine, I do okay. Some do say c-sections are worse so you never know. I don't regret it and I'm glad it's over. Keep your eyes on the prize! 
SO YOU ARE IN A LOT OF PAIN YOU GOT ME THINKING I HAD 2 CESECTIONS AND THAT WAS NOTHING TIO ME SO IF YOU ARE SAYING THIS IS PAIN OH MY!
You are in my thoughts today!
I'll be thinking of you too! Can't wait to be on the other side!
I will bethinking of u tomorrow. We will b fine. Deep breath
I am Getting more and more nervous. At first I was just excited. But now. Yikes. All the "what Ifs" are killing me!!
Yes. Are you getting really nervous? It's so close!
we share the same date... hopefulluy we can help eachother hEAL...
Thank you! I'll keep my story updated. :)

Nerves are very normal. This is a big deal. But you'll get through it just fine and be so glad you did it. I'm glad the nurses (unsung heroes!) were able to calm you.

Thank you for paying it forward and writing your story here. I'll be following along on your journey. I know it's scary, but you're right, you can't exercise skin off.

Virtual hugs!