Saline Implants out After 14 Years- Feb 9

Hello all! I have decided to add my story. This...

Hello all! I have decided to add my story. This site with the stories and photos helped me, so I thought I should give back.

Me: 34 yrs old 5'3 115 lbs athletic Implants: 300+ cc textured tear-drop saline-placed 14 years ago over muscle. Since been pregnant twice and breastfed both. I have no health issues known and no real regrets with having them placed. I think I would have always wanted to know what living with larger breasts would be like but knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have had them. I was about a small B before and C after,and up to D with pregnancy. Over the years they have settled low and have rippling. Also, off center. They look very artificial. I am an athlete and just over having them. Want to prevent future problems, mammogram issues and ready for my small breasts.

My PS was not overly supportive and is telling me "they won't look good." He says I have very little breast tissue b/c of my athletic build. He wanted to replace but no thanks! I am having local only and cutting around nipple with complete removal with no lift including drains. I am motivated by cost and not interested in being put under general at this time. My capsule is very soft and not having removed at this time as well.

I am expecting the worst b/c of my lack of tissue and the drop I already have. I do have good skin with no stretch marks from pregnancy and prev. scars from other surgery in abdomen have healed nicely. I am very confident in this decision. If they look deformed, I will consider a lift in future. I will post pics in the next few days of before and afters.

They're gone! 9 Feb 2012 Hi! Surgery is done and...

they're gone!
9 Feb 2012
Hi! Surgery is done and implants out. It went well. He cut under breast instead of around nipple and placed drains. The only thing that was awkward, was when he tried to removed the right side after deflating he realized it had scar tissue and was stuck. He had to use some elbow grease to remove. Since I just had local, it was odd and uncomfortable, but he got it out and no prob. But the left side came right out, which I was relieved. I have tight tube top looking binder on. I feel really good. No pain.
The breasts are def. deflated and wrinkled but I didn't mind seeing them. Its so nice to have the implants out and look forward to recovery. I am not going to post pics for a couple days since I have binder on and sleepy.

Ok I just added a few pics. I hope my after pics...

Ok I just added a few pics. I hope my after pics don't keep anyone away from removing if they so desire. As you can see in before, my skin was very thin with implants over muscle with lots of drop. They already look better then yesterday...no regrets. Happy to be without the plastic beach balls!

4 days post op check. had an easy weekend. No pain...

4 days post op check. had an easy weekend. No pain. Areas where drains placed little annoying. PS removed drains today since I had very little output. What a relief! Breasts feel softer then ever! I believe they are looking better as well! Less wrinkling...I bought new bra. I guessed a 34 B and it fits pretty well. Love the new look! Don't miss implants at ALL. PS surgeon said" have you seen them yet? Are you ok?" I guess some women get a little mental and shock after removal. Not me! Now I just have stiches under breast to be removed Friday. Couldnt have had an easier recovery thus far.

Post op 11 days Feeling great. Love the new...

Post op 11 days

Feeling great. Love the new girls :) back to my athletic lifestyle..minus swimming. Running is so great!!! No huge support bra. I feel much lighter. I am filling out slowly ..they are def more saggy but I could care less. I will never put an implant in again. Maybe, a huge maybe, a lift later down the road. Best $1000 I ever spent.

thanks for sharing your story! do you have any update pics to share? I just had mine out 4 days ago and look similar to your post op photos, wondering how well they fluffed up over the time? You definitely look way better with out those implants! It must be amazing working out without those things! I can't wait to get back to working out! Take care :)
Thank you for posting. I have been on the fence and you have helped me decide to just 'go for it!'. How are they shaping up (no pun intended) after a few months. I too am athletic, and the implants I got 16 years ago just don't fit who I am. I was athletic 16 years ago, but boobs were a lot more important than PR's in my 20's :). Thank you again - Best Wishes!
Send some more pics .
Glad to hear it Readyfora's! You look much MUCH better without them and they are natural now, can't get better than that! Even if they don't change much you still look better than before!
Glad to hear all went well for you. I've realised reading all the comments on this forum that even though we worry about what we're going to look like afterwards, the relief we feel once they're out overrides that concern. I'm happy and that's the most important thing. Hope you go from strength to strength and continue recovering well
Hi goingnaturalagain,
I need to post some updated pics. Mine are improving the last month and while they are not perfect I love my new look. Mine are still flat profile...no real filling in on top. But the skin is better..wrinkles have filled in etc. I knew I didnt want anymore implants and so they removed under breast. All is great. Good luck to you!!!
I just posted a review because I recently had my saline implants drained and I'm going in a few months for removal of the shells. Yours look allot like mine! Have they changed shape or filled in on top? Here is the link to my review with pictures. http://www.realself.com/review/breast-implant-removal-saline-breast-implants-deflated-mistake-decision
Thanks so much for sharing and posting photos. I've seen so many over the last few years of women who had their implants removed but everyone had natural breast tissue to begin with. Not me. I was an A cup and went to a D cup then to a C cup (over the course of 20 years). I have been told over and over again that I am going to be very unhappy with the results if I have them removed. But I'm not the insecure girl I once was. Boobs have been fun but I'm ready to live my life without them (and being that I got them when I was 20 I think I'm ready!).

I think you look beautiful! I am curious as to how you are doing now though. Have they filled in at all? Would you mind posting pics (I feel kinda awkward asking, sorry)?
I had mine removed recently after 15 years and are thrilled with how much better they look. I was 20 pounds skinnier when I got them and am a normal weight now, so I grew real ones and didn't even realize it. Instead of being stick thin and having to buy fake ones, just be a healthly weight and grow your own.
Just wanted to let you know that I too had my implants removed years ago (in 1996) after 13yrs with implants. For a few months my breast were pretty soft and squishy, but they have firmed up to where they don't look bad at all. Not perky like years ago, but I can live with them just fine! I'm still very happy they were removed. Good luck to you.
Allnatural, I can only suggest rest, rest, and more rest. I had 6 days off work for my explant and did as little as possible. When I was feeling better it was often easy to think I was invincible, but I managed to take it easy. I didn't let loose until my surgeon released me back to full activity. I'm grateful now, I had a very easy recovery.
Your after pictures look so much better. What a relief it is to get those foreign objects out of our bodies. Congrats to you. I don't have drains, so I'm thinking mine may settle down, which is fine. Nothing a pretty bra can't handle. For now, keep them snugly wrapped to promote healing. Any other tips out there?
Congratulations it's a big desicion but good for you! Lots of pics on here seem to look fine and the women say it gets better our bodies are amazing at healing hope you have a good recovery E
Hi! You made exactly the right choice and you look much much better! You'll be amazed how quickly they fill out. Rest well and look after your body! x
I think they look perfectly fine to my eyes, they are meant to be little deflated in the beginning but in my opinion they still look better natural than before.

You definitely look much better than before!
Glad it went well. Please keep updating. I asked my Dr to use local, but for some reason she declined? I'm scheduled for early this afternoon.
Hope all goes well for you too. Pls keep updating.
Im happy for you, with time the wrinkles will fill up too. The best part is that you are feeling good. Although smaller than before but the best part is you are 100% natural! Hope you have a speedy recovery and the fluff fairy comes to you tonite to fluff them up. Good luck n keep posting.
Hi readyfora's

Hope everything goes well for you today. Keep us posted pls.
Hope today goes well. Tomorrow I'm doing the same.
I wish you all the best for tomorrow allnatual.
Im hoping to do this before the end of Feb. Keep us informed regarding your op n Wish u a speed recovery.
I agree Angie. Natural is very pretty. I showed a very close male friend my after pictures. As he'd seen the befores too, he was so full of compliments and said they looked so much more beautiful. I think because he was male, it made a massive difference to my confidence and I've started making more of an effort again.

You never know! With good elasticity you might look just fine after this. And you'll be natural, which in and of itself is pretty, I think. Thank you for starting your story with us. Looking forward to following along on your journey.

They might look a little deflated and loose, but they won't stay that way, but I bet she didn't say that. It makes me a little mad when they're that harsh just to make money. It's up to you, not them. Good on you.