I'm so glad I worked up the courage to try Juvederm injections under my eyes. My deep tear troughs are gone! :)
Here is my advise:
1) Find a doctor who has extensive experience with fillers
2) Be sure the doctor "under corrects" meaning they very conservative with the amount of filler they inject. (At my first injection my doctor told me, give it a few days, if you want more, we can add more.)
3) Don't take aspirin
4) Use a cold pack on day 1 and 2
5) Use a hot pack on day 3 or 4
6) Use a thick concealer to cover any bruising
7) Make sure you doctor know how to use the hyluronaise to dissolve the filler (if needed)
8) Be brave and trust your instincts
I inherited my mom's eyes and have always had deep tear troughs, and as I aged they got deeper and uglier. I was so tired of having them that I was willing to take the "risk" of trying this procedure. I did my research and found a doctor in my area (Calabasas). At her skin institute, this doctor told me my options but I still had so many questions was if-y about going forward with it. Then talking with my co-worker she mentioned she got injections to stay young-looking. It turns out she goes to that doctor and she is really happy with her services. That got me over the fence and I decided to try it.
My tear troughs are gone! And my eyes look normal and pretty. No deep circle underneath making me look 10 years older than I am.
I was worried about bruising and I swelling. A few days before the injections, I stopped taking aspirin, I bought Arnica Montana cream, ice packs and drank a lot of orange juice. I bruised a bit on one eye and no bruising on the other. I was able to cover the bruise with make up and only one person noticed I had a little bruise. I had what felt like a tiny bump on under one way and it freaked me out. It was not noticeable but I could feel it with my finger. It went away by itself after 2 days. I got a little swollen under my eyes but it was very even and subtle that it basically just looked my tear troughs disappeared. 4 days later the swelling went down and I could see my troughs coming back a bit. I went back to the doctor and asked her to add more. She did injected me with a little more, and didn't charge me and there was no swelling or bruising from the second injection.
I can't tell you enough how happy I am that I tried it. I love the way my eyes look, which not something I'd ever thought I could say. Best of luck.