Juvederm ( Almost Died ) - Calgary, AB

I had my injections done on Jan. 6/2012 and a...

I had my injections done on Jan. 6/2012 and a follow up on Jan.18/2012. Two weeks later I had a great deal of pain in my lower face. My gums and my glands were swollen.On Feb.3rd I went to a hospital emergengy where they did blood tests looking for a viral infection, since they did not fing any i was sent home.The pain continued to get worse so on Feb.6th/2012 I went to a different hospital emergengy and they kept me there on IV overnight,the next day they sent me home on IV for another 4 days.The infectious disease expert there said he is sure the cause is the juvederm.The clinic where I had this done is detesting any fault being theirs.

It sounds like you have been through a pretty scary ordeal. Please keep us posted on how you are doing and what you find out.

Dr. Darren Topham,Britannia Dermedics

I am not at all pleased with how the personnel at this clinic responded to my terrible experience after I reported to them the findings at both hospital emergencies. This is the only procedure I had done and my health has been excellent up until I had this procedure done.The area below my bottom lip is still swollen and there is no feeling in my bottom lip.