Breast Reduction/Lift - Atlanta, GA

I'm Brandie. I'm 20 years old, was a...

I'm Brandie. I'm 20 years old, was a 34 F. I am a C cup now. I have Tricare Prime Insurance.

My breast reduction process went very fast! I went to my primary care doctor and he prescribed muscle relaxers for my back pain and sent a referral to a plastic surgeon. My insurance approved me going to the plastic surgeon. I had my initial appointment and the doctor said he would need to move my nipples 5 cm up and take about 400 cc out of each breast. I waited for about a week for my insurance to approve the actual surgery. I got a letter in the mail from Tricare approving the surgery, and a call from the plastic surgeon's office saying they approved it. I set a date for the surgery for Sep 15.

I just had the surgery and feel great! The surgery was over before I knew it. The drains hurt kinda bad then they took them out. They felt sore afterwards but not even bad enough to cry. on a scale from 1-10 I'd rate the pain level about a 4. I highly recommend getting the surgery done. Its worth it for sure.

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

I got my bill from the hospital today (thankfully I don't have to pay any of the total bc my husband is deployed) but it was $19,000.

WOW...

@MsPerry thank you so much girl!

@Fantasia thanks for the advice
Great news, Brandie! Most breast reductions go well with not a lot of pain or problems. I'm a stickler for aftercare so don't try to do too much too soon. Keep following RealSelf - it is an amazing site.
Hi Brandie.

Congrats on your surgery.. Im glad everything went well. Iam actually on the phone right now with my surgeons assistant trying to schedule my surgery right now. Iam soo happy for you. I hope you recover very well and very fast! :D keep us all posted on your progress. and also post some pictures so when can see your before and after results.
I can't wait to go shopping!

Welcome to RealSelf!   Congratulations on your new breasts and thank you for sharing your journey.  That is an amazing change in size and I know you feel better.  I bet you will have fun shopping for the new tops and bras!!

Keep us up to date on your recovery and do share your tips for the process.