Rhinoplasty in Calgary, AB

I had a wide, bulbous nose with a small dorsal...

I had a wide, bulbous nose with a small dorsal hump. I thought about this surgery for as long as I can remember and finally decided to go ahead with it about 3 months ago. Unfortunately I made a terrible choice in doctor and will need revision surgery. I will post photos soon.

I made my decision to go with Dr. Zakhary partially based on the reviews of her on ratemds. However, when I went to see another doctor regarding revision he wanted to look up her reviews to understand why I had chosen her after seeing my poor result. The doctor pointed that there were many “SYSTEM: positive spam ratings” that had been removed from the site and that this is a “red flag” - that she may be writing her own reviews!!

I hope by writing this I can save at least a few people from going through what I have. Please do lots of research about the doctor you choose - this is your face you're messing with. There are so many good surgeons on realself who have many reviews and great results that you can see. Please do not just choose a surgeon because they are in the same city! After doing some research I found that it would have cost me about the same to go to a much more experienced doctor in the States that has lots of reviews and photos on here. If anyone has any questions or would like to see any photos please email me and I will share my experience with you.

Calgary Facial Plastic Surgeon

WORST mistake I have ever made was going to Dr. Zakhary for rhinoplasty. She has left me with a crooked and deformed nose. Please do LOTS of research before choosing a doctor. There are lots of good ones out there.

Hi Sunlover02, would you be able to post some pictures of your before and after? I really want to go with Dr Zakhary, but she seems to get mixed reviews, and there's not many surgeons to pick from in Calgary!
I normally don't post reviews or comments on message boards like this one, but after seeing this review I feel compelled to disagree and share my exceptionally positive experience with Dr. Zakhary! If I had to do it all again, I would do it in a heartbeat. She was professional and realistic about what I should expect in the weeks and months following my procedure. She walked me through how my nose would look and feel every step of the way throughout the healing process. This procedure TAKES TIME to heel properly if you want it to look natural. It took patience, but now that I am fully healed and I see the final results I am absolutely thrilled with my nose. Dr. Zakhary is an expert and I have complete trust in her. Please post photos, because to be honest, the fact that you haven't posted photos is a little bit suspect.
Hi I also had a nose surgery done by Dr. Zakhary. I still need a revision but I am concerned that if it is going to work same as first time than maybe I shouldn't do it. I like to ask you which doctors you considered?
Hi I was wondering if I could get your email, I would like to see some pictures if you dont mind. I have gone to see Dr. Kristina Zakhary for a consultation a few years ago, I am just about to book a surgery date...and now having second thoughts about her!
i'm so sorry about what you are having to go through. Remember, there are many great revision experts. I know you'll be able to have you orginally wanted. I pray all goes well! Thanks for giving us good advice about ratings. Wish you the best! Keep us posted!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I'm sorry to hear of your horrible experience. I have been thinking of rhinoplasty for a long time and always had Dr. Zakhary in mind for convenience sake since I live in Calgary. I'd like to see how badly she screwed up... could you post pictures?
OMG Thank you so much for telling everyone about this and those 'posotive spam ratings' on ratemds! I noticed another doctor (Dr. Azizzadeh) has several of those too, and because of seeing them it was my first instinct to take him off of my list of prospective doctors. 9 times out of 10 it never hurts to listen to your gut instinct. Good luck in finding a revision surgeon. I noticed you're on MMH; Menick and Dr. Le seem to be the top surgeons among that crowd :)

Thank you so much for posting your story here on RealSelf. We do work hard to make sure all the reviews on the site are legit and posted by real patients.

I'm sorry you are unhappy with your results. We'd love to see your photos so we can visualize what you're describing.

You might want to check out the revision rhinoplasty community. Do you have a new doctor picked out yet?