A New Life & Second Chance - Jacksonville

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in late 2006....

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in late 2006. Reconstruction is a long process, and I felt comfortable with Dr. Kirk from the first time we met with her, before I had the surgery. She put me at ease, and was reassuring in the very unfamiliar and uncertain situation I was facing. She actually went into the operating room with my surgeon when I had the bilateral mastectomy. She took part in what was done from the beginning, and I woke with some cleavage! (tissue expanders) I remember her coming to see me at the hospital on the day after surgery (which was Saturday afternoon) and sitting on the end of the bed talking to me. My surgeon, Dr. Tina Lam, had also arrived. This made me feel like I was important, to interrupt the weekend and not leave me to the doctor on call. This is pretty exceptional!

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kirk is very easy to talk to, understanding and makes you feel comfortable with your feelings. She takes the time to explain everything to you thoroughly, as well as when you go through the process. Her work is exceptional; you can see her studying the 'project'. She is a true artist in her work. Dr. Kirk wants you to feel good about yourself as well as the results. I am almost finished with the reconstruction and appreciate the patience she has shown during our long process. We have had to work around the healing, expanding, chemo. Then deflation, radiation, expanding, healing, and more surgery. I am so lucky to have found her and couldn't imagine ever going to anyone else for all of my plastic surgery needs !