Procedure Was Ok Now Waiting for Results! - Brooklyn, NY

I was so determined to have this done since I have...

I was so determined to have this done since I have been suffering w cellulite for years now. I've never had any surgeries in my life so I was nervous but it was ok.. I went to dr. decorato in staten island. he was really nice and very professional. I felt comfortable immediately. after the consult I waited a week for the procedure. I took Xanax for anxiety on the way there and waited a while before i went in and was almost falling asleep in the waiting room. once I went in i was wide awake and a little nervous again but the nurses were so nice. they let me keep my cell phone with me and even took pictures!! the numbing was the worst part.. I cursed out loud.. the rest was ok with minimal pain in a few areas that the drsaid may not have gotten as numb. it took around two hours. I felt fat and sore afterwards and it was hard for me to walk normally. stairs were worst. once I got home I sat on the couch and tried motto move too much. the garments not really uncomfortable but iwas leaking a lot. I didn't sleep too well last nit either mainly because of the garment. I woke up with more bleeding and my legs feel very swollen and lumpy right now but less big. I was told I could shower today and remove the garment but I toolkit off for a second just to get a peek and put it right back on.. I don't want to take any chances.. I see cellulite still but it's only the day after and I'm full of water still.. so I can't really tell anything yet.. I have post op tomorrow!! I'll keep posting my progress for others but as for the procedure.. it was easy for the most part.. I am tattooed everywhere and it was less than tattoo pain.. :) I'd def recommend dr. decorato!!!! if my cellulite goes away for good ill be soooooooooo happy!!!! so far so good!!!! I am very optimistic!! wush me luck!!

So I went to dr decorato this morning for my post...

so I went to dr decorato this morning for my post op.. he says my legs look great and the swelling and lumpiness is normal. he also said I should actually swell more today and tomorrow before it will start to go down. I was glad to hear that!! so far so good!!

First time was NOT good at all. I saw no...

First time was NOT good at all. I saw no improvement. I had more lumping on my thighs and they wete numb forever. After the six month point, my surgeon repeated the procedure. So far it looks way better than the first time and i am way less uncomfortable. I wouldnt have wasted the money had i known id have to repeat the procedure and wear this stupid garment for what feels like eternity.

What a nightmare. I had to have three surgeries....

what a nightmare. I had to have three surgeries. after the third one, I still have barely any changes for the better, but plenty for the worse! I am also constantly back in e office having fluids drained from one leg. my legs are disgusting and I def will never ever be wearing shorts again! stay away from this treatment!
New York Plastic Surgeon

the wait was bad.. but I was on Xanax so I was pretty woozy.. the nurses in the o.r. are awesome!!!! I paid half cash and financed the rest so that was easy too.. the woman who does the financing is very nice as well..

might I also add that I had to have lipo done to get rid of scarring from the first two surgeries? and it has been two moths since my third time and I am still numb in many areas! smfh.
I am very sorry to hear this, ree gee. Do you think it might be worth while to get a second opinion regarding the seromas and the treatment that you are receiving? I am just worried that with so many surgeries, especially in a short period of time, you might be causing damage to your legs. Thanks for the update. Best wishes.
I have to get the sermon treated. I had it drained two days ago and it's back again now. this is a nightmare!
Hey! so I am 3 days out from my 2nd surgery (ugh) now as well...gonna post an update on my page...ree gee how are you feeling/looking this time around? Any difference?
still horrible. I don't know what to do at this point being that my legs are worse.
My second surgery was a bit more sucessful but he made so many more incisions so I have a whole bunch of scarring and all kinds of dark marks all over my legs...and of course I STILL have cellulite...so yeah...and my legs are still itchy and numb at almost 4 months after my 2nd proceedure :/
Sorry LaLa :( The numbness will take a while to go away. I don't know if I mentioned to you but I had the procedure done end of December and my legs also are a bit numb still and I also have the small scars at the incision sites and a bit of staining on my legs. The good news is that I went to a dermatologist and was told that the scars can be taken care of with a laser and the numbness and staining will go away. We just have to be patient (I know easier said than done lol). Hopefully you see enough improvement in your cellulite to make all this worth it for you. Best wishes.
I was actually at my 6 month with Dr. Decorato yesterday and I too am going to have it done again....I SOOOOO dont want to have to go through all of that but alas I spent a lot of money to see results and damnit I am determined to see these results....good luck with your recovery - I am suposed to have my surgery scheduled for begining/mid Dec....hopefully it works this time.
omg really?? I thought I was the only one doing a redo!! you went to decorato as well? what happened to yours?
Yup...nothing happened which is what the problem is lol...NO result my cellulite is not deminished AT ALL. I am hoping the second go around works...I really hope it works. If you want to hear all of the gory details I posted a review all about it on here. http://www.realself.com/review/staten-island-ny-cellulaze-finally-there-hope
Ree Gee and LaLa, I am outraged on your behalf. The fact that Ree Gee had results and less discomfort after the repeat, shows that the problem was not the tool but the operator. At least LaLa you now know, thanks to Ree Gee, that this doctor has learned and is able to do a proper job on the repeat. Still, it is awful that you ladies have to go through this twice; and, not to be a negative Nelly here, but I still can't figure out what had happened with your arm lipo LaLa - for Cellulaze at least there is a plausible explanation in that the procedure was brand new when you had it done, but for the arm lipo??! Please keep us posted. Best wishes.
I had mine done in May. My legs show little to no results. My doctor has suggested a redo. Here it is December and I am still wondering if the pain and money will be worth it. Has anyone had positive results on a redo?

I'm so glad to hear you were able to get the treatment redone. I know its not ideal, but at least you are seeing better results. Please keep us posted on what kind of results you see, since it seems you are one of the first to have the procedure done twice.

Hoping the garment isn't bothering you too much today - one day closer to being out of it!!

I had it done 2 weeks ago. I was the surgeon's teaching model. She cut me a deal and did a great job as far as I can tell. I am still numb and swollen, but improving. I do mild pilates and walk. She stressed wearing pads and compression garment for 6 weeks. That's a tough one, but I try to stick to it. I used twilight anesthesia for an extra $800 & was well worth it! Good luck ladies :-D
In two weeks it will be three months since my cellulaze procedure with Dr. Dibernardo. I see little difference but nothing major. I still have little numbness in small sections of my legs. Some dimples faded however others still remain. Not too pleased with the results yet. Will keep you posted.
Hey.....hope u have gotten maximum results.....please update us.....n if possible can u post before n after pics....thanx
My cellulite is as old as me and I am 40,I had front of my legs done 1 month ago and it steel a bit sore,I do see much less dimples and some of my dimples were deep dents, an hope it's going to get even better.I had it done with dr.Rapoport in North Jersy,he is excellent and careful,he wouldn't do front and back in one day and now I see why. His fee is on the lower end.I paid 4000 for the front and he will do my back of the legs for only 2000, I went to dr Decorato for consultation and to be onest didnt feel comfortable with the way the quote ,in the room doctor told me its going to be 5000 but his patient coordinator told me that they also have facility fee which is another 1800 .
How are things looking these days?
Helpful, Dr. Blinski. I had my pre-op yesterday -- most was discussed, but not numbness. Doc said that by two months, I should see some real improvement. I didn't ask what grade of cellulite I have, but my non-clinical assessment is "BAD." :) I've done OBAGI Nu-Derm before and it showed me how the skin behaves, that results take time (it's not Botox insta-magic), and that they'll be worth it. Patience is hard when you spend $5K, I guess! :)
I know but you must be patient. I hope your certified CELLULAZE doc explained the healing time pre operatively. Best of luck. Just finish 40,000 joules or one use fiber Cellulaze with exchange breast implants, mini TT with MR, SL + lipo upper/mid abdomen & hips, fat transfer to right hips defect. So many of my Cellulaze operations are in combination with other cosmetic surgeries. Regards Dr. B, MIAMI
What about spotty discoloration of the skin?
What I believe you are missing is the individual variations in each person's metabolism/physiology/healing responses. Also I do not believe each of you are the exact same grade of cellulite nor did each have the same numbers of joules delivered. Also must consider each's medical history. Thus ON AVERAGE the CELLULAZE operation has a healing phase. In that phase there is swelling, black & blue (ecchymosis), numbness, mild discomfort to light pain, slow observation of results. That is the reason we, the CELLULAZE certified docs, are saying it take 3 to 6 months to see the final results. It took a life time to have cellulite. Allow the 6 months of healing before you state your final thoughts. I hope each of you were given a pre operative discuss of these above facts and timing of the dealing. If not PLEASE discuss with your surgeon, because your complete understanding and happiness is our goal. Regards Dr. B, MIAMII
thank you so much for your input. It is GREATLY appreciated.
So, Dr. Blinski, you are saying that even at the 3-month mark, it is normal to have a little numbness still and sensitivity to the touch? This WILL go away, right? My doctor was not clear on this. Thank you.