Would Do This over Again - Brooklyn, NY

I am african american and i have had terrible acne...

i am african american and i have had terrible acne scars all over my face. loads of them. decided to get the vi peel and waited till it was spring break .got my peel on thursday, took less than 45mins. the doctor took her time to explain to me every step of the procedure. clean my face with a cleanser, then degreased it with acetone. after that she applied the vi peel .it stung for a bit but after fanning it down with a paper fan i was fine. i also itched alot . and for the next 2 days my face was red and itch, on the 3rd day as she said i started to peel. i am on the 4th day and still peeling .and i can already see the difference . can't wait to do this over again would do it myself the next time around as i can save a few bucks buying the peel online. it took of 60% of my acne scars away . can't wait to have another done so i can finally be acne scar free. would upload pictures once i finish peeling

I thought to update pictures so you can see for...

i thought to update pictures so you can see for your self, i am still try happy with my results and i was told one peel won't take it all off which i didn't expect it to but it has taken a good percent of and stopped the acne filled with pus. will do this again once i'm out of school so i don't have to go out at all like i did the first time during spring break

I would be going back to do this one more time...

i would be going back to do this one more time during spring break but i wanted to update with pictures how my face finally cleared up after just one try. and also as i been getting emails asking where it is and i dont usually come on here . this is the info
2769 Coney Island Ave, 2nd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11235
Dr. Emma Benjamin: 718-676-0305
the website: www.harmonieultime.com
dr emma benjamin

excellent overall definitely reduced my acne scars

You look amazing! I'm considering getting this done. I also have suffered from acne.... I now have ice pick pores. I just want them to vanish!
wow great improvement
Thank you sooo much for sharing! I will definitely be trying this treatment.
I mean she did that ! You look fabulous keep up the great work .
Sorry, I hit post comment before I was done, lol. As I was saying, I'm not happy with my results :(... My acne marks didn't get any lighter and my face looks the exact same. I was hoping for results like urs... I will get another peel, just don't know if it will be a VI Peel. Thanks for posting ur story, makes me feel like at least it worked for someone :) u look great!
Wow! Ur results are A M A Z I N G!! I have acne marks like u, but mine are a bit more red in color, I do have some dark ones as well. I had the VI Acne Peel about 2 weeks ago and I must say, I am dissapointed
your results are great!! I see a definite improvement. Im getting my Vi peel after one round of the Rejuvenize peel by skin Medica. Vi peel is the strongest peel safe for African Americans.
I did a jessner, and want to go up step by step. did you do ur vi? Should i do a Rejuvenize first? I don;t know if the Vi is stronger than the Rejuvenize. Or can I go straight to Vi? I am italian with olive skin, with melasma, and need to be careful myself. i am thinking of this step system myself, as everywhere i go, they just try to sell me what ever they have.

Wow you look great! I don't think you need you need another peel. I had similar scars- for some reason the ones on my forehead went away. Try Retin A.

Wow! Your results look great. Hoping mine will be good.
Great results thank you for sharing
Fabulous, fabulous results! So happy for you. Your skin looks really great. Just to echo others on the boards, please don't do chemical peels yourself. The horror stories from self-peelers are truly frightening. Plus, you had such a great experience with this doctor you can be sure you'll have similar again. Congrats again!

Thanks so much for sharing. My derm recommended this to me last night and having done so many peels in the past, I wanted to blow off her suggestion. It's not often I can find reviews and experiences from other black women online. So thank you. Glad to see the peels helped you.

I would recommend NOT doing it yourself at home. Both myself and my friend scarred our faces because we left it on too long.We both have dark marks on our cheeks!! Pay the money and go to a professional.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I'm sorry you and your friend had this happen.

I am so excited for you! I have suffered from Acne since I was 12 and I will be 36 and still have issues. Your results are great and I am sure it helps your confidence. I am getting the peels and hydro facials done and see significant improvement in tone and texture of my skin. Best wishes Nikki.

I'm so happy for you that you got such great results! I really want to WARN you though about doing it yourself. I'm in my 60s and I was gonna buy the peel on eBay and do it myself. I'm on a fixed income and don't have much money. Then I read some horror stories about people selling chemicals for these peels that aren't human grade. Some people have been totally burned like their faces were melted off. I also just read that phenol (which is in the Vi peels) can even cause heart problems. Go to this site and then "edit", "find", cardiac and read what it says. It just isn't worth it to save a little money. Good luck with your continued success!

I think your post is totally extreme.. I perform this peel daily. It is a breeze to do and I have people of all ages getting it done, The phenol is so minimal for you to say it can cause heart conditions is absolutely extreme exaggeration.

Great to hear your update & see your after pictures - soooo glad you liked what it did for you!! Please continue to keep us updated on how your skin is doing & when you decide to have another one done. :)

are you still happy with it? I have family in Brooklyn and visit often so your review really stands out to me.
i have uploaded pictures and put up an update. i am loving my skin! can't wait till i don't have to use concealers again
Thank you...your skin looks gorgeous. :)
Your photos shows great results, congrats. What is the address for the location where u hand your peel done?
*had
im a bit concern because this is my face I'm talking about and as i have never done a chemical peel , but it's seems like an easy process