Paid and Got Nothing in Return - Bridgeville, PA

Pamphlet states reveal your true shape in two...

Pamphlet states reveal your true shape in two weeks. Why do you have to pay up front? They won't refund your money when you receive nothing.

False measurements, told to breath in when measuring for progress. The hidden message everyone is not talking about is, they do not guarantee it. I have two copies of my measurements and numbers have been changed. Here's another good one, they stated that I refused detox, drinking lemonade mixture to reduce visceral fat.

I was offered 1 extra treatment, then I would have to pay, at a lower cost, for more treatments until I was happy. Well, if six treatments didn't work why would one more help? Then spend more money, not a chance I knew they were out to get more money at that point. They said I that this visceral fat is around my organs, how would a chiropractor be able to tell that. He never touched my body.

I have nothing in my savings because these people aren't able to admit that they are wrong. I have been going to the gym for the past 7 years, they could check that. I followed all the rules they told me. Drink water no alcohol no caffeine. I exercised. When I noticed by the fourth treatment nothing had happened, I questioned them, they said it takes 6.

They had photo's in the office of Day 1 and then Day 6. This to me was the way it should have been. Then I would have been satisfied. I asked about a refund and they said they have over head and could not refund. Then when I asked why you have to pay up front. I was told they were very busy and you have to do that to keep your spot. So which is it. I am willing to get involved to sue and get my money back.

My son is an attorney but in a different field. I am going to check to see who he might recommend. I contacted the BBB but they were able to lie to them and then I didn't get the chance to explain. I also have a witness, a friend went with me. I'm ready for a fight hope you are too. The pain is for mental distress.

I see most of the people who claim it worked live...

I see most of the people who claim it worked live in Texas. I still can't believe them. And out of 48 people 29 of us say it did nothing. If they have so many patients, that's what they tell you when you make your appointments and keep your money. So many patients, then refund our money.

Dr William Cole

They are sneaky, they measure you and don't show you anything. They put you in a room push a button and that's it. They lie stating you lost inches when you didn't. They wrote false numbers down and I have the proof. I have a witness to verify what I'm telling you is the truth. I called and explained my disappointment. I thought the customer is always right, not in this case. They have more money, than I will ever know. I make $25.000 a year but saved for this because I couldn't achieve it on my own. It would have been worth it it it worked but it didn't. I have nothing to show for my money, and I can take photo's to prove it. They claim to know about fat around you organs, how the heck would they know that. I never saw the Dr preform any Chiropractic treaments on anyone. Just push the button and make money off people that trusted you and your cousin assistant.

The 5% of of people it doesn't work for make up for 90% of the online reviews. I HATE sites like this because typically only people who don't get results have bad experience are THE ONLY people online talking about it. The people with results go on and live a happy life not caring about posting about it online. Your bad experience does not disprove over 2000 studies. Hundreds of thousands of people have had this done, your just one of the 5%, doesnt disprove the studies. The FDA doesnt care about you, it cares about the other 5,000 people who havent complained.
Sounds like you got a fake Zerona. Real zerona you sign a form saying if it doesnt workk 100% refund, get to speak with a doctor , fill out more paperwork.
FDA approval ONLY MEANS that the device is safe, it does NOT mean that it works as stated.
No the FDA backs the claims and evaluated the trials supporting the claims. Brothers a plastic surgeon and it says FDA does back the trials.
I just finished 6 treatments of Zerona purchased by my husband as a gift thru saving websites. It still cost me $400. The treatments were split between two facilities. The first facility only weighed me at the begining and the last visit. They also sold me the supplement with niacin for $50. Last year, my husband and I lost 50 pounds and have continue to follow a healthy eating plan, along with exercise and drinking 100 ounces of water. So I had no problem following the protocol. I drink very little caffeine (Diet Rite, herb tea, one coffee a week). But I even cut that totally out about 3-weeks before I started the Zerona. The second facility measured (1st and last visit) and weighed me (each visit). Now I have a problem with the fact that I also take my own measurements and the numbers they used indicated that my waiste is as big as my hips and bust. I only need to lose 15 pounds. Something is definityly not right about they way they measure. They did try to push the detox plan that was an additional over $200, along with some other plan. I told them I was already taking the niacin supplement. The last day I expressed my disappointment and the girl went down the list of protocol. Then she also said that I needed to be drinking their detox water in the lobby. This was the first time anyone said anything about it and it is only lemon and lime water. I have been drinking this on my own for over a year anyway. The other place gave me a bottle of water after each treatmen, the second facility did not. I also carry water with me and these places were an hour drive one way for me. This was a total waste of time! And I watched Dr. Oz too. I will be writing to both facilities and to the sites that put out the discount rate. Years ago, when body wraps was being done my husband did those for me too. Also a total waste of money and time! What a scam!
Hello

Thank you for the information, I now see what you are saying. But, how do you explain people that say they have lost 6-9 inches and 10-15 lbs. It just seems impossible. That there was absolutely no results for me but people claiming it is effective beyond what could medically happen? Let me know please

Irisheyes806
First, requirements for FDA approval are flimsy; the treatment has to be more effective than doing nothing. Sure, these machines do something - used properly, they do damage fat cells. However, not all the fat is excreted through the lymphatic system; a great deal is simply re-absorbed. In-office, laser assisted lipo is touted as a less invasive liposuction alternative, but the incisions are just as long and less fat can be removed due to the surgeon's inability to use the cannulae as aggressively as necessary. So really, what do you expect from lying around under a light bulb? "Laser" is not a magic wand; it's a form of light and if it penetrated the skin deeply enough to "explode" fat cells to the extent claimed, it would result in serious cutaneous burns. The same goes for Formostar (a hot body wrap that's supposed to "melt" calories), Beauty Angel ("jiggle your way to health in 10 minutes a day), and any other treatment that doesn't follow the dictates of common sense. Our surgeon stopped training on laser lipo after seeing the poor results and the damage an inexperienced practitioner can do when moving a laser blindly through a body.
hahaha Funny.

Why do you continue to badger people because they are giving their opinion. You mock me for assuming you were a man, and giving me a hard time for posting on a holiday.

You clearly have a vested interest in this faux-laser beam fat burning miracle invention. If it works so well please use it on your head.

Oh and saying that it's FDA approved is like saying FDA approved Phen-fen, Vioxx, Pemoline,Permax,and artificial hips from IOM are safe and effective. I could list another 50 drugs and devices that were approved by the FDA in the last 5 years that were than proven to kill or harm people and were later removed.

How long has your faux-laser beam been in operation? Less than 3 years, I'll continue taking my chances with good ole' diet and exercise rather than your magic ion beam from space.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-
This comment does not follow our Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Really

How do you explain all the people on here that are unhappy also. If the doctor had any integrity he would be happy to refund money because it didn't work. What is he out, almost nothing. You push a button, come back and in 40 minutes come back and push it again. If someone can show you what they looked like when they started and show you what they looked like after 6 treatments and there is no change, they have a right to be upset and anyone would be it they didn't get what they paid for.They have watched their diet, drank the water, did the exercise and took the pills and nothing not even close did anything happen. So explain why more than half of the people on here have had the same negative outcome. A few doctors did refund the money. I feel when I'm wronged or have heard the same from others, something has to be done. We'll find out soon about the attorney general I know someone that works for the state. We'll see what he thinks.
I just read that you shouldn't have fat floating around in your body it could be dangerous. But you probably don't care about that, just the money.
Please stop googling things and actually talk to your PCP. You really do not make any sense. No fact basis, just silly claims that you think help support the nonsense you spout out because you know how to use a computer. If your claims were true and you filed things with the BBB, attorney general and you constantly talk about getting a refund. How'd those work out for you? If you are in the right why hasn't any legal system supported you?
If you have scientific knowledge the about 50 people on here have been scammed you let me know how that works. About my weekend I was gone and that's none of your business, what were you doing research on the Zerona??? Please get a life and stop trying to put people down. You are rude, let me know what you think about the medical doctors on here. I'm sure you know more than they do. (person)?? with knowledge??? I am sending a complaint to the attorney general in my state, maybe I should give them your name to help make a decision, since you know everything.
You seem to be the one with an ego, like you know everything everyone should feel. You criticize people
that have a right to voice their opinions. We all have knowledge and that's why we're here to share it with others. Not to be put down and have remarks made that are out of line. By the way did you read the remarks on here from the two Medical Doctors?????

Irish
Those medical doctors are plastic surgeons. So believe me I'm sure they have their own agenda for their claims. Have either of them actually ever used it? Studied it? Been a participant in the fact finding? I highly doubt it. I'm sure their practices have taken a hit lately over the new non-surgical technology that has come out. Like I said I'm sure they have their motives, whatever the reason may be. As far has having an ego I'm just stating facts. Nothing I said was false. And if you are entitled to your opinion as am I am. and My Opinion is that you are behaving like a petulant child. I wasn't mean, I was only stating the facts I saw in front of me, and the fact is all anyone has done is complain. No facts, no research, no nothing. I do find it amusing that people act like this. and I'm actually embarrassed that I even got involved in these ridiculous conversations, but I could not let the other side not be told. The one where low level technology has been in use for decades and people all over the WORLD use it. The side where I point out facts and get told I have an ego for simply knowing more than you. Truth is you weren't happy and rather than act like an adult you harrass people on an internet forum to make yourself feel better for the fact you still have not lost weight. I feel bad. I feel bad for people who really do have weight issues and have struggled their entire life. I feel bad for people who work hard and do the right things and they still don't feel good about themselves. What I do not feel bad about is people who negate total and complete science fact to belittle people who do practice something they have found to their dissatisfaction. I do not feel bad for people who are so mean spirited and live such a negative life. Find peace because it is the only way your body will heal and you will beable to move forward. God Bless.
What I find amusing is that, you disregard all actual scientific knowledge because you feel you're the worlds leading expert on photography. I continue to be amused that you spent your holiday on this website. Also it's amusing you assumed I am a male. Which you would be wrong. Sexist much? Have a blessed day everyone.
I find it interesting that the posts stopped after "PersonWithKnowledge" posted his book on his technology. Honestly, my big problem with Zerona is every website that claims to do it has the worst before and after pictures I've ever seen! It's like they took pictures of their patients with the world's first digital camera. Wouldn't it be best to document high quality before and after pictures to convince people of somethings effectiveness? I still think the jury's out on this faux-laser.
Do you know the risks of millions of FDA cleared drugs? far more grave than a laser not working on everyone. What procedure works on everyone? What is success rate of most invasive surgeries? 100 percent? There are hundreds of website forums devoted to people complaining about drugs, cosmetic surgeries and other surgeries, exercise equipment. This website is no different and proves nothing different. There will always be unhappy people with everything but that does not disprove the surgeries, drugs, lasers, health regimes just because you have a lot of really angry people complaining for over a year about the same thing or similar things. Its human nature to complain, and to talk about about the complaining. Good reviews dont come often because people are happy and dont waste there time on websites complaining endlessly. what makes anyone an expert and other plastic surgeons, medical doctors, and other doctors who use this laser everyday for years not experts? subjectivity?
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

EXACTLY. The zerona official person told me up front, " there are people it doesn't work for" like omg, just because a couple people have bad / horrible experiences they then waste there life on forums complaining. its so true if you have a good experience you go on ENJOYING your life. it's only angry bitter people who come online to complain or to disprove studies.
Hi

Yes, I did because I believed they could help me get rid of my belly fat. I believe if I could lose 10 to 15 lbs I would be O.K. with that. No surgery is for sure if we think about it. However I did mention on my 4th visit that I saw not improvement. They said you have to have all 6 treatments for it to work. Not true, I say nothing. But after thinking back, I never should have paid up front. That should be your first red flag. You should pay for something after it is done. Or if it doesn't work you should get a refund. I know these people are making tons of money off women that think it will help them. But it doesn't.
Irish
Just so everyone knows. The Zerona is FDA approved. The research is based on 1,700 case studies on low level lasers (which is what the Zerona is)and over 200 studies on the Zerona use for this purpose. Low level lasers have been in use since 1998. The type of fat the laser is going to affect is subcutaneous fat. It is the soft flabby tissue. Visceral fat is fat that lies deeper beneath the skin, and surrounds the body’s internal organs. Patients who come in to use Zerona laser sometimes have both. Some offices address both types with different programs to help the body heal from the inside as well. Often times these are optional. Some clinics offer only the Zerona which base their results primarily off inches. Zerona suggests a minimum of 6 treatments. With greater goals and more resistant bodies sometimes more sessions are necessary. The research and individual cases of patients using the Zerona is based on their inches lost, not weight. Reason being is that if someone is doing their arms, and or chin or other smaller body part is going to differ from someone doing a larger body portion. Also people's weights that do this procedure greatly vary from Fitness Professionals to people who are morbidly obese. Same as with age and gender can vary. The reason this procedure is so practical for many people is for those exact reasons. Everyone's body is different and functions on different levels of ability to process change. The Doctors and staff of these clinics only see patients for a maximum of 40 minute treatments for three times a week for the duration of their program. It is impossible for a physician to know what every patient does for the remainder of the 23 hours a day and the four days they're not in the offices/clinics/facilities. Patients need to be honest with themselves and their doctors. It is important to talk to them about lifestyle changes, if they feel their goals may be bigger and want to maintain it. Again it is different for every person. If you are eating a consistent amount of fatty foods and not changing your life at all, the laser will keep you from gaining weight, but is fighting an uphill battle to help the body flush more fat for a discernable difference to be seen. The laser is scientifically proven to work. It's the patient’s commitment and body types that are the varying factor in all of this. As for contracts most medical clinics are advised to take payments up front. This is to ensure patients commitment to programs. Often time’s offices/ physicians book patients, days, weeks, and months in advance. For every patient that would schedule then cancel is taking away an opportunity for another committed person to be at those offices. On a less professional level of speaking, how many of you would expect to go to a gym and not pay because you haven't lost weight, even though you know for a fact that gym equipment is proven effective? Didn't some of you folks say you go to gyms? Why continue to pay? Just a thought. As far as each states Better Business Bureau is concerned in most cases is more likely to side with the customer. They are a fair judge and will only base their conclusion on facts. In which case if a customer files a claim and the facility is found not at fault is based on factual/ contractual evidence. And to continue on with the laser, Zerona has appeared on many shows and news media. It can be found featured on Rachel Ray, The Doctors, Dr. Oz, Good Morning America, and many other credible shows. The reason these can be cited is because they are legally obligated to only put things on their show they can show proof of working and being a good source for the consumer. In conclusion. It sounds like many of these discrepancies can fall back on the patients themselves. This isn’t' a legal issue, a doctor's issue, a scientific debate. Those are things that have been found to stand on their own and have for many years. It's a personal issue in which patients are not completely honest or not aware of what they might be doing wrong, because they cannot take fault with themselves. Instead they place blame on people and places they believed could be a miracle cure for their lack of knowledge and commitment. You can't change your body if you can't change your outlook on things and follow a trained physician’s advice. Good Luck to you, and all others in your journey through life. It will be more difficult in the long run if you hold on these hatreds and bitterness and angst. Stress causes the body to gain and hold onto fat.Try opening your mind and heart to facts and heal yourself. Learn to love yourself and others and the body will follow in steed. Sincerely Signed. P.s. There is no claim in this that for some people the body is just not responsive due to actual medical reasons. Those can be determined by a doctor or your pcp. Everyone should look at their options and for some the Zerona may not be the best option. That's why you have to have a consult and see if you are a candidate. Be honest in those so that the doctor can make a legitimate suggestion based on your individual case. Good luck to all. God Bless. P.P.S. Below are listed some sources of places on the web to find answers and research yourself. Reference points. Some interesting medical points if you wish to research farther. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zEDXMKkqX4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mR6fqalGAo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NViTCawxrHk http://www.baumanblog.com/follicleblog/2010/08/breaking-news-zerona-laser-gets-fda-approval-for-body-slimming-and-inch-loss.html#tp (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://lowerbloodpressurecheap.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/visceral-fat-279x300.jpg&imgrefurl=http://lowerbloodpressurecheap.com/visceral-fat&usg=__zEquzcad7wF2T_Ai1ANu8B5JNbU=&h=300&w=279&sz=25&hl=en&start=1&zoom=1&itbs=1&tbnid=UbdciJ5OgvIQgM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=108&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dvisceral%2Bfat%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26rlz%3D1W1DLUS_en%26biw%3D1259%26bih%3D762%26tbm%3Disch%26prmd%3Divnsfd&ei=shnpTeXZIYr40gG-vsWEAQ)
@ irisheyes...did you sign a consent to do the treatment? Zerona's consent states there is no guarantee. we have zerona in our office and i noticed right away the "disclaimer" if u will. however, we've had really good results with it so far. sorry your procedure didnt work out, i hope u can resolve those issues with the company
may I ask where is your office? I'm interested in getting Zerona laser therapy but this comment scars me. How come one office can have some result and other office doe not? aren't are the Zerona machines the same?