I Can't Wait...It's Been a Long Time Coming - Buffalo, NY

Back in July I started my process ... making an...

Back in July I started my process ... making an appointment with the doctor. I"ve been thinking about having a breast reduction for years and never did anything about it. I arrived not knowing where it would lead me. I liked her right away. She talked, measured and took photos. My insurance approved it and I'm due to have surgery on December 4, 2012. I'm nervous, excited, scared and have thought about cancelling until I look in the mirror. I've always been large breasted and had to stop jogging because of the stress on my upper body. My last bra fitting took me to a 38H ... I'm 5'9 and about 165 lbs and I'm 57 yrs old.

I'm now a month away Dec.4. Bummer that it's in...

I'm now a month away Dec.4. Bummer that it's in the mix of Christmas. I have to go off all of my meds for RA, but I'm sure I'll get by. So excited ... I'm ready.

Well, I'm down to 1.5 weeks left to my waiting....

Well, I'm down to 1.5 weeks left to my waiting. Super excited and praying I don't get a cold etc. before my surgery. I was around all of my grandkids yesterday and today my daughter told me the little one is pretty sick. I'm suppose to watch them tomorrow. I asked her if it would frighten the kids if I wore a mask ...LOL!
I go for my pre op physical on Tuesday and then a week after that is the day!
I really enjoy reading everyone's comments after the surgery because that is what I'm most nervous about.
I'm trying desperately to get all of my shopping done and my tree and house decorated before my surgery date because my PS told me the drains stay in for at least six days and no left over 5 lbs.

Well, yesterday morning, yup, Sunday ... I get a...

Well, yesterday morning, yup, Sunday ... I get a call from my family doctor explaining that I need to come in Monday morning for another blood test. It seems that my blood platelet count is low. He explained that it is common for this to happen if the blood is not kept moving after it is withdrawn from the vein. My surgery is suppose to me on Tuesday and if the results come back the same my surgery will me canceled!!!!! NO!!!! I don't have a good feeling about this blood test as I do have RA. I just can't believe this could happen ... I've waited 3 months ... thinking of nothing else, planning my December around this surgery. So, PLEASE keep your figures crossed or say a little prayer that all goes well with the blood test this morning. It is 3:47 AM and I've been awake since 2:30 AM ... It's going to be a long day! I'll keep you posted.

After a roller coaster ride yesterday getting...

After a roller coaster ride yesterday getting blood work redone and talking to ALL of my doctors it's a GO! My blood work came back much better, thanks to the wonderful drug methotrexate that I take for my RA ... really wreaks havoc with your body, but keeps me moving. I couldn't believe the emotions I had yesterday not know wheather I'd have the surgery or not. I guess I really excited only to have the rug ripped out from under me. I told my daughter yesterday that I felt like a kid so excited about doing something only to be told I couldn't. Oh, well water under the bridge. Two more hours to go before I have to be at the surgery center. A bit nervous, but I am SO READY! I'll let you know how it all goes when I come home.

I am in a good amount of discomfort. I am...

I am in a good amount of discomfort. I am wondering why I did this to myself. I called the doctor yesterday because of my nausea, flushing, and headache she told me to get off the loritab and take Tylenol. My back is sore from laying solidly on my back for two days. I get up and wonder around the house. I know it only been two days but i'm getting short on patience. Anyone else feeling this way? My tubes are in until at least Monday at which time I'll first see myself for the first time.

I have to figure out how I'm going to was my hair as I'm not suppose to get anything wet. I guess it's the old fashion way by bending over the sink.

Hopefully I'll start feeling better today. Sorry for the whining, but this is how I'm feeling.

Wow, I didn't know a full shower could be so...

Wow, I didn't know a full shower could be so exhausting! One week post op! Had a doctors appt. yesterday ... gone are the tubes, bandages and stockings. I can now shower, sleep without being propped up and drive if I need to. I have a lot of bruising and swelling, but boy are they small and perky! I still feel awful, though! Better today than yesterday. She said I could go braless, use the bra I came home in or a sports bra. I tried an Awe Bra ... hurt, sportsbra ...hurt, medical bra ... hurt so I tried one of my husband's wife beater tees and it did the job. I threw out about 15 bras and I'm trying on my clothes! OMG, I can't believe how good they look. I have a jacket that I love, but the seam that was suppose to go UNDER my breasts went over them ... now it fits like it should with room to spare! I'm really looking forward to my new life with small breasts. This past week has been one awful week, but in the long run I know it will be worth it. Now it's time to lose some weight it go along with the new girls! I'll post a few picture in the next few days.

Please can anyone tell me the normal feelings I...

Please can anyone tell me the normal feelings I should have in my breasts? I'm 10 days post op and my upper breast feel like there is a lot of pressure and soreness in them. Almost like when I breast fed my daughter and they were full. They feel like I've been doing a workout of chest strenghtening.

I went yesterday for my two week check up ... she...

I went yesterday for my two week check up ... she said I coming along well. Still a lot of bruising and swelling, but she told me that I could start walking as excerise if I wish and to do a few miles for her LOL. Lift nothing heavy and no underwire bras. She took out the stitches around the nipples.I I think they still look awful. Love the size but they are not pretty as of yet. She told me that everything I'm feeling is very normal so that is a good thing. I was whining about the fullness and how uncomfortable I am and she had to remind me that it has only been two weeks and what I had done was major cutting. I have tried several sports bras but find that they are not comfortable around the incisions. I find that tighter fitting camisoles are the way for me to go.
I have another appointment in a month, but I think I will have to cancel it because we are leaving for Florida.

Last Tuesday January 14, 2013 was six weeks post...

Last Tuesday January 14, 2013 was six weeks post op. I feel better and better each day. I have resumed walking and doing light arm excerises. I still have a few small scabs that have not come off as of yet. I peeled one off and now I'm putting ointment and bandaids over the area. SOOO, DO NOT HELP the healing along. I can lay on my side and stomach, but have sent so much time on my back I wake up on my back. I still don't have a lot of feeling between my breasts and on top. However feeling is slowing coming back. I am so happy I've had the surgery. Everything fits like it should and wearing a sun dress is something I haven't done in so many years I can't remember. (I'm in Florida for the winter), not to mention buying a bathing suit.

The scars are light in color except the scars on my sides under my arms. Those are always covered so it's no big deal.

Everyone tells me how good I look ... I ran into a friend who didn't know of my surgery and she said "Wow, you've lost a lot of weight"! Yes, I did, yes I did!

So, don't wait go call and make that appointment you won't be sorry.

It's been almost 4 months and I'm feeling great....

It's been almost 4 months and I'm feeling great. I'm loving my new size.
New York Plastic Surgeon

Word of mouth. I've been thinking of doing this for years, but didn't know where to go. I really didn't want to go to a male PS. I over heard a young gal at my hair salon talking about her breast reducting surgery so I asked her about it. She had her name and phone number so when I got home I called for an appointment.

New pictures please im having boobs done by Anain soon
Can't believe it's been a year! I have never regretted making this life changing decision. Okay, maybe the day after surgery I was really hurting, but as things healed it's all good. I go clothes shopping and don't stop to thing will this fit across the girls? I shop for bras in a normal department store or Victorias Secret and love the way I look. The down side is that I still don't have much feeling in the upper breast/chest part, but it's no big deal. So all I have to say it GO FOR IT, you wouldn't be sorry.
Wow you look great, even though you'd look much more healed if you posted newer pictures (please). I was surprised how far your PS went on your side. My incisions were only under my breast. After seeing some of the BR on this sight I was sorta hoping he went around the breast more and made them rounder since they seem a bit flat to me instead of nice & round. Whatever I'm 5# lighter and soooo much happier with my Oct. BR. I can't wait for summer and being able to wear those little summer sundresses without my heavy duty minimizing bra underneath. Since my TT a week ago and can't wait to have a waist again in those summer fashions. Very nice bio you had.
Congratulations. I'll be so glad when I'm healed.... do you have updated pictures??
urs looked alot like mine did before surgery. i wore h cup too lol. i so wished they had taken me down to a c cup but everyone seems to think mine are in proportion! hehehe. good luck with ur girls and im glad ur healing well.
My surgeon took me to a C and they are perky ... loving it!
I am so happy you are coming along. I can't wait for my day
Your time is coming up quickly!
It's not coming quick enough for me. I can't wait to be on the "other side" I am so happy for you that you are doing better!
Bev, I know the feeling time just creeps doesn't it? Time will creep afterward especially for the first few weeks. Be sure to get a few good books and movies that you have been wanting to read and watch because you won't feel like doing much of anything. Get a wedge pillow (one that lifts your head, shoulders and upper back) I'm not sure where you would buy one maybe Bed, Bath and Beyond or maybe a medical supply place. My husband has problems with his shoulder and was looking for something that would help him sleep so all of sudden a bunch of pillows started arriving at the house. Any pillow advertised on tv ... we own! Your just about under a month now!
Thank you for the pillow advice. I happen to be going to bed bath and beyond today so I will check them out. My surgery is feb 19 so a bit over a month, I had a horrible dream that the dr called and canceled I actually woke up actually crying.
Boy do I know that feeling ... but, it was true! I almost didn't have the surgery.
How are you doing since your BR? I hope all went well.
congratulations! i cant wait!
I am 7 wks post op and still have that full feeling but it is not as constant as it wss weeks ago. I remember thinking "if only i had a baby to nurse the fullness would go". I am 51 and lol that the memory/feeling of breast feeding is fresh like it happened a year ago instead of 28 yrs ago.. did u ever find a bra? I ordered a makemeheal dot com bra and love it. So comfortable. I still wear it now. My boobs are very boxy but changing each day. This is a long process for sure. Hang in there. It gets better but slowly...
I did go to Kolh's yesterday and buy a few different bras. Wore one for a while, but took it off after a bit ... I'm just most comfortable braless when I'm sitting around in the evening. I will check out your bra.
You look great! Nice and high up and MUCH smaller. :) That full and tight feeling lasts for quite awhile and goes away little by little. You do have quite a bit of bruising. I read that eating pineapple or drinking real pineapple juice helped, so I did that and my bruising was minimal. I don't know if it was what helped, but I am having my daughter do the same and her surgery is next Tuesday. You may be 57, buy those breasts are about 20! Enjoy shopping for cute bras!
Thank you, this process is going much slower than I would have ever guessed. Yes, I was really enjoying the cute bras that I can now fit into. I was just looking for comfort when I went out yesterday and came home with a few different ones. I'm really looking forward to wearing a sports bra when I work out!! And bathing suits that don't look like something my gramma use to wear. LOL
I'm so happy to hear that you are coming along! And only 1 week post op. Now I really am getting anxious! February 19th can't come quick enough! Thank you for the update.
Feeling much better today. I might even tackle my Christmas cards today. What a wonderful website so much support, thank you!
Having the same Dr.... I am so interested in all your posts! My surgery is Feb 19 So happy you are feeling better!
I have no complaints about her. She is very personable, fun and professional. I have yet to look at my chest. It might be because of my age that I had a few issues with the drugs. But, overall feeling much better today.
Thanks Bev1028 ... You are right one day at a time. At least I'm up and moving today even got up to my desk top computer. I've been relying on my ipad for most everything. I'll keep you posted on my day to day progress.
I'm sorry you are feeling so bummed! As you said it's only day 2. In time, I am sure you will be happy you decided to do this. One day at a time.
Dr. Anain said the surgery went well. I have no idea what I look like because of all of the padding. I woke really, really sick to my stomach despite all of the anti nausea patches and injections into my drip. The nurse than gave me Benydryl which stopped the feeling but made me really tired and so dry in my mouth. I came home and slept most of rest of the day. My husband emptied the drains and a lot of fluid came out. I am surprised at the range of motion I have in my arms which is good. I'm really tender under my right arm and at this time still feeling sick to my stomach with a headache. But, you know what? I can stand up and look down and see my feet without leaning forward. The care I received at the surgery center was exceptional! Kudos to Millard Fillmore Surgery Center and Dr. Anain.