Not Seeing Results with the Lapex 2000 BCS (LipoLaser)

This isn't the Zerona machine, but it's the same...

This isn't the Zerona machine, but it's the same concept using a cold laser to penetrate the skin and shrinking the fat cells. Typically sessions are 40 minutes long, 2-3 times a week for 3-4 weeks. It's been reported that many patients see results after the very first session.

Yesterday I had my third session on my hips, flanks, and inner thighs - I have not noticed ANY difference. I have 5 more sessions to go, but I feel so deflated (no pun intended) at the lack of results thus far. I am very disappointed and only hope that during the next few sessions I'll start seeing some results.

I'll post an update if there have been changes.

I do recommend the facility and the practitioner, who also administers Acupuncture and other holistic treatments - she is a wonderful and caring person. So it's not for lack of her trying to help me, it's just the machine itself that is not meeting up to my expectations. However, I do feel that $3500 is an excessive amount for something that isn't working for me.

We need a class action lawsuit on this SCAM.......
I don't think we need a class action lawsuite--just more laws like the California Chiropractic Board just passed. California chiropractors must use an FDA approved laser which actually does what the laser company said it does. This law specifically mentions the scammy fat lasers--you know those ones, you know, the ones that are worthless. Then again, ALL fat lasers are worthless. Hey, just my opinion. Also, another poster here begs us all to believe his/her glandular problem is why he/she is fat. While glandular problems do exist, they can't defy the laws of physics. And they can't defy plain facts. Even the laziest slug who does nothing but sleep and watch TV burns 60 to 90 calories an hour just to maintain their body heat, heart rate, and lung function. This is known as RBR (resting metobolic rate). Let's take the low end--60 calories per hour. That's 1440 calories burned a day. If this lazy person eats just 800 calories per day, they are burning a net of 640 calories per day. There are about 3500 calories in a pound of fat. If this person, with the "glandular problem" maintained that 800 calorie per day diet for 50 days, he/she would lose 9 pounds. Go on all you want about glandular problems--it's mostly an excuse obese people use to explain away their obesity since they can't hide their size. And yes, I am a licensed human chiropractor who refuses to offer weight loss programs. None work. Weight loss is a decision, not a problem, machine or pill.
Your overly simplistic and arrogant opinions are the reasons why many women struggling with legitimate low thyroid and changing hormones are not properly diagnosed don't get the treatment they need. People like you shame people into feeling bad about themeselves or that they are crazy and need antidepressants, rather than believing what they are saying about their own bodies. I feel sorry for these women who have people like you, telling them they choose to be fat and if they get off the couch and put the donut down they would lose weight. I agree that there are many people that fall in that category. I see them everyday walking around with giant Starbucks with whipped cream and going to In-N-Out for lunch - There are some that are way too young to be that fat and simply need to educate themselves and permanently change their lifestyle. However, I do not fall in that category and there are many people who are just like me. I was not "fat" until 40, then it came on at least 5lbs a year and it seemed beyond my control. Many doctors laughed it off and said "welcome to your forties"... or told me it was "pre-menopause" or that I was depressed and wrote me an Rx for Prozac, or I needed to join weight watchers or go to the gym more - I needed to sleep more, change jobs.. the list goes on... These "fat melting" lasers do not work, on that point we both agree. Weight loss is indeed a decision, and we agree on that as well. Yet there are legitimate underlying problems that make it harder for some than others, and it has nothing to do with activity or calorie/fat consumption. The same lazy slug you describe would not lose 9 lbs if they had low thyroid and their body simply had adapted to the 800 calorie per day allowance and stored whatever extra the person ate that week/day as fat. Feel free to look at my other reviews and decide for yourself if I am an "obese" person using a glandular problem as an excuse and hiding my size. I don't consider myself obese, but a person who has more stubborn/stored fat than they should for their height and body type. With the proper treatment, I have lost 10lbs in 4 months after FINALLY getting the right balance of hormones. Free T3 and Free T4 were both below clinical norms, my Vitamin D at 20mgl was way too low, it took 50,000 units 1x per week just to get it up to 30, which is still the very low end of "normal', It should be at 50, so now I take 10,000 per day just trying to bring it up to mid point. My progesterone was below my estrogen levels, which is not right for my age. The correct progesterone/estrogen ratio is 10x your estrogen level. Which is why I wake up at 2am and cant sleep. I had the testosterone level of a 9 year old girl which explains nearly no muscle tone and no sex drive. With 100mg sub-dermal pellet every 90 days the change is amazing. Not only do I see my abs and biceps coming through, I am very much in the mood again, which makes my husband very happy. All of what I described contribute to a persons inability to lose fat, despite a healthy diet and active lifestyle. In fact being deficient in any them causes you to store fat more easily than a younger person. Bottom line: You are an overly opinionated ignorant turd who does a major disservice to people. I hope when you peak and start going down the other side of the hill, you are humbled by how difficult this is for some people. To others who are reading this: Don't waste money on fat loss gimmicks like lipo-laser and dont let this guy make you feel bad about yourself. Take care of yourself, check your hormones and make adjustments if necessary. If that doesn't ,work.. then yea.. maybe it is you and you need to just be honest with yourself.
My opinions are only arrogant to someone if they strike a nerve, which apparently the did considering the length of your reply. Me thinks thou doth protests too much. The original post was about the worthless fat zapping lasers. I added that ALL, not some, but ALL weight loss programs and businesses are worthless--which they are. Regardless of the testimonials these companies offer, there has yet to be a single person, ever, who has successfully lost weight and maintained weight loss in a healthy way by using any of these weight loss companies. It has never happened and never will happen. The only way to lose weight is to make a decision to lose weight. You don't have to pay anyone a dime. Just eat less food and move more. Decisions are not for sale. Likewise, no one sells willpower. Blaming the inability to lose weight on a glandular problem is the engine of these scammy weight loss companies. It gives them a platform for which they can sell their bogus glandular condition remedies. Give them a disease, and they'll sell you a "cure." If burning more calories than you eat does not cause weight loss, I would be amused to learn why. If that's the case, you have just solved the energy crisis and have rewritten every physics book. Does the Nobel committee know about this?
You must live under a rock. But I give you credit for being so confident even though you live in such a dark and lonely place. You make such huge sweeping generalizations like "ALL weight loss programs and businesses are worthless." How in the world do you know that? Have you reviewed them ALL? Do you not believe all the people who say certain programs and businesses have worked for them? I'd like to know just how effective YOUR chiropractic services are. Maybe what YOU offer is worthless, a complete waste of time and money, and doesn't provide any long-term benefit or success. Yeah, I'll go with that...
Wow, not only are you a licensed "human" chiropractor, you are also a certified and bona fide douche. Good for you!
he he he. I had to laugh at your 'classy' comment ("you are also a certified and bona fide douche"). Such anger issues. I suppose that's what comes from being in denial. I expected as much. You're pure class. It shows. he he My original post still stands. Short of drastic gastric surgery, of which there is a high morbidity rate, there are ZERO weight loss programs, centers, gadgets, or "lipo lasers" that successfully work to lose weight. Yes, in my opinion, ALL, not some, but ALL of them are scams. No one has ever, at any time on this earth, successfully lost weight long term with ANY popular or even not so popular weight loss business. And the reason why weight loss businesses thrive is because they DON'T work! That's right. If any of them did, the other ten thousand weight loss centers wouldn't be in business. So what do fat people do? I'll tell you what they do--they bounce (literally) from weight loss program to weight loss program thinking AH HA! I finally found the one that works--but it doesn't, so they try yet another one. Another scam. These businesses who make these scam gadgets and sell expensive pre-packaged foods, which anyone can buy at their local grocery store for one tenth the price if they weren't so lazy, play off scared, insecure fat people who have tried everything and failed, put pony up more money to try again--like a fixed carnival game that no one ever wins. But there's plenty of suckers to go around. So go ahead. Give these scammers your money. I don't care. They're laughing at you all the way to the bank.
I'm a masters prepared registered nurse, and I will say: yes diet and exercise are and always have been the best way to lose weight. However, there are several extraneous factors that effect weight loss and its not really as black and white as the picture you paint. Moreover, your sweeping generalizations about "all commercial weight loss programs" does reduce your credibility in stead of strengthening your arguments. Additionally, If you are an avid research reader you will know there is no way to completely "prove" any notion. Specifically with the RCT you speak so dearly of- they remove all context. As such, these studies are not truly generalizable, and therefore may not apply to most dynamic humans. Now, Just for the sake of posing an argument,... as a medical practitioner, I am taken aback that you would ever imply it is okay to eat 800 calories a day. This is unhealthy and dangerous. Posting such a suggestion on a public forum is grossly inappropriate and unprofessional. Please be careful what you advertise.
I am not here to convince a total stranger about what I eat. I have no motivation to lie or make up stuff. In fact, I am not buying your a chiropractor, hows that. I am just shocked that somebody who is a DC of all things, is so ignorant. A person who eats only 800 calories a day will in fact lose weight, but at the same time your body goes into crisis and starvation mode, saving every calorie you eat as stored fat. If I ate 1800 calories a day and did nothing, I would be huge. In fact, I would expect this mentality from an MD who thinks western medicine is the only way to treat a problem, but from a DC who is supposed to be more open minded about alternative therapies, its just shameful.

Thyroid disease is no different than any other gland that stops working, Are you saying that a diabetic with no ability to create insulin from their pancreas should just stop taking medicine because the side effects of long term insulin use are worse? A woman who no longer produces hormones because her ovaries stop releasing eggs does not need treatment? A man who is losing his drive and hair could not benefit from testosterone therapy? My thyroid is not working well, it does not produce enough hormones to keep me alert all day (I drank coffee), my metabolism at a normal rate (I worked out more), my eyebrow hair from falling out ( got them tattooed back on), dry skin (I bought every lotion on the market), constipation (ate more fruit, more fiber, more coffee), heavy periods (had endometrial ablation), cold feet (I wear socks to bed) I am simply replacing hormones that my body cannot make naturally, which is T3 and T4. Many people have had their thyroid removed completely and they need lifetime thryroid medication or they will in fact die.

As far as weight loss programs and gimmicks, most of them dont work for any long period of time unless the person changes their lifestyle permanently, but they do help those that need these programs to put them on the right path and some are more sucessful than others. I agree there are many people who simply eat too much, go to McDonalds every week, eat crap all the time and are fat for a reason. However, there are many others who have underlying issues that are undetected;untreated because people just assume they are overeating.
Touchy, aren't we. I don't know who you are, but if you want to take my comments personally that's your business.
Still stands. ALL (not some) but ALL commerical weight loss diet programs and centers are scams and simply do not work and never will work. They're just outrageously expensive grocery stores catering to lazy people who don't want to think about cooking and who want an easy fix for obesity when there isn't one.
But the topic at hand is about the lipo laser. In my opinion (from what I've seen with my colleagues who have used this or similar devices in their offices), these machines have ZERO value and do NOT work. I don't care if they have a patent. That tells me nothing. Let's see the double blind studies done on 5,000 people in a university research hospital.
Don't hold your breath for that one.
My advice to anyone seeking liposuction or fat cell reduction is to go to a board certified plastic surgeon and forget about these 'med spa' gimmick 'clinics', many of which are operated by unlicensed practitioners and can be VERY dangerous to the public.
If a lay person says their machine can shrink fat cells and smooth out wrinkles, or whatever, RUN, don't walk, but RUN as fast as you can out of there. Lay people have no business playing doctor no matter how benign the procedure appears. They should stick to cutting hair and applying makeup--not altering the body. In most cases their machines are useless and ineffective anyway--thank heavens for small favors.
Interesting...I heard that ALL, not some, but ALL chiropractic centers and services were scams, and that all the stuff chiropractors do simply does not work, and it never will. I even read that "the concepts of chiropractic are not based on solid science and its therapeutic value has not been demonstrated beyond reasonable doubt." [Ernst. Chiropractic: a critical evaluation. Journal of Pain & Symptom Management. 2008. PubMed #18280103.] Do you think that's true Phil? Huh, do you??
I am a licensed human chiropractor in very good shape. Only one time in my life was I fat. I lost 45 pounds. Here's my secret (shhhhhhh--don't tell anyone) I ate less food! Yes, you heard right. I ate less food!! And it worked! I didn't fall for any BS weight loss programs (all are worthless). I didn't fall for BS laser treatments (again, all worthless). I wasn't hypnotized. It was a decision I made. People, there are NO commerical weight loss programs or products that work. Period. None work. All are worthless. Weight loss is a decision, not a product or service. A decision. No one has decisions for sale and you can't buy them. If you want to waste money on a nutritionists or weight loss gurus to lose weight, you're wasting your money. I don't care as long as it's your money and not the taxpayers. There's nothing worse than welfare recipiants spending money on worthless garbage like weight loss programs, cigarettes, and booze.
I agree with you on the last comment, but your remarks about "simply eating less" dont help those that have weight issues that are completley unrelated to the amount of food fhey consume and it reinforces the stigma that people are fat because they are lazy and shove food in their face. Weight loss is more than a simple decision, because if it were that easy far fewer people would be fat and looking for help. I probably only eat about 800 calories to 1000 calories per day, plus I am active outside and in the gym. In fact, I eat less now and healthier meals than when I was 25-35 years old. But for women especially, childbirth, aging, menopause, hormone changes, underactive thyroid and other metabolic issues can wreck your body and your ability to lose even the smallest amount of weight. I really resent people like you who shame me into feeling I am fat because I simply cram too much food in my piehole and then sit around and complain about how nothing works. Fortunately for me, I have a doctor that listens and finally ran thyroid tests that I have begged for over 3 years to have - sure enough, there was a problem, extremely low Free T3 and Free T4 - plus I had almost NO vitamin D in my system. I also have adrenal fatique, which happens when your body is running on fumes and exhausted for years. With the right medication I am finally able to stay awake past 3pm, I am regular for once in my life, my hair is growing back, I can spend more time in the gym, I can drive without practically falling asleep at the wheel, the weight has slowly melted off 1 pound per week with NO change in my diet, because I barely ate as it was. Until I knew about this problem, I thought I had no choice but to chase these miracles because nothing was working and thought I was crazy and I knew it was not from eating too much.
Hey, I'm glad you're losing weight. But I'm not sure I'm buying the 800 to 1000 calories per day diet and you didn't lose weight. Even if you did nothing, a person burns 50-70 calories an hour just maintaining their body heat. That comes out to over 1800 calories a day burned without the gym.
My original post still stands. You can resent me all you want. I'm just stating the truth. ALL commerical diets/weight loss programs, etc are worthless except to the people who own those businesses.
I never said medication couldn't help--but ask your doctor how long it will be before the side effects become worse than the results you're now enjoying. I've never heard of a medication, taken long term, that didn't have bad side effects.
Boy, you sure are temperamental and crass. And what exactly do people need chiropractors for? I'm sure one could find alternative do-it-yourself remedies to replace the services YOU provide. Not all chiropractors, just YOU.
Yeah, let's all just ask our DOCTORS about this, seeing as though Phil D is a chiropractor pretending to know EVERYthing about weight loss and certain medical conditions that can impede the process of losing weight. And by the way Phil, thanks for giving permission to resent you, I think I'll take you up on your offer.
This a update for information regarding the Lapex 2000. The parent company just received a 2012 patent from the U.S. patent office as the only laser unit to be used on the skin to address reduction of fat cells.

The U.S. patent does not give a patent rights unless the product has been proven to meet the requirements of the claim for patent rights.

It appears from some of the posting stae that the Lapex 2000 has not been approved by the FDA. To clarify the FDA does not give anyone approval only a cleared rating which the Lapex 2000 received in 2009. The laser works if used correctly and the established protocol are followed.
You can site patent laws and the FDA all you want. Were are the double-blind studies? I think a test of 5,000 obese patients over five years should do the trick. And not just double-blind studies. I want to see studies done by university research hospitals who have no horse in the race. I don't see anything like that here.
A patent has nothing to do with safety or effectiveness of a medical device. A patent relates only to uniqueness of design or workings. I could patent an elixir of my dog's toenails.
The FDA DOES regulate medical devices for safety and effectiveness; only those that have received "Approval" have shown both to the satisfaction of the FDA. However, the FDA does allow devices that are considered low risk and "suitable for the intended purpose" (as in this case, suitable to deliver laser energy to the subcutaneous tissue) to be marketed (these are what are called "exempt", "listed" or "cleared" without ANY demonstration or assertion of actual effectiveness.

You are really trying to pull the wool over the customers eyes here!
Right you are. A patent has NOTHING to do with a medical device's effectiveness. What wool over whose eyes? I'm selling nothing. I have no interest whatsoever in this 'fat laser gizmo'.
I've known other chiropractors and therapists who bought into these type of fat dissoloving lasers. In my opinion and from what I've seen, ALL (not some) but ALL are C-R-A-P. NONE work.
Again, weight loss is a decision--you can't buy that.
A quick google search turns up over a thousand different weight loss products and services. Why so many? Easy--cause nothing works. At one time or another, ALL of these diet books, gurus, weight loss centers were the latest fad and now they're yesterday's latest fad.
In my opinion you're better off staying fat than feeling ridiculous by getting taken by one of these hucksters.
Hey, buy into these fat laser gizmos--hey, your money, not mine.
Do you have any similar type of research to support your use of cold laser therapy for the treatment of pain, which you've stated you use in your practice?
Hi there,
I'm not a professional or a doctor. I'm a 23 year old college student. I was really active in HS and not so much in college. I started dieting and exercise seriously about a year ago (190lbs) and have lost about 30lbs since then. No matter how many situps and ab exercises I did, nothing helped my midsection. One of my friends got a deal $300 for 3 Sessions for the Lapex BCS LipoLaser. I have always been a skeptic for things like this but I tried it anyways because it was a gift. I changed my diet and exercise about two weeks before my first treatment. Went to an all Paleo diet. Was losing about 3lbs a week. Did my first treatment and lost 1.6 inches (I measured myself) and fasted two hours before and 3 hours after while drinking tons of water. I did a nice cardio routine an hour after. Four days later did another treatment. Lost half an inch on top of the after-measurement. Third treatment lost about 1 and 3/4 of an inch. With three treatments and being advised most people do 6-9 (No pressure btw of adding additional treatments) I went into it thinking I might drop a pants size MAYBE. I was pleased with my results and it fit my expectations. If you want a miracle, not going to happen. Also, I did have to make changes and diet and exercise helped but wasn't the main factor here. In pictures or in the mirror it doesn't look like a difference but my boyfriend has noticed that I FEEL firmer and a little slimmer. Just my expierence. Sorry for those that it hasn't worked for...
I had the same experience Kayce! Got a 3 treatment session as a gift for mothers day, which I don’t know if I should be offended or not lol.. good intentions I suppose! I didn’t know too much about it aside from hearing a few things here and there from my girlfriend who had just started treatments so my expectations were low. Before I started the treatments my exercise routine consisted of 45 minute walks around the neighborhood 3 times a week, been doing this for about 2.5 months now. I stuck with my walks, drank more water than usual, had treatments and to my surprise and benefit I saw results. After 6 treatments I lost 5.5 inches in my waist!! Not sure if it’s my body type, my metabolism randomly kicking in, my luck or maybe the machine really does work.. whatever it is I’m a happy customer like you and here to share my success!
One thing I would like to stress too is that untrainable expectations only lead to unhappiness. When doing this treatment please understand that you must work with the doctor to see optimal results. Also, diet actually means "lifestyle change". Go about your diet differently. Don't diet for a certain occassion or to lose x amount of weight. Go into it knowing that it has to be a lifestyle change. In the long run, you'll be happier. the machine does work but it's not a get thin quick scheme. If you cannot fast, exercise, or choose healthier eating habits, then no thisnis not the machine for you. If you can commit to a change in lifestyle and eating habits, give it a go!
Much thanks to all of you who "who probably sit around on the internet all day long getting fat complaining" (These so called professionals don't sound like professions, do they?) You've all helped me save a bunch of money! I just received the Groupon deal, and after reading all of this - I'm definitely going to pass. The comments of "real life" people who have nothing to gain by sharing their actual experiences are far, far more valuable to me than seeking answers from sales people who may just want my money. I'm going to try being better at my diet & exercise. Good luck to all of you!