Breast Reduction & Lift: Wish I Did It Sooner! - Newport Beach

I finally had breast reduction surgery and went...

I finally had breast reduction surgery and went from a GG to a DD. I met with 4 ASPS board certified plastic surgeons in Orange County, CA and finally chose one after a year of consults & research. I have a very low tolerance for pain & this was WAY better than I feared. It was NOT painful, just very sore. I used the pain pills for about 2 days and then nothing. After 2 weeks, the soreness is much improved and after 5 weeks, I felt 100%.

I am so happy with the size of my breasts and the lift is incredible!!! The lift is the cherry on top! They look absolutely amazing and I can go into any store and buy a bra off the rack. I fit so much better in my clothes and am no longer embarrassed and strategically hiding my bustline with baggy clothes, jackets, etc. I also don't have rashes or neck pain! I really wish I had done this sooner. I would recommend this procedure to any large-busted woman looking for relief. It's incredible! Oh and my surgeon was fabulous. Not only does she had a wonderful bedside manner but her surgical skills are top notch. My breasts are absolutely beautiful.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon

Dr. C is a delightful woman and an artisan plastic surgeon. She explained everything in detail to me without me having to ask. At our first consult, she spent over an hour with me and I really felt at ease with her. As a woman, I knew she understood how important my breasts were to me. She listened to my wants and needs very carefully and she exceeded my expectations. I would recommend her in a heartbeat. She is a very skilled surgeon & a wonderful lady.

Your surgeon did an amazing job! I am going from a G to a D and seeing your photos made me feel like I won't look too big. How many grams did she remove from each side?
I too had GG cups and I am 3 weeks post Op and at this time I am a C cup. I'm just wondering if you were a DD cup right out of surgery or have did they shrink or grow to a DD? BTW, your PS did an amazing job!
She is incredible. Not only in skill but in overall personality and demeanor. I adore her! I was a DD straight out of surgery. They haven't grown although I've been told that women with large breasts tend to grow them back and know gals that have had 2 and 3 reductions. I'm 3 years out and they're still the same size. I'm 5 foot 9 and a size 14/16 with an hourglass shape so we wanted to keep me "balanced" and "curvy." I could have gone to a D and been happy but I'm very happy with the end result. The sideboob meat and all the boob in the middle was removed and you can see the results for yourself. I think you'll be super happy with yours too! Congrats!
when you have to start "building" you own bras because you are so small in the band and large on top you learn alot about cup and band size differences..no need for you to agree
well actually it does really matter because a 34 dd cup is quite smaller than a 38 dd cup so when i look at your breast size on me it would be an e or maybe even an f ... all ds are not the same ..all dds are not the same all cup sizes are not the same and one of the many factors is in fact the band size .. when choosing size it is a bit scary and perception can play tricks on your eyes..that is why i asked you the question, because it is relevant ..sorry for having bothered you with that ..
No worries, I just didn't get it. I'm not sure I would agree with that but I'll trust ya! When you're with your doc, you really have to discuss your expectations. I'm very full figured, 5 foot 9 and a size 14 so my doctor really wanted to keep me "full & curvy." She did a great job with that for sure!
what is your band size? what can we expect after a year do they drop even more ..your picture is my wish pic ..hence all the questions..;) what stage were you at on the after pic if you remember?
I'm not sure why the band size is relevant. It doesn't really matter if you're a 34 a 36 or a 40, it's more the cup size. I'm now a 38DD or 40DD depending on brand and was a G or GG prior. I'm 2.5 years out and my scars are barely noticeable, I have all my sensation and they're still pretty perky. I am VERY happy!
Hi, considering reduction surgery, and was wondering if you could tell me if u expect to have normal sensation back in your nipples once it all settles down? has the surgeon discussed this with you at all?
Surgeons will ALWAYS tell you that there is a risk of losing sensation, however, my surgeon also told me that she has never had a patient lose sensation. I did not lose any sensation. The nerves "grow back" a centimeter or milimeter a day (or something like that) so it can be a bit slow but mine is all there thankfully! I think nowadays it's much less common and definitely not something that should prevent you from moving forward.
thank you so much for replying, I very much appreciate it. Thank you too for being honest. from what I can tell you are about 2 yrs post op at this point. If that's right, can you give me an idea when you think you had full feeling back? What a shame I am so far away, or I would have certainly visited your surgeon. Can anyone in the Sydney (Aust) area recommend a surgeon. Female would be a bonus, but not absolutely necessary. Thanks again "mgallagator" for your quick and thoughtful reply. I think this is back on my "to do list" and soon.
Did you have a nipple graft or pedicule? I had the nipple graft and may not get the sensations back but it's still worth it! I will miss the sensation but I'm sure we'll figure something out
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your breasts look great what is you band size ?
Thank you for the update! You look so great!
I'm having my reduction on Feb 7 and so very excited though nervous. My surgeon and staff have been absolutely amazing so far and I've heard nothing from the best from others in my area who have had reduction done by Dr. Rollins. Hard to imagine what I'm going to look and feel like
My scars are BARELY even noticeable! I'm caucasian of Western EUropean descent which tends to not scar. I barely even used Bio Oil on the scars so with very minimal (if any)lotions or creams, you can barely see any marks. Plus the breasts have dropped a wee bit, which also helps cover them. My hubby comments how gorgeous they look and how he can hardly see any scars. But even when the scars were new he said he didn't really notice them. I would NOT let the possibility of scars deter you from this procedure. I love my new boobs!!!
Thanks! I am just waiting for the insurance ok!
I was just wondering after a whole year how are your scars looking?
you look amazing!
have they started to sag a little yet? I love the lift sooooo much...I don't want them to ever sag again!
No not so much sag but they are softer and very natural looking. Still perky and up there!! I think women who go without wearing a bra end up sagging.
OMG, I feel awesome. Are you thinking of doing it?
I did mine back in 2009 and love it!!
Congratulations!! You look great and I bet you feel much better.