Troubling Otoplasty - California, CA

I am 16 years old now and I had an otoplasty done...

I am 16 years old now and I had an otoplasty done 6 MONTHS ago and they are still red and dry. I Have been putting lotion, vitamin E, Petroleum Jelly, anything you could think of, on them. I don't know what can heal them anymore, so I am obviously a little upset with the whole thing. What should I do?!

That definately does not look normal. Especially for 6 months out. I have written numerous articels and book chapters on otoplasty. I'd be happy to see you in Salt Lake City to see if we can figure out what is going on. My website is www.MobleyMD.com. Best of luck to you.
I wish I could see you but unfortunately I live in California. Could you suggest anything to do to fix them? Its really just the red color of them that is the problem.
There appears to be an element of pressure related injury like you could be wraping your ear with a dressing to tight. This can lead to skin breakdown and infection. Get it checked by your surgeon.

I posted a previous review on my otoplasty a...

I posted a previous review on my otoplasty a couple months ago and would like to update it. My ears are still very red and I havn't seen much improvement. My surgeon keeps giving me scar fading cream and other products but I feel like it won't change anything. The skin on my ears is just very thin and sometimes it even peels off a little. I need help and would appreciate some suggestions, thank you!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I posted a previous review on my otoplasty a...

I posted a previous review on my otoplasty a couple months ago and would like to update it. My ears are still very red and I havn't seen much improvement. My surgeon keeps giving me scar fading cream and ither products but I feel like it won't change anything. The skin on my ears is just very thin and sometimes it even peels off a little. I like the way they look, it's just there outside color. I need help and would appreciate some suggestions, thank you!

Could you please tell me who your Dr is, where you got it done?? You can visit Joseph Cruise, he is a great Doctor. He is in Newport Beach CA. He would be of great help. Sorry if my comments are posted twice..
I got my surgery done in Riverside, CA by Dr. Childers.

I had an otoplasty done 10 months ago and my ears...

I had an otoplasty done 10 months ago and my ears are shaped okay, the left ear could by a little farther pinned back but it's fine. That isn't the problem, the problem is that they are still red! It appears to be a scar but I don't know. My surgeon (who I believe doesn't know what to do) keeps telling me to put 'Scar Fading' cream on them but I feel like I need some type of special treatment because the discolorization doesn't seem to be getter better, I will post some pictures of them but I really need help. I live in Riverside, California and would appreciate any comments. Thank you!

Did you find a way to fix it. I'm having the same problem with my left ear and it's been 6 months since I had the surgery done. help please.
No I have not found a way to fix it... Its been like 1 and a half years for me so I'm just thinking it will never go away, just gunna have to live on makeup for the rest of my life... It sucks but what can I do. Im sure yours can't be as bad as mine but I wish you the best of luck
what i have learned from this surgery is the headbandage should be very light pressure on the ears as a tight bandage can cause tissue loss.As mentioned before by others its probably pressure related as its both ears if it was the circulation problem i think you would of been unlucky to have it on both ears presuming the surgeon was of a reasonable standard.you could try stop puitting anymore creams on them and gently massage them a few times a week worth a try i guess.

HELPPP MEEE

It's been 2 years now and My ears are literally still the same, there has to be someone out there experiencing the same thing as me, please someone help me. I just need some plan, I just can't do nothing about it

Did you make contact with Francoise Firmin in paris?
No I have never heard of him, I suppose I should try?

2 Year Update

It's been 2 years since my Otoplasty and unfortunatly my ears basically look the same. I am unsure of what to do, I just wish there was some way to get the lost skin/cartilage back and get my old ear skin color back. If someone please knows a skin/ear specialist that I can talk to that would be perfect.

This appears to be scar tissue formation that may be due to a circulatory compromise. At this point it should be treated like scar tissue so I think I would consider a series of IPL treatments and if that does not work then perhaps try and find someone with a pulse dye laser . This would most likely be a large dermatology center. Conservative steroid injection / application might be helpful as well.
I will definitely look into all of this, thank you very much... Appreciate it :)
I actually forgot to mention that I have tried lasers and it does not do anything, it just makes them even worse for about a couple of weeks. Steroid injections is something I will look into tho