FEB 10 2012 After 15 Years They Need to Go - Southern California

Deflated saline implant after having them over the...

Deflated saline implant after having them over the muscle for 15 years. After 3 years of breastfeeding, mistakenly thought I needed them. I really think breast implants make you look like a lactating Mom, so unless you need reconstruction, or like the lactation look, bad idea. Don't want to be a slave to any more surgeries. Insurance removing them for my co-pay amount of $15.00.

No regrets removing implants. So happy to be all natural the way God made me.

Just had my first mammogram without implants. WOW, they really mash real ones hard. Tech said they go easy on women with implants. So happy I took them out. No regrets (other than getting implants in the first place...what a waste of time, money, unneeded surgeries etc) When in doubt, get them out!
Kaiser

Update. Just had my first mammogram without implants. WOW, they really mash them hard. Tech said they go easy on women with implants, so be warned. So happy I took them out. No regrets!
My primary care physician noticed the deflation during routine physical. The referral was probably due to the fact I had some pain and discomfort in that breast and told her that. I hope you can get yours out also. Please update if you do.
This is the second time I read on here that Kaiser will remove them. I too have Kaiser. How do I get the referral.. I don't even know where to begin! CONGRATS on your new natural look! :)
Hi Caro,
I'm doing great, feels so good w/out all that "weight" I had on top of me. I can "breathe" finally. I cannot believe how I did that to myself, vanity? stupidity? not accepting my own natural beautiful self? geez, wot wuz I thinking???? lolz How are you doing?
I am so glad all went well for you. How are you feeling now?
I am having pain and a tingling sensation in my right breast. I had augmentation 23 years ago. Reading the outcome of your explantation has made me feel more relaxed. I think I am ready to have them out, as well.
You will not regret it. Update us when you have it done. You're body will thank you.
Hi, have you explanted yet? Sounds like you are ready! Best wishes
I agree! Glad it went well! I had mine feb 14 2012...
It was done Feb 10th, little over a week ago. Really happy with my decision. Looks so much better without them. Other than anesthesia sickness, went smoothly. If anyone is in doubt, take them out. You will not regret it.
Hi All natural, and yes, doesn't it feel great to be "allnatural" again. My sentiments exactly, I had mine done for $0 and noticed yours was only a mere $15, how awesome! We can now go about our biz with what we can into life with , our own natural breasts. It's a wonderful feeling that's for sure. I look so much better too, I hear ya.

LIke a lactating mom! Ha!

Thanks for sharing here on RealSelf. When is your procedure?

your story sounds like mine. :) Just had mine removed on Feb 9.